Author Topic: American Conservative Mag: Both Parties Have Forgotten Pro-Life Movement  (Read 2558 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=740809

Newsmax
American Conservative Mag: Both Parties Have Forgotten Pro-Life Movement
Wednesday, July 27, 2016 12:37 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Republicans and Democrats have shown a "saddening" silence on the rights of the unborn during the 2016 presidential race, The American Conservative says.

"Watching the Republican and Democratic national conventions over the past couple weeks has only emphasized our country's absence of a strong, vibrant pro-life platform," Gracy Olmstead, the right-leaning magazine's associate editor writes in a column published Wednesday.

"This, despite the fact that a significant group of Americans label themselves as pro-life, and would say that, if they were to be a one-issue voter, their 'one issue' would be abortion."

Olmstead says there are effectively no pro-life candidates, not even the Green and Libertarian party picks.

"The absence of any vibrant, winsome pro-life politician on our national stages over the past couple weeks reveals a stark disconnect between the interests of national politicians and the passions and principles of their base," she writes.

"Their emphasis on our 'children' — whether the children of Donald Trump or Michelle Obama, the children watching Trump, or children struggling with disabilities — has seemed ironic and saddening, as those of us who care about the pro-life issue look toward November with frustration.

The American Conservative, published bi-monthly by the American Ideas Institute, was co-founded by political commentator Pat Buchanan, a senior advisor to Presidents Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

GOP platform is pro-life

GOP candidates Trump, and Pence, have stated their pro-life positions

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Trump himself was "very" pro-abortion not so long ago. In 1999, Tim Russert asked Trump if he would support a ban on "abortion in the third-trimester" or "partial-birth abortion."

"No," Trump replied. "I am pro-choice in every respect."

Offline truth_seeker

Trump himself was "very" pro-abortion not so long ago. In 1999, Tim Russert asked Trump if he would support a ban on "abortion in the third-trimester" or "partial-birth abortion."

"No," Trump replied. "I am pro-choice in every respect."

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/crutch999/Tommy%20Lee%20Neuralizer1_zpsv8lfcbc4.png[/img]

Seventeen years (17) is longer, than the time between Reagan signing an abortion bill as governor, and being celebrated as pro-life for President.

If you are capable of being intellectually honest.

Offline musiclady

GOP platform is pro-life

GOP candidates Trump, and Pence, have stated their pro-life positions

Trump was lying.

He is "completely pro-choice."

That means pro-abortion.  He even defended partial birth abortion, which is the most violent and evil act being perpetrated on any human being anywhere.

The idea that he is pro-life is a joke.

Now the "head" of the "Republican party," is a Progressive pro-abort.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Seventeen years (17) is longer, than the time between Reagan signing an abortion bill as governor, and being celebrated as pro-life for President.

If YOU are capable of being intellectually honest, at what point did Donald Trump, in those 17 years, become pro-life?

What is the earliest documented date you can come up with where he said he didn't want babies ripped from their mother's womb and dismembered?

If you believe he is pro-life, and the truth matters to you, please tell us what made him change his mind, when it happened, and when he first became pro-life.

Please.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Yes Trump was lying.  We got the platform and he gets everything else.  It was obvious from his speech and his most featured guests that he has no intention of sticking to the platform.

He doesn't have a pro-life bone in his liberal body.  He's proved that in every interview he's done since his magical change from fully pro-abortion to being "pro-life."

He's totally clueless about what abortion is, what PP does, and what the pro-life movement is all about.

Plus, he's a pathological liar, so IMO, anyone who believes he is pro-life is extremely gullible, or is deliberately denying the truth.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Trump on Face the Nation this year.....

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:23:27 pm by guitar4jesus »

Offline truth_seeker

Trump was lying, but Reagan wasn't lying, because soooper  conservatives are also master-mind readers ??

Your anti-Trump obsessions are failing to change any minds, in case you are so busy talking back and forth with each other, you are failing to observe reality.

Alexa US internet site rankings most recent month versus one month before:

FR up from 2,630 to 2,600

GOP BR down from 127,795 to 169,088

And what of Trump endorsements by Dobson, Schlafly, Huckabee, and others all of whom matter in the big scheme, ??

Offline musiclady

Trump was lying, but Reagan wasn't lying, because soooper  conservatives are also master-mind readers ??

Your anti-Trump obsessions are failing to change any minds, in case you are so busy talking back and forth with each other, you are failing to observe reality.

And what of Trump endorsements by Dobson, Schlafly, Huckabee, and others all of whom matter in the big scheme, ??

When did Trump become pro-life and what changed his mind from being a hardcore pro partial birth abortion leftist?

Give us a statement in this century before he began running as a pseudo-Republican where he said anything that was pro-life?

If you're going to argue that he is what he's not, then to convince those of us who know better, and to change our minds, you have to provide some proof.

What is it?

And don't bring up Reagan.  Just tell us about Trump.

Offline musiclady

Oh........... and endorsements aren't a factor.  There are clearly those who have submerged their values to endorse someone who doesn't agree with a word that they claimed to have believed.

You just named three.  There are more, but their endorsements don't mean diddly squat.  They're sell outs.

Offline kidd

When did Trump become pro-life ...

Trump believes that it is ok to murder a baby in the uterus if his/her father was a rapist or if his/her mother and father are blood relatives.

Trump is presently not pro-life, as he does not recognize that the child in the womb is a person.
If one does not believe that the child in the womb is a person, all of his other purported abortion restrictions are arbitrary and are subject to change.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"I am pro-life and believe that abortion should be limited to only instances of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother. I support the reversal of Roe v. Wade, because it is bad law and bad medicine. Roe was a misguided ruling that was a result of a small group of activist federal judges legislating from the bench. I support the Hyde Amendment, which broadly bars the use of federal funds for abortions. And as president, I will support efforts to prohibit federal funding for any organization like Planned Parenthood, which primarily performs abortions or offers abortion-related services.

"I will reinstate the Mexico City Policy to ensure that nongovernmental organizations that receive funding from America refrain from performing or promoting abortion services as a method of family planning, in other countries. This includes ending American funding for any United Nations or other foreign assistance program that promotes or performs abortions on women around the world.

"I will advocate for and support a Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to protect unborn children who are capable of feeling pain from abortion. And perhaps most importantly, I will only appoint judges who adhere to the Constitution and the laws as they are written, not as they want them to be written."
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline chae

Reagan went on record as saying that the bill he signed was his biggest regret.  Trump believes in the sanctity of life only if the child is one he considers a "winner".