Author Topic: Why I’m Resigning My Position As A Republican Committeeman  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Why I’m Resigning My Position As A Republican Committeeman

Last week, I resigned my position in the York Township Republican Committeemen’s Organization. Below is the letter I sent to the chairman explaining my decision.

Chairman Cuzzone:

We come together in political parties to magnify our influence. An organized representative institution can give weight to our will in ways we could not accomplish on our own. Working with others gives us power, but at the cost of constant, calculated compromise. No two people will agree on everything. There is no moral purity in politics.

If compromise is the key to healthy politics, how does one respond when compromise descends into complicity? To preserve a sense of our personal moral accountability we must each define boundaries. For those boundaries to have meaning we must have the courage to protect them, even when the cost is high.

Almost 30 years ago as a teenager in Texas, I attended my first county Republican convention. As a college student I met a young Rick Perry, fresh from his conversion to the GOP, as he was launching his first campaign for statewide office. Through Associated Republicans of Texas, I contributed and volunteered for business-friendly Republican state and local candidates

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-ladd/why-im-resigning-my-position-republican-committeeman_b_11184436.html?ref=yfp

**nononono*  Sad

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline beandog

Re: Why I’m Resigning My Position As A Republican Committeeman
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 01:57:21 am »
I detest the Donald but reading this guy's letter he sounds more like liberal than a conservative to me.  Using the phrase "Climate Denial" makes him fit right in with the Rats.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:23:10 am »
I detest the Donald but reading this guy's letter he sounds more like liberal than a conservative to me.  Using the phrase "Climate Denial" makes him fit right in with the Rats.

You've got a point.  Of course he is a Republican from Illinois They're gonna be a little squishy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-ladd/why-im-resigning-my-position-republican-committeeman_b_11184436.html
The Iraq War, the financial meltdown, the utter failure of supply-side theory, climate denial, and our strange pursuit of theocratic legislation have all been troubling.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 02:24:03 am »
I have to agree with you, seems half his reasons are right out of the liberals book.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 02:36:07 am »
Watch for the liberal Republicans who helped Trump get the nomination abandon him now because they see that he is a sinking ship.  They want to hang it on the conservatives and hope true constitutional conservatism sinks with the Trumptanic.  There are some conservatives to blame, but the vast majority of conservatives did not support Trump during the primary. 

Trump is like a live grenade that Republicans will start throwing at different factions, hoping to kill the other guy's faction, not theirs.  Once that's over, beware of the battle for control.  Rough days ahead.

Trump is a political suicide bomber inside the wire

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 02:40:34 am »

Your right that did stick out to me also.  I am sure there are some Republicans that see that issue differently.  Kasich is one.  I am all for alternative energy myself.  But not because of global warming.  I believe it gives people freedom and it provides energy to people who otherwise don't have it.  Makes off the grid possible for those who either can't get power or want the freedom to provide their own. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 02:44:54 am »
Oh and myself I believe the earth warms and cools naturally.  KYOTO really was such a sham to steal jobs away to other countries who they were willing to exclude from their environment taxes. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 03:54:59 am »
Watch for the liberal Republicans who helped Trump get the nomination abandon him now because they see that he is a sinking ship.  They want to hang it on the conservatives and hope true constitutional conservatism sinks with the Trumptanic.  There are some conservatives to blame, but the vast majority of conservatives did not support Trump during the primary. 

Trump is like a live grenade that Republicans will start throwing at different factions, hoping to kill the other guy's faction, not theirs.  Once that's over, beware of the battle for control.  Rough days ahead.

Sinking ship? He just pulled ahead of Hillary in the RCP average. The ship is not just afloat, it's pounding the left wing beaches with steady 16" guns.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 04:00:24 am »
Sinking ship? He just pulled ahead of Hillary in the RCP average. The ship is not just afloat, it's pounding the left wing beaches with steady 16" guns.

Right. Wait till word about his new mandated minimum wage gets out. He will sink like a lead turd.

Offline WAC

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 04:41:00 am »
Yep. I caught that as well.... here's the guy.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 04:45:30 am »
Right. Wait till word about his new mandated minimum wage gets out. He will sink like a lead turd.

Wasn't long ago you folks were predicting he couldn't hit 30% in a primary....now he just smacked 51% of the total voting populace in a recent poll. Pardon me for doubting your current predictions given your past record of ineptitude.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 04:55:07 am »
Doubt all you want.  Trump may or may not win, but the sinking I was talking about is the sinking of the Republican Party as we all used to know and love it.   You know, that party of Reagan?   This election year it is "heads I win, tails you lose" for the democrat ideology, both social and fiscal.

If all you said were true, the Dems wouldn't be spending a gazillion dollars AND freaking out that the country is about to be taken over by a mad right winger. You can tell the nature of a mans character by assessing hi enemies better than by examining his friends. An enemy HAS to know what you are, a friend can get by with hoping.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 10:08:40 am »
Watch for the liberal Republicans who helped Trump get the nomination abandon him now because they see that he is a sinking ship. They want to hang it on the conservatives and hope true constitutional conservatism sinks with the Trumptanic.  There are some conservatives to blame, but the vast majority of conservatives did not support Trump during the primary. 

If that happens then it will confirm that he was just a means to an end for the GOPe...he ensured there would be no rise to the top of a Conservative for President this election cycle and McConnell and company could continue on business as usual in Congress.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 10:09:51 am »
An enemy HAS to know what you are, a friend can get by with hoping.

A true friend has the courage to tell you when you're wrong and you need to change course.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 10:16:16 am »
Yep. I caught that as well.... here's the guy.

Wow... talk about a punchable face.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:24 am »
IMHO he's already sunk like a lead turd. His supporters just don't realize it yet.  Wait till the DEM convention is over.  It will become even more obvious that his chances of winning are slim to none. IF they decide to debate (and my hunch is they won't), it will become painfully apparent that Trump has no clue, no substance to what he says and is a fraud.  The 'fix' for Hillary was long ago.

As for this committeeman resigning, it is indeed very sad.  Years and years of hard work and time down the drain.  My hunch is he isn't the first one to resign nor the last...the GOP continues to slowly unravel.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »
Posted on Huffpo, no less.

"the utter failure of supply-side theory"

Bullocks. Supply-side has worked great and will continue to work great.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 01:18:10 pm »
As for this committeeman resigning, it is indeed very sad.  Years and years of hard work and time down the drain.  My hunch is he isn't the first one to resign nor the last...the GOP continues to slowly unravel.

I have zero respect/sympathy for people who cut and run when things get tough.

Lots of people don't like Trump, for a lot of good reasons.  He happened to win the nomination this time through an unlucky combination of GOP-screw-ups - like ignoring voters on issues like immigration for too long - and a more general electorate anger at the political establishment.  So, we lost one.  And if you don't like the, it's perfectly legitimate not to vote for him.

But to cut and run leaves the party to the Trumpists who only managed to obtain a plurality because of those unusual events.  It won't happen again because Trump has no "movement" behind him, and no staying power other than his own personality.  And, the dude is 70.  So weather this election, then fight back after November.  Tossing everything overboard because of one anomalous primary is juvenile.

I say that with respect to whiny conservatives.  This particular guy sounds like a whiny liberal, so good riddance.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:18:49 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 02:12:16 pm »
Concern Troll planted by HuiffPo.

I seriously doubt this person was a Republican of any stature.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.