Author Topic: While we were all watching the GOP convention, Humana dropped out of most Obamacare markets  (Read 739 times)

rangerrebew

While we were all watching the GOP convention, Humana dropped out of most Obamacare markets
posted at 5:01 pm on July 25, 2016 by John Sexton

There was so much big news last Thursday, the day Trump accepted the nomination, that this significant Obamacare story got buried. Humana health care has announced it is pulling out of most Obamacare exchanges. From Politico:

The decision means the company will only offer individual plans in 156 counties in 11 states, down from 1,351 counties across 19 states this year. It had sold plans on Affordable Care Act exchanges in 15 states this year.

That’s quite a pull back, from 1,351 counties to just 156. What’s particularly noteworthy about the decsion is the timing. From the Hill:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/25/while-we-were-all-watching-the-gop-convention-humana-dropped-out-of-most-obamacare-markets/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:10:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline SirLinksALot

2/3 of the state exchanges have already gone bust. More will follow.

I predict that Blue Cross  Blue Shield will follow Humana

rangerrebew

Do you think the government will pass a special tax dedicated to paying for the indolent and welfare loafers?  I do.  Although I doubt the tax money will be used as it is supposed to.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

And yet Rubio never gets any thanks. Despite it being solely down to him.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Obama care is doing exactly what it was designed to do!  Lay the groundwork for "We have no alternative but to move to single payer."
"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien