Author Topic: Cruzing on empty: Lyin’ Ted affirms Trump’s belief that he can’t keep his word  (Read 858 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruzing on empty: Lyin’ Ted affirms Trump’s belief that he can’t keep his word

As he spoke to Republican delegates this week in Cleveland, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz lived up to the moniker given him by his chief political rival.

Donald Trump began referring to the Texas senator as Lyin’ Ted during their primary matchups, underscoring his belief that Mr. Cruz has a problem telling the truth. When he delivered a speech Wednesday at the Republican National Convention, Mr. Cruz proved the GOP presidential nominee’s point.

Like other GOP presidential candidates, Mr. Cruz signed a loyalty oath during the primary. In doing so, he promised to support the eventual Republican nominee. Party officials had candidates sign these pledges to prevent them from mounting third-party campaigns if they didn’t receive the Republican nod.

Well, Mr. Cruz didn’t keep his word. He told delegates to “vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who will defend our freedom, who will be faithful to the Constitution.”

He was booed off the stage.

See More At: http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/opinion/cruzing-on-empty-lyin-ted-affirms-trumps-belief-that-he-cant-keep-his-word-20160723

geronl

When has Trump ever, ever told the truth?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Don't you guys have a Democrat you are now supposedly running against?

Or is destroying and burning to ashes all Conservatives who will not bend the knee to your prince your true motivation?

I'm going with the latter based on the fruits. 

It's not Hillary you Trump militants oppose - it's principled Constitutional Conservatives who will not bow to a liberal from NYC.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Don't you guys have a Democrat you are now supposedly running against?

Against? Ivanka touted big chunks of the Dem agenda.

Nixon famously said the win is move to the center (leftward) for the general. At this rate The Trump Train will be to the left of Mao in about  two weeks.

Silver Pines

He wasn't booed off the stage.  He finished his speech and walked off.

The people who write these articles must be completely without integrity.  I guess they think a political "pledge" takes precedence over vows to honor and respect one's wife and one's father.

Twisted priorities...

geronl

Nixon famously said the win is move to the center (leftward) for the general. At this rate The Trump Train will be to the left of Mao in about  two weeks.

He already sees Erdogans purge as something he'd like to emulate

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
And this takes votes away from Hillary how?  This delivers undecided votes to Trump how?  This makes Trump's case for securing the border, and points out Hillary's failures with confidential information how?  This clarifies Trump's trade policies, or proposed interactions with NATO allies how?

You do realize that Cruz is not in the race any more?
James 1:20

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Hit pieice from Watertown Daily Times, New York, eh?

Seriously?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The people who write these articles must be completely without integrity.  I guess they think a political "pledge" takes precedence over vows to honor and respect one's wife and one's father.

Twisted priorities...

There was plenty of booing.  Cruz even noted the NY Delegation by name because they were the first and the loudest right in front of him to do so moments after he said "Vote your conscience up and down the ticket vote for those that will defend the Constitution".  That is when the largest uproar occurred. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

debrawiest

When has Trump ever, ever told the truth?

"I, Donald, take thee, Ivana, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part..."

Oh wait. Never mind.

Offline skeeter

Twisted priorities...

Its worse than that. The pledge was voided by Trump himself on 3/29.

But the truth has no affect on these people.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Twisted priorities...
Twitter and Facebook make such reputable sources. Unless the article is about something posted there first.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

ANDERSON COOPER: Before we go back to the audience, I want to ask you a question I asked to Senator Cruz as well. More than six months ago you pledged to support the Republican nominee, whoever that may be.

A lot has changed since then. It sounded, when I was pressing Senator Cruz on it, sounded like he was saying he'd have a hard time supporting somebody who went after his wife.

TRUMP: Honestly, he doesn't have to support me. I'm not asking for his support. I want the people's support.

(APPLAUSE)

COOPER: Do you continue to pledge whoever the Republican nominee is?

TRUMP: No. I don't anymore.

COOPER: You don't?

TRUMP: No, we'll see who it is.

(Emphasis added.)

That, sirs and ladies, from a town hall event in Milwaukee . . . in late March.

Cruz's actual remark to Cooper, and I quote, "I'm not in the habit of supporting someone who attacks
my wife and attacks my family."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:07:37 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

geronl

Everyone on this forum knows that Trump abrogated the "pledge" in March, so I am not sure what the point of harping on a non-issue is.

Offline EasyAce

Everyone on this forum knows that Trump abrogated the "pledge" in March, so I am not sure what the point of harping on a non-issue is.

I'll take a wild guess that it was principled when Donaldus Minimus did so but heretical if and when anyone
else did so.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'll take a wild guess that it was principled when Donaldus Minimus did so but heretical if and when anyone
else did so.
I think you have this whole Liberal thingy figured out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis