Author Topic: DHS chief chastises Trump for 'vilifying' Muslims  (Read 942 times)

rangerrebew

DHS chief chastises Trump for 'vilifying' Muslims
« on: July 30, 2016, 12:11:26 pm »
DHS chief chastises Trump for 'vilifying' Muslims
'Overheated rhetoric that fans the flames of fear and prejudice has consequences'
Published: 12 hours ago

Speaking at an elite Aspen Institute forum in Colorado, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson chastised Republican nominee Donald Trump without using the candidate’s name, decrying political rhetoric that “vilifies Muslims.”

“Overheated rhetoric that fans the flames of fear and prejudice has consequences,” he said at the four-day Aspen Security Forum, calling it “a setback to our homeland security efforts.”

The Colorado Springs Gazette reported Johnson said his agency has worked with American Muslims to improve intelligence efforts and get advanced warning of potential lone-wolf terrorist strikes.

“There is very definitely a role for the public to play in this environment,” Johnson said, according to the paper. “The public can and has made a difference through vigilance and awareness.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/dhs-chief-chastises-trump-for-vilifying-muslims/#aohHBxeIXOIjwqzP.99

rangerrebew

Re: DHS chief chastises Trump for 'vilifying' Muslims
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 12:14:42 pm »
We all know members of the religion of peace don't randomly kill innocent people, well maybe a few hundred here and there, but that is a small number compared to the world population. :whistle: Yes, we need to focus on the real killers in this day and age - air conditioners. :3:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 01:44:33 pm »

:#@$%:, Jeh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bob434

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:34:39 pm »
not that i am a trump supporter- but what he should do is turn right around and say "You sir are the very reason this country is being attacked from within, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for not doing the obvious to keep America Safe! And when I become president you had better start looking for another job!@"

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:01:17 pm »
not that i am a trump supporter- but what he should do is turn right around and say "You sir are the very reason this country is being attacked from within, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for not doing the obvious to keep America Safe! And when I become president you had better start looking for another job!@"

It is easy for all of us to make an intelligent retort to the Dimocraps. Trump is not up to the task- his tweets are always off the mark in some way. Expressing himself like a child is a YUGE problem.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 11:10:08 pm »

What is "the obvious"?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bob434

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 04:30:14 am »
isn't it obvious?

Offline bob434

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 04:34:45 am »
It is easy for all of us to make an intelligent retort to the Dimocraps. Trump is not up to the task- his tweets are always off the mark in some way. Expressing himself like a child is a YUGE problem.

Well that's what his speech writers are for- or spokespeople- He's gonna have to 'surround himself with the smartest people' in order ot accomplish anything- but given his feelings about allowing in muslim refugees- he's at the very least on the right track there by saying enough already- no more- his 'smart people' can take over from there-