Author Topic: The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability  (Read 15280 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE STORY AND WATCH VIDEOS, BEFORE YOU REPLY! REALLY! IF YOU REPLY AND HAVEN'T READ YOU MIGHT LOOK FOOLISH, JUST SAYIN!

The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability
http://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

At the Democratic National Convention speakers are repeating the claim, amplified ad nauseam by the left and establishment GOP opponents over the past year, that Donald Trump mocked the disability of New York Times reporter, Serge Kovaleski. This accusation has served as a very convenient tool to both smear Trump’s character and to avoid having to confront him on substantive political issues. But is it true? Here is the story the media is not telling you.

It all started  on November 21, 2015 when, at a rally, Trump said he remembered seeing reports of Arab Americans celebrating the 9/11 terror attacks on rooftops in New Jersey shortly after the twin towers fell. As he told George Stephanopolous in an interview the next day on ABC’s “This Week”:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:06:42 am by R4 TrumPence »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Hoodat

Re: The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 09:17:36 am »
Who wrote this?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:50:34 am »
I assume the author was too much of a coward to leave his/her name.

The author opens up - not with the mocking event - but instead tries to lay the groundwork that the press omits part of the story by regurgitating the comments Trump made last November about people in New Jersey celebrating the 9/11 attacks and how Serge Kovaleski backed up his account with a story written at the time but now is saying he can't remember.

Yet the author omits part of the story herself.  Kovaleski wasn't asked about the Trump comment in the story.  He was asked about a statement Trump made at a Birmingham rally on November 21.  At that rally, Trump said:

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down, and I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down”

When Kovaleski was asked about this statement by the Washington Post, he responded, “I certainly do not remember anyone saying that thousands or even hundreds of people were celebrating,” said Serge Kovaleski, one of the reporters. “That was not the case, as best as I can remember.”

So the author has removed the statement that Kovaleski was asked about, and substituted another statement in its place.  This is what real Catholics refer to as L-Y-I-N-G.

Shall I read further?  Or can we stop now.  Seriously, when you can't even get out of the gate before you start lying, what's the point?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 09:54:05 am »
Dear Moderator,

We really need a new category in our Briefing Room tree for articles such as this.  Instead of polluting the Politics folder, I strongly suggest we file this under the heading 'Lies and Bullshit' so that other members won't confuse this with actual issues going on.  Thanks.

xxxoooxxxooo

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:12:14 am »
'Very embarrassing for the media, especially the Washington Post which had done such a great job scouring news reports after 9/11 that they missed their very own story on the subject. It was in this state of embarrassment that the media was desperate to distract from the matter.'

@R4 TrumPence

Doncha just love all the coverage of Clinton Foundation, dead Americans in Benghazi and missing classified emails in WaPo?  oh wait.....

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 10:13:11 am »
Who wrote this?
What is your problem?
I wrote it!!
Now key me delete your post **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline RedHead

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 10:59:45 am »
I read the story.  I watched the video.  Anyone who really believes Trump was not mocking the reporter's disability is blind to reality.

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 11:08:35 am »
Who wrote this?

A PAC for Trump. (catholics4trump)

This isn't news, but propaganda.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:09:55 am by HonestJohn »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 11:11:09 am »
Your article is very selective with the truth.  It starts with this part:

"It all started  on November 21, 2015 when, at a rally, Trump said he remembered seeing reports of Arab Americans celebrating the 9/11 terror attacks on rooftops in New Jersey shortly after the twin towers fell...Stephanopolous and all of the major news outlets immediately denied the existence of any such news reports following 9/11."

What your article left out, and what the transcript of that episode of "This Week" confirms is that Trump claimed he saw thousands of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey.  That is the part that the media immediately denied.  Turns out they were right.

Then it continues:

While he did this, Trump moved his hands around quickly, acting flustered.

Complete crap.  Anyone with half a brain can see that Trump was deliberately imitating, and mocking, Kovaleski's disability.   Flustered people do not move in the spastic actions that Trump imitated.

It's bad enough that your candidate couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.  Supporting lies with lies is even worse.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 11:23:49 am »
What is your problem?
I wrote it!!
Now key me delete your post **nononono*

You deleted my post?  I lay out a case that totally discredits your recreant, fallacious drivel, and you deleted it?  Wow.  Just wow.

Someone exposes your lies, so you censor them.  Unfrigginbelievable.

Not only are you a liar, you are a coward as well.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 11:28:29 am »
Your article is very selective with the truth.  It starts with this part:

What your article left out, and what the transcript of that episode of "This Week" confirms is that Trump claimed he saw thousands of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey.  That is the part that the media immediately denied.  Turns out they were right.

Correctamundo!  Trump made that statement at a Birmingham rally on Nov 21, and it is that statement that Kovaleski was asked about.  Yet the pusillanimous perfidious author led the readers to believe that Kovaleski was responding to the substituted Trump statement.

This author has been caught red-handed lying for Trump.  That speaks volumes.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 11:41:17 am »
Dear Moderator,

We really need a new category in our Briefing Room tree for articles such as this.  Instead of polluting the Politics folder, I strongly suggest we file this under the heading 'Lies and Bullshit' so that other members won't confuse this with actual issues going on.  Thanks.

xxxoooxxxooo

We could call it Lining the Birdcage.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 12:27:52 pm »
When my kids were younger and living at home, they would make digging motions every time I'd contort myself trying to "explain" something to their mother.

Keep digging, guys.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:28:09 pm by Henry Noel »
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 12:27:59 pm »
So, if we are to believe this, then Trump wasn't mocking the reporter, he is just spastic on his own. It isn't an act, it was just Trump's own mental issues that caused this. Allrighty then. Not exactly a better prospect. 

Let's look a bit closer, again, this supposedly isn't Trump mocking someone. The justification is this is how he acts.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:30:04 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »
So, if we are to believe this, then Trump wasn't mocking the reporter, he is just spastic on his own. It isn't an act, it was just Trump's own mental issues that caused this. Allrighty then. Not exactly a better prospect. 

Note the people in the audience, who didn't seem too amused. Reminds me of the time when Joan Rivers was doing a standup routine on the Johnny Carson show. She had them rolling in the aisles, until she quipped "I'm so ugly that when I was born my mother took one look at me and demanded an abortion."

At that point the laughter ceased and there was dead, stony silence. You could have heard a pin drop.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 12:36:05 pm »
When my kids were younger and living at home, they would make digging motions every time I'd contort myself trying to "explain" something to their mother.

Keep digging, guys.

Defending this is just keeping the issue at the top of the page.

Jussayin'
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 12:48:51 pm »
Just asking. Why was this not posted in Editorial/Opinion?

OK - now to comment after reading the whole thing and watching the videos:

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

“I certainly do not remember anyone saying that thousands or even hundreds of people were celebrating,” said Serge Kovaleski, one of the reporters. “That was not the case, as best as I can remember.”

I don’t see the contradiction here or where Kovaleski was backtracking.  “A number of people” doesn’t necessarily equate or mean thousands or even hundreds.

…Just a couple of blocks away from that Jersey City apartment the F.B.I. raided yesterday and had evidence removed, there is another apartment building, one that investigators told me, quote, was swarming with suspects — suspects who I’m told were cheering on the roof when they saw the planes slam into the Trade Center. Police were called to the building by neighbors and found eight men celebrating , six of them tenants in the building.

Breitbart commentary? Really. Well there is a completely unbiased source.  /s

Next- the videos of Trump mocking Cruz and mocking the general do not look anything like his mocking of Kovaleski.  The key is the way Trump held his hand, his right hand and in exactly the same manner as with Kovaleski’s disability.

'Now the poor guy, you gotta see this guy: "Uh, I don’t know what I said. I don’t remember." He’s going, "I don’t remember. Maybe that’s what I said."'

Note that Trump didn’t say “you gotta read this guy” or you gotta listen to this guy” but “you gotta SEE this guy”.

I will also point out that Trump lied about not knowing who Kovaleski was or ever having met him.

The award-winning veteran reporter in question, Serge Kovalski, said he has not only known Trump for decades, but that he’s interviewed the celebrity real estate mogul enough times over the years to claim a familiar rapport. 

“Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Kovaleski said in an interview with The Times. “I’ve interviewed him in his office … I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.”

Trump, for his part, insists that he was merely acting out the part of a flustered reporter. “I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovalski [sic] is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence,” Trump said in a statement released Thursday. He added: “Despite having one of the all-time great memories I certainly do not remember him.”

