Author Topic: I did a very deep dive into Donald Trump’s KFC picture  (Read 1175 times)

Wingnut

I did a very deep dive into Donald Trump’s KFC picture
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:59:35 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/02/a-forensic-analysis-of-donald-trumps-kentucky-fried-chicken-picture/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_1_na

By Chris Cillizza August 2 at 10:47 AM
Donald Trump likes Twitter. You may know this. He uses Twitter to drive news cycles, respond to “haters” and, occasionally, to document what he is eating.

Late Monday night, Trump gave us a food tweet — and it was glorious.

This photo contains multitudes. Let's dig in.

* The KFC bucket. Trump is eating a BIG bucket of fried chicken. A quick search of the KFC website leads me to believe what Trump has there is a “$20 Fill-Up.” Here's what that gets you:

He may have already eaten the biscuits. Or pawned them off to someone else. But that bucket looks like it could hold “8 pieces of crunchy, Extra Crispy chicken.” And that definitely looks like a large mashed potatoes and gravy next to it. As for whether the meal effectively kept “those friends feeling satisfied,” we can only speculate.

* The Journal. Trump, not surprisingly, is reading — or at least possesses — the Wall Street Journal, the default newspaper of the business world. I like to think the white paper obscured by the Journal is a printout of Fix posts.

* The letter on the table. If you look to the left of the Journal, there is a piece of paper with text on it. It's the one with the KFC bucket and pepper shaker sitting on it. Here's a closer look.

That letter — and I owe Philip Bump for figuring this one out — is the one Senate Democrats sent to President Obama urging him to accept more Syrian refugees into the United States. Here's the full letter. Trump has seized on the letter as evidence that Democrats want to allow a flood of Syrians into the country and will do it with a Democrat in the White House in 2017.

* Talking points? Look closely at Trump's left breast pocket. There's a folded piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper peeking out. Here's the close-up.

TrumpKFC_Pocket
The words look upside down. And if you can make out any of them, you have WAY better eyesight than me. So, I am speculating these are Trump talking points — hastily stuffed in a jacket pocket after concluding his remarks in Pennsylvania.

Offline politicalwit

• MedRecruiterUSA, LLC
Re: I did a very deep dive into Donald Trump’s KFC picture
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:17:13 am »
The chicken on that plate is far too dark to be "extra crispy".  Looks more like "original" and note also that there are no crispy droppings on the plate.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:20:35 am »
Someone should probably ping @HonestJohn and his avatar.   ^-^
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:24:29 am »
Only one thing explains it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89uOeDL9Gw

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:27:39 am »
Is this all Chris Cillizza can find to write about...just saying
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:30:36 am »
Is this all Chris Cillizza can find to write about...just saying

Better the Leftists focus on this than the 20 other terrible things Donny did today.