Author Topic: Disarming Society in the 21st Century (GOPBR Exclusive)  (Read 8244 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Disarming Society in the 21st Century (GOPBR Exclusive)
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 12:44:25 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 01:15:24 am »
I agree that this is how gun control would eventually occur in the USA.  However, it could be faster.  Take, for example, the gay marriage debate.  Ten years ago we saw that it would eventually come, perhaps incrementally.  But once public opinion shifted and the forces of the left mobilized, it passed over the country like a wave.  Something similar could happen with gun control   In a democracy all it takes is a slight majority to screw over any minority.

Certainly this year the Democrats think gun control is a winning issue for them.  That is a significant shift worth noting.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 05:36:24 pm »
I saw a movie once where only the police and the military had guns.

It was called Schindler's List.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 08:49:42 pm »
Kallyfornea has a measure on the ballot in November that would require a permit in order to purchase ammunition, said permit would allow only minimal amounts of ammo to be bought at one time.

Ain't going to pass except in the liberal enclaves like San Fran, but increasingly such areas are Balkanizing the remainder of the State that do not support such measures.

The truck driving terrorist was able to get over a mile mowing down pedestrians before he encountered a police officer with enough fire power to stop him.  Had anyone in the crowd along that mile and a half had a decent sidearm on them, they might well have blown the driver away long before he could murder children in the streets.

Got my CPL in the mail yesterday.  Never thought I would need such a thing, but here we are. 

Good luck with the fantasy of disarming America, especially in the face of Fundamentalist Islamist in our midst who continue to wage war on soft civilian targets.  We don't live in France or Australia.

:smokin:

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 06:52:36 pm »
I agree that this is how gun control would eventually occur in the USA.  However, it could be faster.  Take, for example, the gay marriage debate.  Ten years ago we saw that it would eventually come, perhaps incrementally.  But once public opinion shifted and the forces of the left mobilized, it passed over the country like a wave.  Something similar could happen with gun control   In a democracy all it takes is a slight majority to screw over any minority.

Certainly this year the Democrats think gun control is a winning issue for them.  That is a significant shift worth noting.

Two can play this game.

It's not at all hard to make the argument that being able to protect ones self is just as important a right as marrying who you want.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2018, 02:50:41 pm »
Bump

It looks like some old articles lost their content
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:51:54 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2018, 03:21:26 pm »
Proof that what AbaraXas writes is more likely a scenario than some kind of repeat of Lexington or Concord.

That is Connecticut, and I can assure you that even in what has become a Blue State Hellhole, most firearms owners will not comply. 

Most of the rest of the country has been rapidly moving in the opposite direction, i.e. - toward Constitutional Carry, or at least, toward "shall issue" laws for licensing. In all of northern New England, including Maine, Vermont and my state of New Hampshire, no licensing or permitting is required for any firearm that is not currently restricted under Federal law.

America does not have a gun problem; we have a crisis of moral and social disintegration largely brought about by the triumph of Progressive ideology in our public social institutions. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn