Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Reports of a nationwide military martial law declared by Turkish Army.  (Read 7620 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

geronl

Sky News has reported that AFP was told that the top General is being kept tied up as a prisoner on a base.

Offline livius

If military does take over....White House will be real mad. I mean real mad. erdegon is obies bff.
They just declared - and apparently it's been confirmed on the ground - that they are in charge now.  I have no idea where Edrdogan is, but you're right, Bambi the Islamist won't be happy. I read that US jets are overflying the city, FWIW.

geronl

Listening to Sky News makes it sound like a small faction tried to carry out a coup.

Hard to determine if the whole army is part of it or just a small part.

Offline flowers

They just declared - and apparently it's been confirmed on the ground - that they are in charge now.  I have no idea where Edrdogan is, but you're right, Bambi the Islamist won't be happy. I read that US jets are overflying the city, FWIW.
Where did you read US jets overflying

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Meanwhile at Trump's fortress of psychosis, aides nervously await Glorious Leader's psychotic and likely wrong comments on the reported coup in Turkey. :facepalm2:

geronl

What aircraft does the US have over there, I know F-15's were pulled out in December

geronl

Where did you read US jets overflying

I don't think the Turkish military would be allowing that.

Offline sinkspur

stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens  3m3 minutes ago
There is a coup attempt in NATO country. Meanwhile, an underwear model will be addressing the Republican convention
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I think the confusion is Turkey's Air Force uses US made F-16s, as well as most other planes in their Air Force they purchase from either us or the UK.

Wingnut

geronl

stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens  3m3 minutes ago
There is a coup attempt in NATO country. Meanwhile, an underwear model will be addressing the Republican convention

the coup is apparently successful (so far)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

geronl

I think the confusion is Turkey's Air Force uses US made F-16s, as well as most other planes in their Air Force they purchase from either us or the UK.

Any US forces and personnel in Turkey would be confined to base under these circumstances

Wingnut

Erdogan is a lot like Trump.  He sues people for talking about him! 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
From March of this  year

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2016/03/29/us-military-dependents-ordered-leave-turkey/82377984/

The total U.S. military force deployed at Incirlik has grown to nearly 2,500, up from about 1,300 last year, after the Turkish government agreed to let U.S. combat aircraft use the base as a key staging area for air strikes on Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq.

Yet the base's prominent role in the fight against the Islamic State group also raised new security concerns.

In July, worries about extremists targeting U.S. troops and their families prompted military officials to lock down the base and prohibit the roughly 5,000 American troops, civilians and dependents from venturing out to the "American alley" outside the installation's main gate, where troops for years have patronized kabob shops, carpet salesmen and local markets.

Offline Cripplecreek

Fairly smart comment by John Kerry.  :shrug:

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Remember this?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
(((MichiganCruzer))) ‏@RichardJSunkle  21m21 minutes ago
Meanwhile at Trump's fortress of psychosis, aides nervously await Trump's comments on the reported coup in Turkey.

https://twitter.com/RichardJSunkle/status/754054498209923072
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Cripplecreek

(((MichiganCruzer))) ‏@RichardJSunkle  21m21 minutes ago
Meanwhile at Trump's fortress of psychosis, aides nervously await Trump's comments on the reported coup in Turkey.

https://twitter.com/RichardJSunkle/status/754054498209923072

That's me BTW :seeya:

geronl

Fairly smart comment by John Kerry.

shocking!!

Offline unknown

Oh really!

The only coup worth anything is one that will bring back the name Constantinople. Until then, it will still be a muslim cesspool!

"From its foundation in the 4th century to the early 13th century, Constantinople was the largest and wealthiest city in Europe." [According to, Norman John Greville, "An Historical Geography of Europe"]

Gee whiz, I wonder what happened in the 13th century that would have started the decline of the "largest and wealthiest city in Europe?"

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

“Ottomans [Muslims] Were The First to Reach The Moon,” says Turkish President

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ottomans-were-the-first-to-reach-the-moon-says-turkish-president/

Mr. Erdogan claimed that Muslim explorers reached the Moon more than 300 years before the beginning of the Apollo program, vowing to build a mosque “in the crater” where they landed.

“It is alleged that the first man to walk on the moon was Neil Armstrong in 1969,” Erdogan said. “In fact, Muslim space explorers reached our satellite 334 years before that, in 1635. Everyone knows the story of the famous aviator, Lagari Hasan Celebi, the “Ottoman Rocket Man”, who made the first successful manned rocket flight in 1633. What you might not know, is that he attempted to reach the moon, two years later, and could very well have succeeded!”

The Turkish President Erdogan continued after hearing snickers and whispers from the audience...

“Why do you not believe it? Because you’ve never believed that a Muslim can do such a thing, ...” “This claim is not new. A number of academics in Turkey and in the rest of the world have made this claim, and I believe they are right. NASA may have destroyed most of the physical evidence of the Ottoman’s success during the Apollo 11 mission, but we’ll try to find any evidence that might have escaped the cover up.”

:bigsilly:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)