Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Reports of a nationwide military martial law declared by Turkish Army.  (Read 7618 times)

Offline bolobaby

Seeing reports that at least some of the soldiers were beheaded so the tipping point may come sooner rather than later.

After all, millions of Turks oppose islamist rule and Edrogan is prodding a very tender spot.

The shameful part is always that the "millions of muslims who oppose" are almost always dead silent when they are needed the most.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The shameful part is always that the "millions of muslims who oppose" are almost always dead silent when they are needed the most.

10 years from now when they have a Iran type of government, I hope they remember today.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

very true

Wingnut

Seventh grade (some many years ago) they called Turkey The Sick Man of Europe.
@don-o

I found this interesting and related to your school year yuteage! 
Turkey: The sick man of Europe, once again.
http://atimes.com/2016/07/the-sick-man-of-europe-once-again/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@don-o

In a few years 7th graders will know Turkey as the open barnyard gate of Islam.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

True but reason seldom acts with the same speed as blind emotion. Look at the way Egypt played out.

Emotion stirred millions to demand that Hosni Mubarak be removed from office with the emotion being reinforced from abroad (Obama in the jumbotron in Tahrir Square) With that emotion still being propped up from abroad, they foolishly elected Morsi. After the election of Morsi that outside influence began to fade and the voices of reason within Egypt began to grow and overwhelmed the muslim brotherhood and before they knew it, Al Sisi was in power.

In a sense its similar to the warning Sam Houston issued against the civil war in the USA. He said southerners are fiery and impulsive while calling northerners calculating and determined.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
@don-o

Black Turks / White Turks. Very interesting.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@geronl

If it wasn't mentioned, it looks like the possible ploy of Erdogan staging the coup himself is in the mainstream press today and was mentioned by one forum member last night, 2 times. I am reading up on the posts now, so maybe others mentioned this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3693729/Did-Erdogan-STAGE-coup-based-Turkish-cleric-facing-extradition-botched-rebellion-claims-president-orchestrated-plot-justify-clampdown-civil-rights.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I am starting to think Erdogan did a fake coup as a pretext

Per above posting by me.

I guess it is possible, too bad leaders would actually sacrifice their own men.

Also, Russia is making up with Turkey, Israel and Turkey have relations.

Complex.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

My best guess is this another domino falling toward the inevitable world wide Holy War that will happen within the next 100 years.

My best guess is that Obama is assessing how to make the same changes in this country.

He would delight in rounding up all those conservatives he was unable to get to by the IRS and suspend their liberties.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
My best guess is that Obama is assessing how to make the same changes in this country.

He would delight in rounding up all those conservatives he was unable to get to by the IRS and suspend their liberties.

I suspect Obama is figuring out how to deport Fethullah Gülen to Turkey for speedy execution. He's muslim cleric but has a long history of supporting a secular democracy in Turkey.

In other news...

Egypt blocks U.N. call to respect 'democratically elected' government in Turkey

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-un-idUSKCN0ZW0ZN?feedType=RSS&virtualBrandChannel=11563