Author Topic: Is This The Beginning Of The End For Venezuela's Oil Sector?  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Is This The Beginning Of The End For Venezuela's Oil Sector?
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 11:34:53 pm »
Sometimes the media will also blame the earlier leader, if it fits their agenda, like this http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,221672.msg1026261.html#msg1026261
We saw that with the whole Bush's Fault meme, too. It was the Community Reinvestment Act policies against 'redlining' (another word for prudent release of capital in the loan market) which led to the insane real estate bubble, and a host of financial 'products' designed to comply with the law and avoid lawsuits, but which actually set up the whole disaster in 2007/8 along with the derivatives market.

Clinton's Fault, and those kick the can down the road policies which don't go into effect until someone else is in office are designed to transfer blame to the next office holder. I honestly think the whole Obamarama was supposed to be a one term show, so the Obamacare went into full effect under a Republican President and GOP controlled Congress and they got the blame. 

There is always a way to blame someone else if you have a willing press and stupid people.

I agree, education remains key in all this, but with Honey booboos and lardashians, and 'murica's got talent, getting past the twitter feeds and Facebook fence (where the gossips hang out) is going to be tough.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 02:56:58 am »
There is always a way to blame someone else if you have a willing press and stupid people.

I agree, education remains key in all this, but with Honey booboos and lardashians, and 'murica's got talent, getting past the twitter feeds and Facebook fence (where the gossips hang out) is going to be tough.

You mean taking courses like this instead of courses that help one to get a real skillset?
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,220192.msg1018042.html#msg1018042
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 02:59:35 am »
This is the least of their worries. Eating would be the first.

I heard a Caracas Zoo was broken into and people slaughtered a horse.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 03:03:57 am »
I heard a Caracas Zoo was broken into and people slaughtered a horse.

Kinda. They were using the horses to feed the zoo animals and the locals were eating the zoo animals. I think Zero Hedge had some good stories on the total breakdown of society down there. People are spending their days hunting pigeons in the cities for nourishment.

geronl

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 03:05:51 am »
Kinda. They were using the horses to feed the zoo animals and the locals were eating the zoo animals. I think Zero Hedge had some good stories on the total breakdown of society down there. People are spending their days hunting pigeons in the cities for nourishment.

They should be hunting Chavistas

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 04:05:51 am »
You mean taking courses like this instead of courses that help one to get a real skillset?
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,220192.msg1018042.html#msg1018042
IIRC, Harvard offered a course in underwater basketweaving...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 10:37:50 am »
IIRC, Harvard offered a course in underwater basketweaving...

What about underwater dowsing?  Maybe coals to Newcastle?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 05:34:30 pm »
What about underwater dowsing?  Maybe coals to Newcastle?
Actually, underwater dowsing might work. Dowsers can dowse for more than just water, and have been known to dowse for oil and precious metals, too. One I know of walked over 4 different wildcat well locations and his predictions were right every time, and even predicted a well in a formation that did not normally produce (he gave a depth of the 'oil vein', he didn't know the name of the rock layer). He did better than the geophysicists who only got half of them right, and predicted the wrong geological formations. (Two producers, two dry holes).

Last I heard, they had plenty of coals in Newcastle.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 01:37:48 am »
One I know of walked over 4 different wildcat well locations and his predictions were right every time, and even predicted a well in a formation that did not normally produce (he gave a depth of the 'oil vein', he didn't know the name of the rock layer). He did better than the geophysicists who only got half of them right, and predicted the wrong geological formations. (Two producers, two dry holes).

Better be careful, @Smokin Joe , as that dowser guy sounds cheaper than the pay given these long-term geologists, and some of those geophysicists might not care too much for spilling the beans as well.

I think I already related how this engineer stumbled onto a new formation by mistakenly picking the wrong collars to perforate......
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 02:06:54 am »
Better be careful, @Smokin Joe , as that dowser guy sounds cheaper than the pay given these long-term geologists, and some of those geophysicists might not care too much for spilling the beans as well.

I think I already related how this engineer stumbled onto a new formation by mistakenly picking the wrong collars to perforate......
They still have to have someone find it in the wellbore.
I had to think for a second, counting casing collars, not drill collars. I have been in the drilling end for a long time.
As for engineer's mistakes, that sure beats running out of surface hole before running out of casing string, and some others I have seen...   Better lucky than good, sometimes.

C S Lewis