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/reporter-disabilities-disputes-trumps-claim-they-didnt-know-each-other

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/trump-denies-mocking-disabled-reporter-article-1.2447814

Thus, Trump’s impersonations of a flustered reporter several months ago was turned into a left-wing and Establishment GOP narrative whereby Trump somehow hates the disabled. This despite the fact that Trump has given millions to charities that help the disabled including raising nearly six million dollars for Wounded Warriors just recently, a million of which was his own money. In addition, Liz Crokin, a journalist that has covered Donald trump for ten years recalls the following:

For one thing, the Trump campaign over exaggerated the amount of money raised for veterans and Trump then only ponied upped his $1 million after getting criticism for not having done so.  And I’d still like to see if it was a personal check from Trump or from his Donald J. Trump Foundation, if the latter, it wouldn’t be his own money. If Trump were to release his tax returns, perhaps that would put the issue to rest.

Also note that most of Trump’s donations to charities come from his foundation, a foundation that he does not give much if any money to personally and includes donations to some very questionable “charities” like GLADSEN. Look them up sometime.

As to Andrew Ten, you might want to read up on his father, Harold Ten who was charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of taking part in a scheme that "allowed a ring of brokers, investment advisers and their clients to profit from the deaths of terminally ill patients"

http://www.timesofisrael.com/for-tale-of-jewish-child-saved-by-trump-a-tragic-end/

In 2000, Maury Povich featured a little girl named Megan who struggled with Brittle Bone Disease on his show and Trump happened to be watching. Trump said the little girl’s story and positive attitude touched his heart. So he contacted Maury and gifted the little girl and her family with a very generous check…

I am so glad that our GOP candidate takes the time to watch the Maury Povich show. Where does he find the time between reading People and watching Oprah?
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 12:51:05 pm »
Sorry, but this is an insult to my intelligence.  Please don't even try with this.

Republicans are now willing to excuse and justify the absolute worst behavior in order to support Trump.  It's a tragedy to watch.

The GOP has forever lost the right to talk about morals and values.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 12:53:01 pm »
If you're explainin' you're losin'. 

Of course Trump mocked the reporter.  He NEVER DENIED IT except to say he didn't know the guy.  Turns out he did.

Why bring this up now? After this week the Trump campaign must be in a bit of a panic.

That Democrat Convention was the best Republican Convention I've ever seen.
'
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 12:53:57 pm »

Let's look a bit closer, again, this supposedly isn't Trump mocking someone. The justification is this is how he acts.

Every time I see this I get angry.  What a disgusting, vile garbage dump of a human being.  And the braying morons in his audience ate it up.

I'm supposed to ally myself with that?  Not a chance in hell.

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 12:55:24 pm »
If you're explainin' you're losin'. 

Of course Trump mocked the reporter.  He NEVER DENIED IT except to say he didn't know the guy.  Turns out he did.

Why bring this up now? After this week the Trump campaign must be in a bit of a panic.

That Democrat Convention was the best Republican Convention I've ever seen.
'

Republicans gave up their values when they nominated Trump, so the Democrats took the opportunity to co-opt them.  Good job, Trump fans.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 12:57:07 pm »
This is not helping Trump. Please someone tell me that Trump himself is not currently  responding to this.  It is indefensible, so he and his supporters need to shut up if apology is not in his lexicon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXgjnBpxGI

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 12:59:05 pm »
Gee - who am I going to believe? You, or my lyin' eyes?

Trump, the puerile, petulant man-child mocked the reporter. Case closed.

Say what you will about GWB, but I really, really long for and miss the class he exuded from the Oval Office.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 12:59:09 pm »

Republicans gave up their values when they nominated Trump, so the Democrats took the opportunity to co-opt them.  Good job, Trump fans.

Remember, they actually booed the statement 'vote your conscience, vote your values, vote for the Constitution, God bless America' (paraphrased) as though that suggestion was somehow revealed a personal guilt in their soul.

I was considering just riding out the general election and watching the Hillary and Trump side beat each other up with little comment, but two things changed my mind.

That booing incident.
Being told constantly I am not allowed to criticize someone. - especially when I am told 'I will take you out' if I continue criticism.

The latter is almost more dangerous in my mind and usually is my trigger to double down.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:01:21 pm by AbaraXas »