Author Topic: Resistance, Secession, Sovereignty and State's Rights  (Read 24212 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Resistance, Secession, Sovereignty and State's Rights
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2016, 09:26:30 pm »
Read this while you still can before it is completely scrubbed from the internet!

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_Income_Tax%3A_Root_of_all_Evil/50525/0/38/38/Y/M.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2016, 09:29:36 pm »
They won't be doing any of those things under the faritax either!  Texas has the 12th largest economy on the planet and no income tax!  NONE of that is happening here!

If you would just take the time and effort to actually READ some of the information I have linked to perhaps you might understand!  This country did quite well for a very long time without either an income tax OR an IRS!
Bigun, I'm aware of that. Our income tax is very low, by comparison to other states with one.

And while the country did very well without an income tax, it collected excise taxes and tariffs, which while they might not have called it the "IRS" were administered and collected and enforced by treasury agents. They won't go away, because they will be around to collect and enforce any Federal tax.
If there is a prebate, it will take an army to just keep track of the thirty million or more people who move each year and make sure their prebate goes to the right place.
Then you will have to enforce taxes at every point of sale in the US, and the only way to do that is to eliminate cash sales. Every sale of goods or services will have to be tracked to enforce the tax.
Otherwise, there will be a rollicking trade in damaged goods and spoilage and goods destroyed in shipping, out the back door, cash money, no tax.

Oh, there will be an IRS, and it will be even more invasive than ever.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2016, 01:27:09 am »
Otherwise, there will be a rollicking trade in damaged goods and spoilage and goods destroyed in shipping, out the back door, cash money, no tax.

Don't we have that now? The best of both worlds.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2016, 01:28:40 am »

Don't we have that now? The best of both worlds.
We do have some, don't want more.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: States' rights
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2016, 01:28:51 am »
Once the fairtax is passed into law that all ends and the thoroughly corrupt IRS, which is an absolute requirement for any form of income tax,  is HISTORY!

The question is:

Why on earth would the country holding itself up to the world as the CHIEF opponents of Communism want anything at all to do with the very tax system that Communism endorses?

My question is what Presidential candidate said he would eliminate the IRS?  That is the one to stand behind.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:26 am »

My question is what Presidential candidate said he would eliminate the IRS?  That is the one to stand behind.

I don't know if I would stand right behind him. Maybe a little to the side.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2016, 01:43:30 am »
1. There are no changeover costs with the fairtax!  45 of the 50 states already have a sales tax in place!  The only costs involved would be a few lines of code in the cash register's programming.

2. The Fairtax is NOT regressive!  EVERYONE except possibly for those who are wealthy enough under the current scheme to be able to arrange their affairs in such a way as to have little or no "Income", will be better off under the fairtax!

https://fairtax-structure-psyclone.netdna-ssl.com/client_assets/fairtaxorg/media/attachments/56c4/afa1/6970/2d7c/197d/0000/56c4afa169702d7c197d0000.pdf?1455730593

Of course there's a cost.  They have to add an ADDITIONAL sales tax to the programming at cash registers; start withholding and submitting a SECOND, BIGGER amount to a SEPARATE government agency.

Of course it's regressive.  A retiree who paid taxes on his savings, and is now living on them, now does not pay Federal taxes on his purchases.  In this case he WOULD - and not just on food; also on a new car, a vacation trip, new carpeting...ANYTHING.  He gets whacked doubly.

The only rich people who don't pay income tax, are rich people without income.  That is, they money they HAVE they made in earlier years; and at the current point they are making none.

There is no way to have income off the books, except to work for cash.  That isn't easily done when you're talking about high incomes.  I see the Leftist propaganda has affected you.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2016, 01:46:24 am »

Rhetorical question?

Of course, the one who promised that...Trump and his crack investigators at the National Enquirer outed his father as the second gunman in Kennedy's assassination.

Lucky us.  We were almost gulled into nominating a Canadian Goldman-Sachs tool with a murderer father...boy.  We'd have LOST to Her Hillaryness... **nononono*
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:46:47 am by JustPassinThru »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2016, 01:59:41 am »
Bigun, I'm aware of that. Our income tax is very low, by comparison to other states with one.

And while the country did very well without an income tax, it collected excise taxes and tariffs, which while they might not have called it the "IRS" were administered and collected and enforced by treasury agents. They won't go away, because they will be around to collect and enforce any Federal tax.
If there is a prebate, it will take an army to just keep track of the thirty million or more people who move each year and make sure their prebate goes to the right place.
Then you will have to enforce taxes at every point of sale in the US, and the only way to do that is to eliminate cash sales. Every sale of goods or services will have to be tracked to enforce the tax.

You are COMPLETELY wrong in all of your those assumptions.  Absolutely wrong!  IMHO the Fairtax was once the key to unraveling the mess our federal government  has become but it doesn't really matter one way or the other now does it?  The Republic we were given is no more and will never be seen again on the face of the Earth.

Although we disagree I still thank you for the civil discussion.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2016, 02:01:08 am »

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2016, 02:26:29 am »
You are COMPLETELY wrong in all of your those assumptions.  Absolutely wrong!  IMHO the Fairtax was once the key to unraveling the mess our federal government  has become but it doesn't really matter one way or the other now does it?  The Republic we were given is no more and will never be seen again on the face of the Earth.

Although we disagree I still thank you for the civil discussion.
You're welcome, and thank you. We're on familiar terrain, anyway. I think we can agree to disagree.

C S Lewis