Author Topic: Live thread for Democratic Convention  (Read 22829 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Live thread for Democratic Convention
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2016, 10:06:40 PM »
Oh, goodie ... a DNC video on the magnificence of President (BJ) Clinton  (who, BTW, looks like death warmed over).

This may be too much for my digestive track to handle.   :seeya:
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2016, 10:30:49 PM »
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Online mountaineer

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 07:19:03 AM »
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 09:08:53 PM »

Offline WAC

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »
Trump rally happening now in Toledo:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:13:13 PM by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 09:13:48 PM »

Just heard Manaford  took on Kelli and kicked butt.....

Sorry I missed it.   ^-^

Offline WAC

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:47 PM »

It's true...Bidens last speech was 'all puppy dogs and rainbows'.......nothing there.

Offline WAC

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 09:30:56 PM »
Sorry I missed it.   ^-^

Obama speaking tonight soon....last speech he'll likely give..........also listening to Trump.....not sure how long I can endure Obama..I always end up turning him off.............

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2016, 09:44:29 PM »
Obama speaking tonight soon....last speech he'll likely give..........also listening to Trump.....not sure how long I can endure Obama..I always end up turning him off.............

Nah, we're not that lucky @WAC.  He's announced he's taking a month off (from what??) to campaign with BJ's bride.

Offline WAC

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2016, 10:11:36 PM »

Biden.....""We own the finish line," he said at the end of his  speech..... "Don't forget it.

Offline WAC

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 11:03:07 PM »

Obama's trying to define his fake legacy to everyone there.....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2016, 12:07:04 AM »
Biden.....""We own the finish line," he said at the end of his  speech..... "Don't forget it.

G-d owns the finish line.  He sets the race.

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us

Hebrews 12:1

I choose to stay true to my principles.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

Offline WAC

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2016, 11:55:59 AM »
G-d owns the finish line.  He sets the race.

:amen:

Offline WAC

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2016, 12:01:05 PM »
Hillary and Obama "Snuggle-thon".......

Offline WAC

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2016, 12:09:55 PM »

.....Bernie got a raw-good deal......

....Bernie Supporters not so  much.....

Offline WAC

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2016, 12:12:37 PM »

...Biden..the "touch man"...again and again and again and again....

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
Did anybody else see the fuzzy-headed Bernie supporters marching in the protest march with big signs calling for "Free Weed!"

These people ain't children,either. They are in their 20's and older. HTH does anyone become that old and STILL believe in "Free Weed"? They HAVE to be life-long residents of the welfare and unemployment lists because everyone/anyone else would recognize there is nothing free because everything cost someone something.

Jeeeze! We have a collapsing economy and are basically owned now by the Chinese and the Sauds,massive unemployment coming up as soon as the perpetual war ends,the ruling political parties are collapsing,Islam has declared war on us,we are being invaded by tens of thousands of illegals every year,our schools suck,and these airheads want the government to provide them with free weed because they are too freaking lazy and unmotivated to either buy it or grow it for themselves? It ain't like you have to have a green thumb to grow it. It's called 'Weed" for a reason.

Hell,I once bought a 60's Chevrolet truck that had been used by construction hippies,and the floors were as covered with sand as the dashboard was covered with fast food bags. When I opened the door to steer it on the trailer,damned if there wasn't weed growing right in the floor under the glove box lid. I guess the hippies used to lay it lid flat (it was  a big,flat lid) to roll joints on after lunch,and some seeds fell into the sand in the floor,and then the humidity from the closed doors and the summer heat provided enough moisture for it to grow.

Once a local police department was embarrassed back in the early 70's when some reporter noticed there was pot plants growing right outside the front door of the police station. I guess some suspects hadn't been searched before entering,and they dumped their weed out right by the door and it caught and started growing.

It's THAT easy to grow,and these loser stoners STILL want the taxpayers to provide them with the finished product for free?

I guess they probably want it delivered to their mother's basement,too.

When your brain is impaired with chronic POT use, "Free Weed" seems a perfectly normal, understandable demand.  Government gives us free Twinkies, with the SNAP card - why not free weed, too?  Dood...yer harshin my MELLOW, dood!  We want, like, FREE!  All the rich people, they can PAY for it!

Offline WAC

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »

......While Hillary's  Clinton Foundation just vacuums up their $$$$$$$$$...... (Michelle Malkin)

Offline WAC

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »
When your brain is impaired with chronic POT use, "Free Weed" seems a perfectly normal, understandable demand.  Government gives us free Twinkies, with the SNAP card - why not free weed, too?  Dood...yer harshin my MELLOW, dood!  We want, like, FREE!  All the rich people, they can PAY for it!

Actually I tried to find a photo of the guys sign calling for Free Weed.....no success......but you are correct....most of Bernie voters are students or young adults that want a free ride.  Probably why some of them were crying....no free college and they'll have to go to work like the rest of the world.

Offline WAC

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2016, 12:48:25 PM »

Online sneakypete

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »

Well,I personally know people that have been smoking weed daily for over 50 years,and almost every one of them either worked every day until retirement,or are still working and providing for themselves.

The exceptions were people like one guy I knew that grew up as an only child,and all he heard from his mother his whole life is 'Don't worry about anything. We will take care of you." And he didn't worry about anything. When I first met him back in the 80's he was in his late 20's and only working part-time minimum wage jobs when he needed some party money. Still living at home with mom and pop,and they were providing everything else,including his clothing and his car and car insurance until he lost his license for drunk driving and sold his car and started hitch-hiking everywhere he went,or having friends pick him up when he was "carrying" and they wanted the free high.

He was even a pretty intelligent guy when not hammered out of his mind,but he just had zero ambition. When I asked him how he planned on providing for himself when he was old,he told me his plan was to sell his mother and fathers waterfront property,collect their life insurance,buy a small travel trailer,and spend the rest of his life living in a campground.

Yeah,he smoked pot on a daily basis,but that ain't what made him a slug. MAMA was what made him a slug. He WAS what his mama raised him to be,a young dependent boy forever that would never leave home.

It must also be said that he did EVERY drug EVERY chance he got to do them,and IF he had 5 bucks in his pocket,he was off to try to buy some crack.  THAT was why he was so confused all the time.

It got to the point where I stopped picking him up when I saw him hitchhiking because I knew he had drugs on him and I couldn't afford to be arrested or have my car or truck confiscated just for trying to do a harmless loser a favor.  I even told him that was why I was passing him up,and he understood.

The ironic part is that he died before his parents,and it happened just a few months after he got the first steady job of his life. Granted,it was a minimum wage labor job because he has zero job skills,but damned if he didn't go to work every day on time and do what he was supposed to do. He had only been working there for about 3 or 4 months before he died,but he was showing up every day and working.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This post has been approved by Mod 3 or you wouldn't be seeing it.

Online sneakypete

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2016, 02:34:55 PM »

Actually I tried to find a photo of the guys sign calling for Free Weed.....no success.....

@WAC

IIRC,it was posted on one of the threads right here.

Online sneakypete

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2016, 08:58:24 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf