Author Topic: Julian Castro  (Read 1698 times)

Offline youknowwho

Julian Castro
« on: July 18, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »
Can we share any op ed info on Julian Castro?  If Hillary pics him as vp,  Trump is screwed I think .

Anyways,  didn't see a thread started yet.....

Online mountaineer

Re: Julian Castro
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:38:42 AM »
Good idea. He could be dangerous (at least as dangerous as the Hilldebeaste, anyway).
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

Offline youknowwho

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 08:07:38 AM »
Does anyone think it's possible that with him and the anti Trump sentiment in Texas,  texas could go blue?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 09:25:25 AM »
Castro violated Hatch Act by touting Clinton
By Eric Bradner, CNN
Updated 5:06 PM ET, Mon July 18, 2016

(CNN)Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro violated a federal law against mixing official business with politics when he touted Hillary Clinton in an April interview with Yahoo's Katie Couric, the Office of Special Counsel said Monday.

Castro is a top surrogate for Clinton's presidential campaign and -- while not expected to be the choice -- is often mentioned on lists of vice presidential prospects.

He violated the Hatch Act, which prohibits federal workers acting in their official capacity from attempting to influence elections. In the Couric interview, he appeared with the official HUD seal, was introduced as the secretary and spent the first seven minutes focused on HUD programs before Couric turned to Clinton.

The Office of Special Counsel wrote: "Although he stated during the interview that he was 'taking off my HUD hat for a second and just speaking individually,' to indicate he was answering questions in his personal capacity, that disclaimer could not negate the fact that he was appearing in his official capacity for the rest of the interview, as the official HUD seal remained behind him and his political comments were bracketed by statements concerning official HUD policies and programs."

Castro acknowledged that he'd violated the act in his response.

"In responding to a journalist's question about the 2016 election, I offered my opinion to the interviewer after making it clear that I was articulating my personal view and not an official position," Castro wrote. "At the time, I believed that this disclaimer was what was required by the Hatch Act. However, your analysis provides that it was not sufficient."

"Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention," he wrote. "When an error is made -- even an inadvertent one -- the error should be acknowledged. Although it was not my intent, I made one here."

Obama's administration is barring cabinet secretaries from speaking at the upcoming Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.  ...

Rest of story and video at CNN
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

Offline youknowwho

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 03:38:23 PM »
Castro violated Hatch Act by touting Clinton
By Eric Bradner, CNN
Updated 5:06 PM ET, Mon July 18, 2016

(CNN)Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro violated a federal law against mixing official business with politics when he touted Hillary Clinton in an April interview with Yahoo's Katie Couric, the Office of Special Counsel said Monday.

Castro is a top surrogate for Clinton's presidential campaign and -- while not expected to be the choice -- is often mentioned on lists of vice presidential prospects.

He violated the Hatch Act, which prohibits federal workers acting in their official capacity from attempting to influence elections. In the Couric interview, he appeared with the official HUD seal, was introduced as the secretary and spent the first seven minutes focused on HUD programs before Couric turned to Clinton.

The Office of Special Counsel wrote: "Although he stated during the interview that he was 'taking off my HUD hat for a second and just speaking individually,' to indicate he was answering questions in his personal capacity, that disclaimer could not negate the fact that he was appearing in his official capacity for the rest of the interview, as the official HUD seal remained behind him and his political comments were bracketed by statements concerning official HUD policies and programs."

Castro acknowledged that he'd violated the act in his response.

"In responding to a journalist's question about the 2016 election, I offered my opinion to the interviewer after making it clear that I was articulating my personal view and not an official position," Castro wrote. "At the time, I believed that this disclaimer was what was required by the Hatch Act. However, your analysis provides that it was not sufficient."

"Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention," he wrote. "When an error is made -- even an inadvertent one -- the error should be acknowledged. Although it was not my intent, I made one here."

Obama's administration is barring cabinet secretaries from speaking at the upcoming Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.  ...

Rest of story and video at CNN

So you're saying he's on the short list?
 :silly:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 04:06:52 PM »

So you're saying he's on the short list?
Are you kidding? He's the perfect Democrat now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf