Author Topic: Audience to Put George W. Bush on Trial Nightly  (Read 1129 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Audience to Put George W. Bush on Trial Nightly
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:48:11 pm »
Audience to Put George W. Bush on Trial Nightly

Eight audience members will be chosen as the jury at each performance.

The Trial of an American President, a new play by Dick Tarlow with Bill Smith, will play Off-Broadway’s Lion Theatre this fall. Each night, an actor playing former President George W. Bush will be put on trial during the show for the destabilization of the Middle East, and eight audience members will be chosen as the jury.

With the verdict changing nightly, the ending of the show changes as well. Directed by Stephen Eich, The Trial of an American President will begin performances September 17 and officially open September 29.

Tony Carlin ( Sylvia, Fish In The Dark) will play Bush; he will be joined by Mahira Kakkar ( Clive ) as narrator and Michael Rogers ( Joe Turner Has Come and Gone) as prosecutor.

“With the continuing rise of ISIS and ongoing worldwide terrorism, world leaders demanded answers about who was responsible for the destabilization of the Middle East,” production notes state. “The International Criminal Court at The Hague reached out to President George W. Bush to be accountable for his actions. Against the wishes of his family and advisors, Bush remarkably has agreed to stand trail.”

More: http://www.playbill.com/article/audience-to-put-george-w-bush-on-trial-nightly

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Audience to Put George W. Bush on Trial Nightly
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 03:54:14 pm »
Well this pisses me off!!

Why not try Bill and or Hilary...Obama and his admin......not need to answer I already know why.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 04:11:48 pm »
This is silly and typical of Leftist fixation on PAST, IRRELEVANT assertions of wrongdoing.

G. W. Bush is not running for anything; is not controlling anything, is irrelevant at this point.  The only reason for a Two-Minute Hate here is to keep the ignorami riled up.

Leftism is WHOLLY based on EMOTION.  Not logic; not understanding of what works and what does not...but HATRED for others.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:31:35 pm »
This is silly and typical of Leftist fixation on PAST, IRRELEVANT assertions of wrongdoing.

G. W. Bush is not running for anything; is not controlling anything, is irrelevant at this point.  The only reason for a Two-Minute Hate here is to keep the ignorami riled up.

Leftism is WHOLLY based on EMOTION.  Not logic; not understanding of what works and what does not...but HATRED for others.
No problem for HATE for Trump, based wholly on emotion.

Bush doesn't defend these policies and that has been a let down, just a few remarks from Dick Cheney.  It leaves some of out left out hanging, those of us who have defended Bush.

Then, we are to see in some cases, Bush supporters talk down Trump so much; when Bush wanted to give amnesty etc.  Then, those who want to negate this talk, it smacks of hypocrisy.

He campaigned as a conservative, did some things alright but also may have hurt the brand.

Historically, Republicans don't start wars.

He went into globalism, and I'm sorry, if former Bush supporters are so harsh on Trump, it's fair game.

Though we may not know about Trump for certain, Pat Buchanan was certainly against that intervention from the beginning, Trump espouses some Buchanan ideas.

Yeah, call everyone a Rino but when part of the reason the party is the way it is is because of Bush, then it is bleeping ignoramuses.

And Obama has plenty of responsibility too, as does Hillary, Libya a disaster.

Blame left wingers, hardly the way, I ever thought of Pat Buchanan and if people trash Trump, maybe they should look at themselves.

And I agree, despite the HATERS of Trump, good riddance to globalism, interventionism and so on.

If you piss on Trump because he's a RINO years in the making, put your big boy pants on and man up.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:38:25 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 05:40:48 pm »
Brilliant, it be Pearl Harbor, Watergate, the JFK assassination, anything historical is out of bounds now.

That's one good way to assert the high road while the likes of Trump or whomever can be trashed.

Sounds pretty spineless to me.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 05:59:03 pm »
Party of Bush has been overthrown, if some people don't like it, everything is pertinent, no Blair nor Bush should be tried anymore than Obama or Clinton over the Middle East.

Should we not recognize faults all the same?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 06:10:59 pm »
With the verdict changing nightly, the ending of the show changes as well.

Bullshit. Only filthy dope smoking Leftist will bother going, the guy playing Bush will be acting as a braid dead 5 year old with a stutter and every night he will be found guilty.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 08:59:03 pm »
No problem for HATE for Trump, based wholly on emotion.

The hatred is earned; earned of the FACTS of what he is and has done; and it's entirely relevant.

He is, at best, no better than his opponent.  Q.E.D.

Bush doesn't defend these policies and that has been a let down, just a few remarks from Dick Cheney.  It leaves some of out left out hanging, those of us who have defended Bush.

That's another issue.  But Bush doesn't matter - unless he hires you to work on his ranch.

Then, we are to see in some cases, Bush supporters talk down Trump so much; when Bush wanted to give amnesty etc.  Then, those who want to negate this talk, it smacks of hypocrisy.

He campaigned as a conservative, did some things alright but also may have hurt the brand.

Historically, Republicans don't start wars.

Neither do real Republicans, or conservatives, let Leftists rewrite the facts for them.

Bush didn't start that war.  Saddam Hussein started it in 1990.

It was a Theatre of Combat for all the years of the conditional armistice which Saddam broke and Bubba was too busy with fellating interns, to deal with.  I was IN the Persian Gulf during that period, on an aircraft carrier.  I got Combat Pay and we earned it, in several major alerts.

He went into globalism, and I'm sorry, if former Bush supporters are so harsh on Trump, it's fair game.

You can argue it; you're wrong but it's irrelevant.  Bush is GONE.  Trump is not gone; he's the new pimple on the gluteus of the Republic.

Though we may not know about Trump for certain, Pat Buchanan was certainly against that intervention from the beginning, Trump espouses some Buchanan ideas.

And that is a recommendation?  Pat Buchanan was, frankly, an uninformed KOOK.

If you want isolation, you need to read up on what it did to the world in the 1930s.  Which I guess we are about to repeat, as we're making every mistake that was made then; but I'm not going to blithely accept it because Buchanan is an idealogue who rejects FACTS.

Yeah, call everyone a Rino but when part of the reason the party is the way it is is because of Bush, then it is bleeping ignoramuses.

And Obama has plenty of responsibility too, as does Hillary, Libya a disaster.

Blame left wingers, hardly the way, I ever thought of Pat Buchanan and if people trash Trump, maybe they should look at themselves.

And I agree, despite the HATERS of Trump, good riddance to globalism, interventionism and so on.

If you piss on Trump because he's a RINO years in the making, put your big boy pants on and man up.

Big boys don't join cults.  Confused kids and dopers, crave the structure and prepackaged conclusions and order a cult gives them.

I KNOW, as does anyone who knows history, Trump's history and world history, that what he offers are not answers - he offers quick answers and assurances; answers which have failed in the past.  He also offers demons - all cultists do.  Which is why he can't let go Emmanuel Goldstein, aka Ted Cruz, to refocus on his current opponent.

Who happens to be, also, his buddy and recipient of his largesse.  No...he's having too much fun beating up strawmen who don't fight back...