Author Topic: How Meg Whitman Failed Her Way to the Top at Ebay......  (Read 2026 times)

Offline oldmomster

How Meg Whitman Failed Her Way to the Top at Ebay......
« on: August 03, 2016, 06:14:14 pm »

How Meg Whitman Failed Her Way to the Top at Ebay - Collecting Billions While Nearly Destroying The Company (Flashback 2010)

Class War For Idiots / Investigative Report / October 27, 2010
By Mark Ames and Yasha Levine

With the elections for governor just around the corner, most California voters probably think they have a pretty good grasp of the pros and cons of Republican candidate Meg Whitman: on the downside, she’s an aloof billionaire who can’t be bothered to vote or remember her own servants’ names after nine years, and she’s dabbled in the sort of insider double-dealing with Goldman Sachs that’s brought the nation’s economy to its knees.

On the plus side, many still regard Whitman as one of the most effective and successful business leaders around. Three decades of relentless pro-business PR have convinced a lot of voters that our best business leaders know best, and that’s been Whitman’s main selling point, going back to her first campaign ad:

“I have run large organizations. I know how to create jobs. I know how to focus. I know how to balance a budget. And, I think, a business perspective is a bit of what California needs right now.”

But what few people outside of the investment community know is what a disaster Meg Whitman’s business career really was. In fact, Meg Whitman’s record in the corporate world reads like a laundry list of failure: it’s a resume marked by fraud, gross incompetence, wasteful spending and gross disregard for anyone’s interests but her own. In her obsessive drive to become a billionaire, Whitman left a legacy of bitterness among untold numbers of jilted employees, shareholders and eBay clients, while enriching herself and a handful of fellow executives and investment bankers.

Her worst decision at eBay — to buy internet phone service Skype for over $4 billion in 2005 — bled billions in eBay’s value. It was a huge waste of money whose consequences were passed on to employees and shareholders. The effects are still being felt by the company today, over five years after Whitman’s disastrous decision.

more...

http://exiledonline.com/how-meg-whitman-failed-her-way-to-the-top-at-ebay-collecting-billions-while-nearly-destroying-the-company/

Hope Meg does as much for Clinton as she did for Ebay.....

geronl

Re: How Meg Whitman Failed Her Way to the Top at Ebay......
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »
Attacks on anyone who opposes Trump are very predictable.

It does Trump no favors, believe me.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 06:39:39 pm »

Agreed.  What's the point of rehashing this, oldmomster?   Do any of you Trumpsters have the common sense God gave you?   Make the positive case for your candidate,  don't imitate Trump and just bash, bash, bash all who decline to declare fealty.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 06:44:28 pm »
Agreed.  What's the point of rehashing this, oldmomster?   Do any of you Trumpsters have the common sense God gave you?   Make the positive case for your candidate,  don't imitate Trump and just bash, bash, bash all who decline to declare fealty.

the way you bash bash bash anyone who supports him? 

dont like the article? you dont have to read it.....there is no quiz at the end of the day!   

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »

dont like the article? you dont have to read it.....there is no quiz at the end of the day!

I don't have any problem with bashing people that set themselves up to be bashed... Like Whitman. 

Support Hillary...?   :3:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 07:08:39 pm »

You're trying, I presume, to get your candidate elected.   Why do you think it will help to bash folks who, for years and years, have willingly supported Republicans?   Why not consider just why so many of us are contemplating doing something so drastic and unprecedented?     

By the way,  Newt just said today that Trump is "unacceptable".  Will you consider his criticisms or just bash him too?     

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 07:21:56 pm »

By the way,  Newt just said today that Trump is "unacceptable".  Will you consider his criticisms or just bash him too?   

Meg Whitman has been the enemy of many small business owners who survived her reign at Ebay.

Hillary is the enemy of America.  I will crawl over broken glass to vote AGAINST her.

I did not post any article about Newt.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »

I thought she was going to be joining his campaign. Trump loves him some rich banking buddies.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 08:43:37 pm »
Interesting site
http://exiledonline.com/vanity-fair-profiles-the-exile/

Mark Ames
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Ames

Matt Taibbi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Taibbi

EBay to Make $1.4 Billion on Skype After Microsoft Acquisition
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-05-11/ebay-to-make-1-4-billion-on-skype-after-microsoft-acquisition

Such a failure that Meg Whitman.

In 1998, eBay was a 3-year-old start-up with 30 employees and revenue of less than $5 million. When she left a decade later, the auction site had $8 billion in sales, 15,000 workers and operations in 30 countries, despite the missed opportunity in Japan.

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/04/29/hps-meg-whitman-one-of-my-big-failures-at-ebay-cnbc-25.html
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 09:26:44 pm »
Meg Whitman has been the enemy of many small business owners who survived her reign at Ebay.

Ebay is a boon to small business owners, especially retirees looking for additional income.   That's what I intend to do once I retire - sell jazz records on Ebay.