Author Topic: George Will: Trump Won't Release Tax Returns Because They Show Russian Ties  (Read 2155 times)

Offline RedHead

I guess it doesn't take a significant skill level in accounting to be a government bean counter.

A tax return does NOT reveal Net Worth.

No but it reveals income and sources.  And based on that one can determine net worth for someone like Trump.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
All will be revealed when Clinton needs it.

Offline Night Hides Not

I guess it doesn't take a significant skill level in accounting to be a government bean counter.

A tax return does NOT reveal Net Worth.

As one who prepared tax returns for business entities, to include publicly traded corporations, I'll wager that I could determine Trump's net worth with no less than 80% accuracy. All of his business entities that are partnerships or LLC's are required to give him a K-1 that shows his income and equity, among other things.

I was also called on by my superiors at the FDIC to perform forensic analysis of those seeking to modify/restructure loans when their bank failed. Through my work, tens of millions of dollars were returned to the Deposit Insurance Fund that would otherwise have been lost.

As one who has been a "government bean counter", I take exception to your snark.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wait, I heard  today, that Trump very specifically denied having any Russian business dealings.

Where there is smoke there is fire.   And if what Will is saying is correct, things just got a hell of lot smokier.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:39:33 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Great to see this site, keeping up the pressure, using democrat sources for the #nevertrump campaign.

George Will is a democrat?  Keep up the good work. /s :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

Wait, I heard  today, that Trump very specifically denied having any Russian business dealings.

Where there is smoke there is fire.   And if what Will is saying is correct, things just got a hell of lot smokier.

The media ceasefire is about to end for Trump.

Offline kevindavis007

I heard on the radio, that during one of the GOP Primary debates, that Trump admitted doing business with Russia..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Really, other than in 2013 he started negotiating for a building project in Moscow?
https://www.rt.com/business/trump-plan-skyscraper-russia-479/

Or Putin being Trump's personal guest to Miss Universe?
http://deadline.com/2013/10/nbc-news-lands-great-angle-as-msnbc-anchor-thomas-robert-signs-to-co-host-miss-u-pageant-in-russia-615072/

Or many, many more financial ties with Russia?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-trumps-financial-ties-to-russia-and-his-unusual-flattery-of-vladimir-putin/2016/06/17/dbdcaac8-31a6-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

"“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., told a real estate conference in 2008, according to an account posted on the website of eTurboNews, a trade publication. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-trumps-financial-ties-to-russia-and-his-unusual-flattery-of-vladimir-putin/2016/06/17/dbdcaac8-31a6-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

I heard on the radio, that during one of the GOP Primary debates, that Trump admitted doing business with Russia..

Hmmmmmm.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-denies-he-has-any-ties-to-russia/

"I don't know anything about it. I can tell you, I think if I came up with that, they'd say, 'Oh, it's a conspiracy theory,' it's ridiculous. I mean I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:56:58 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

"“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., told a real estate conference in 2008, according to an account posted on the website of eTurboNews, a trade publication. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”"

Oh great. Now we get to discuss the meaning of "business dealings".
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Hmmmmmm.....

"I don't know anything about it. I can tell you, I think if I came up with that, they'd say, 'Oh, it's a conspiracy theory,' it's ridiculous. I mean I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia."

It's rumored Sarah Palin can see his tax returns from her house.....  :whistle:

Offline Cripplecreek

Hmmmmmm.....

Things are about to get real nasty for both Trump and Clinton camps and I'm real glad I'm just a spectator.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Things are about to get real nasty for both Trump and Clinton camps and I'm real glad I'm just a spectator.

Yep, as time progresses, it appears that Trump is as much a serial liar as Clinton.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

It's rumored Sarah Palin can see his tax returns from her house.....  :whistle:

BAM!!!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Even better knowing are spectators and that we were right.  I hope Trump's supporters apologize better than candidate.

Offline Night Hides Not

Word of the Day: Schadenfreude

BTW, I just checked TOS and...

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:28:35 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
George Will is a democrat?  Keep up the good work. /s :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Agreed, that's a strange argument to defend the Candidate who had registereted democrats speaking at the RNC.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It should be pointed out that the headline misrepresents the content.  Will did not say that the returns would show Russian ties - he said they might show Russian ties.  That a rather critical distinction that the headline writer apparently ignored.  Here's the actual quote from the story:

Will replied that "it's the sort of thing we might learn if we saw the candidate's tax returns," which Trump has resisted making public. "Perhaps one more reason why we're not seeing his tax returns — because he is deeply involved in dealing with Russian oligarchs and others. Whether that's good, bad or indifferent, it's probably the reasonable surmise."

Will isn't stating a fact -- he's offering a pure opinion that has somehow become the basis for "Trump is lying".  He's muckracking/poop-stirring, etc., without any actual evidence.

There are plenty of well-vetted criticisms of Trump, including plenty of stupid things that have come out of his own mouth, that people shouldn't have to make-up/misrepresent facts to attack the guy.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:45:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

There are plenty of well-vetted criticisms of Trump, including plenty of stupid things that have come out of his own mouth, that people shouldn't have to make-up/misrepresent facts to attack the guy.
George Will is just counter punching. That's what Trump gets for attacking him. Sauce for the goose and all that jazz.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:57:16 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

And now the Tangerine nutcase is encouraging Russia to do more hacking.

Asking a foreign nation to commit acts of espionage against a political opponent.

Think about that.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:08:15 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
And now the Tangerine nutcase is encouraging Russia to do more hacking.

Asing a foreign nation to commit acts of espionage against a political opponent.

Think about that.

The bizzaro campaign marches on....

Offline Cripplecreek

The bizzaro campaign marches on....

Shades of Teddy Kennedy giving classified info to Russia to help him defeat Carter.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
George Will is just counter punching. That's what Trump gets for attacking him. Sauce for the goose and all that jazz.

I get that.  My point is that the headline writer is twisting what he actually said, and some other folks seem to be considering that this is "evidence" about which Trump has "lied".

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

I get that.  My point is that the headline writer is twisting what he actually said, and some other folks seem to be considering that this is "evidence" about which Trump has "lied".
Yeah, the editor engaged in some truthful hyperbole there.