Author Topic: Investments  (Read 3085 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Investments
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »
@austingirl

I was just coming online to congratulate you if you were still holding it. The stock is up about 80% from when you first mentioned it. Good pick!

I never bought, although it has stayed on my watch list. As far as semis are concerned, I only played in SWKS for a bit. I've kept NVDA, AMD, QCOM on my watch list (although I can't officially call QCOM a "semi" - close enough).

Nonetheless, you got the winner of the bunch by a wide margin. Excellent work.

Thanks and I sold it all near the high. There is a big gap from $20.58 to $22.70s. Another gap recently at $19.08. Watching closely for re-entry. Upgrades and new PT from $21 to $28. Very cyclical but recovery of semis bodes well for economy. I never bought AMD either but watching.

I bought some VRX as a flier. Could sell some assets and improve viability. Bausch and Lomb  worth a lot. Salix may be sold. Sum of the parts greater than the whole?  I never thought I would touch this stock but the price was too tempting.

Merry Christmas and good luck with your investments.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »
Sigh. My whole portfolio right now is being propped up by HIIQ, which has seen a ~83% gain since I got back in. Most of my other positions are down except EDIT and CCJ, which are both up 11%.

Let's hope the New Year puts a booster on my other stocks. I'm up, but nowhere near where I should be given the meteoric performance of HIIQ.
#NeverTrump... and "no" that doesn't mean I'll be voting for Hillary like Trump has in the past.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »
Tax loss selling and sideways market this week. I well remember the big drop last January- will it be different in 2017?  Opinions?

Offline austingirl

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2017, 01:01:10 PM »
Very displeased with the Trump pronouncement about Pharma prices. I believe drug prices are a small percentage of health care costs. Developing new drugs costs a fortune. Portfolio took a hit. **nononono*

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2017, 06:32:16 PM »
Yeah - I was down in line with the market today. Basically because my silver hedge kept me from being down further.
#NeverTrump... and "no" that doesn't mean I'll be voting for Hillary like Trump has in the past.

Online Frank Cannon

• Frank Cannon: "I need a drink."
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »
Yeah - I was down in line with the market today. Basically because my silver hedge kept me from being down further.

I would sell everything and go 100% into Theranos! They look bad now, but it will be like getting in on the ground floor of a rocketship to Mars soon!

BTFATH!
People like Hillary Clinton are the reason we have middle fingers.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2017, 08:48:10 PM »
I would sell everything and go 100% into Theranos! They look bad now, but it will be like getting in on the ground floor of a rocketship to Mars soon!

BTFATH!

@Frank Cannon

I'm not buying anything new right now, just holding, so your snark is ill-applied. Moreover, my non-play money - my 401k - is now 80% cash because of a possible correction.

In the meantime, I'll happily take the 10k I made the past two weeks to offset potential future losses.

Online Frank Cannon

• Frank Cannon: "I need a drink."
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2017, 10:36:35 PM »
@Frank Cannon

I'm not buying anything new right now, just holding, so your snark is ill-applied. Moreover, my non-play money - my 401k - is now 80% cash because of a possible correction.

In the meantime, I'll happily take the 10k I made the past two weeks to offset potential future losses.

Don't be a loser. You are missing out in one of the biggest come backs in corporate history.

BTFATH!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:37:46 PM by Frank Cannon »
People like Hillary Clinton are the reason we have middle fingers.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2017, 08:45:21 PM »
@Frank Cannon

My 401K is 87.6% cash. Market has been going nowhere the past two weeks- each day a different sector takes a hit. Wait and see attitude here.

Rumors about GILD and PFE meeting in Davos and what it could mean. Still holding onto GILD  :shrug:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2017, 10:35:26 AM »
I don't do anything with my 401k, i allocate it to a few funds and leave it alone. I never touch it.

It has doubled since 2006 (my MIT one).
If my opinion offends you please be warned: I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S PATOOTY! SUCK IT UP, SWEETY!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf