Author Topic: Is Trump falling into a trap on Tax Returns?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Wistful

Is Trump falling into a trap on Tax Returns?
« on: July 17, 2016, 10:47:16 pm »
I've been mildly surprised to observe what little pressure the media has has put on Trump to make him release his tax returns.

There's obviously something in them that Trump doesn't want revealed, so that means it must be something that would damage his campaign. Not much point in speculating exactly what it could be, but it has to be some truth that so far remains unrevealed. Something that when it becomes known will perhaps prove Trump a liar or damage the image he has projected of being a big winner in business. (an image I don't buy into yet anyway)

The real issue to me is why he hasn't been forced into revealing his tax returns. Like everyone else has. Why is the media letting him off the hook on this? They want to damage him. Why aren't they really going after this information?

Then I think I figured it out. If they want to create the maximum damage for Trump and the Republicans, they will wait until he's the confirmed nominee. Of course they're going to pick their timing for this, and it would be silly to do it now, when the damage after Trump's nomination can be so much more devastating to the Republican campaign. Or could deflect from any problem Hillary might be suffering.

The media are keeping this issue up their sleeve. Keeping it in reserve so they can go after Trump when the time is right.

There's a way for the Republicans to defuse this strategy. They get Trump to release his tax returns before the nomination. Then, whatever the problem is, its all out of the way. Whatever repercussions occur, they do so before the nomination.

If the Republicans don't do this, they risk playing into the hands of the Democrat strategists and their media allies.

Trump needs to release his tax returns now.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:48:50 pm by Wistful »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Is Trump falling into a trap on Tax Returns?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:49:40 pm »
Clinton has friends in the IRS who will leak them when the time is right.