Author Topic: Vancouver bans future oil refineries, facilities in the city  (Read 819 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Vancouver bans future oil refineries, facilities in the city
http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/pennenergy/2016/07/vancouver-bans-future-oil-refineries-facilities-in-the-city.html?cmpid=EnlDailyPetroJuly212016&eid=290980193&bid=1473577

VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) — The Vancouver City Council has voted to prohibit new or expanded crude oil storage facilities in the city.

The Columbian newspaper says (http://goo.gl/8AjhWE ) the unanimous vote Monday night won't affect a massive crude-by-rail facility proposed at the Port of Vancouver. A state energy panel is currently reviewing the project by Tesoro Corp. and Savage Cos.

The city's ban would prohibit the expansion of existing and new crude oil refineries and facilities that average less than 50,000 barrels a day.

Supporters of the ban say the facilities threaten public safety and the environment.

(excerpt; more at the link.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Vancouver bans future oil refineries, facilities in the city
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:56:01 pm »
The irony is that the city was built due to its location and port.

In other words, the best way to handle crude is being throttled.

Wonder when they will ban trains from using valleys and force them over the mountains.

Same thing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington