Author Topic: Going cold on Cruz (I don't want to)  (Read 6706 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Going cold on Cruz (I don't want to)
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2016, 11:58:14 am »
I'm saying that Trump will indeed go after the GOP if they continuously hamper/hinder what Trump wants to do.
So he really does want to be King, with Congress rubber stamping his edicts, instead of him signing or vetoing their laws. Gotcha.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2016, 12:02:59 pm »
So he really does want to be King, with Congress rubber stamping his edicts, instead of him signing or vetoing their laws. Gotcha.

Try to stay with us, @Smokin Joe

All I'm saying is that based upon the evidence of his reactionary behavior....he will attract tons more Democrat crossover votes if the media portrays him as a rogue POTUS fighting those dastardly Republicans.

...and YOU won't like the end result.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2016, 12:08:18 pm »
Try to stay with us, @Smokin Joe

All I'm saying is that based upon the evidence of his reactionary behavior....he will attract tons more Democrat crossover votes if the media portrays him as a rogue POTUS fighting those dastardly Republicans.

...and YOU won't like the end result.
You are right, as a Constitutional Conservative, I won't like the result.

If he is attracting Democrat crossover voters and defying the Right, that means he is moving left. I have incredible difficulty even trying to think of so much as one issue where I think this country needs to go to the Left--in fact, I can't. That has been the problem for the last 50 years, with a short break under Reagan.

Maybe the person who needs to get with it is the one who would sell out the Constitution to attract "crossover Dems" to stick a finger in they eye of the GOP.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:08:48 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2016, 12:15:55 pm »

You are right, as a Constitutional Conservative, I won't like the result.

If he is attracting Democrat crossover voters and defying the Right, that means he is moving left. I have incredible difficulty even trying to think of so much as one issue where I think this country needs to go to the Left--in fact, I can't. That has been the problem for the last 50 years, with a short break under Reagan.

I prefer to interpret it that he is keeping the GOP more to the center.

Which is the correct strategy...because the Democrat Party leadership has gone full bore Communist.

Which is the correct strategy...because in our current social state...with an adversarial media, entertainment industry and academia......

...well just read "How to Win Friends and Influence People".   :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 12:20:02 pm »
I prefer to interpret it that he is keeping the GOP more to the center.

Which is the correct strategy...because the Democrat Party leadership has gone full bore Communist.

Which is the correct strategy...because in our current social state...with an adversarial media, entertainment industry and academia......

...well just read "How to Win Friends and Influence People".   :laugh:
The "center" is farther left than LBJ. Considerably so. We need to move to the Right, not stay on the course we are on.

C S Lewis

Offline Wistful

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2016, 07:27:25 am »
Well, my fears were totally unfounded.

Ted stood strong and true. Walked the perfect honorable line.

His speech highlighted what an ass Trump really is, that Trump doesn't really get it and never will get it.

Ted stuck to the truth.

Donald Trump never knows what the truth is, from one day to the next.

geronl

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2016, 07:33:40 am »
Trump knew and approved the content of the speech.

Trump arranged the booing.

Trump even tried to interrupt the speech by entering the convention center during it.

The looks on the faces of the Trumps (see avatar) tells us a lot.

Ted Cruz did not talk about himself, yet the Trumpquats call it "selfish". lol

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:14 pm »
Well, my fears were totally unfounded.

Ted stood strong and true. Walked the perfect honorable line.

His speech highlighted what an ass Trump really is, that Trump doesn't really get it and never will get it.

Ted stuck to the truth.

Donald Trump never knows what the truth is, from one day to the next.

And, I think that explains why the Trump supporters have such a hate-on for Cruz.