Author Topic: ChristianMingle loses lawsuit, must now include gay singles  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
ChristianMingle.com, an online dating service for Christian singles, must start allowing people to seek out same-sex relationships under a judge-approved settlement.

ChristianMingle only required new users to specify whether they’re a man seeking a woman or a woman seeking a man. Two gay men filed class-actions claims against the site’s owner, California-based Spark Networks Inc., claiming that the site’s limited options violated California’s anti-discrimination law, The Wall Street Journal reported.

State law requires businesses to offer “full and equal” accommodations and services to people regardless of their sexual orientation....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/1/christianmingle-loses-lawsuit-must-now-include-gay/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: ChristianMingle loses lawsuit, must now include gay singles
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:40:11 pm »
Spark Networks would be well-advised to simply move out of California. They'd be saving more money that way anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »
Well, I'm a city folk, but I really want a country girl as my second wife so can I demand Farmer's Only accept me. While I'm at it, a third wife would be nice, and I wold love a good Jewish girl who could cook so I demand J Date take me in as well. Oh yea, I know some beautiful African American women, so maybe a fourth wife too- Where Black People Meet has to accept me while I'm at it.

No, I'm not joining Grinder.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:12 pm »
This is the same thing the homosexuals did to eHarmony several years back.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 11:52:45 pm »
Just say NO

The court has no such jurisdiction. You cannot be forced to offer services you don't offer.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 11:55:33 pm »
eHarmony essentially was forced to settle the lawsuit brought against it by starting a separate dating site for homosexuals. Story here.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 12:09:56 am »
eHarmony essentially was forced to settle the lawsuit brought against it by starting a separate dating site for homosexuals. Story here.
So why didn't these two become entrepreneurs and start their own dating site for packers of fudge? Because there is no money in it because they do all their mingling in bathhouses, gay bars and bathrooms. The only reason for the lawsuit is to tear down heterosexual business, the fact that it is a Christian business is just a boneus to them.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 12:12:34 am »
The only reason for the lawsuit is to tear down heterosexual business, the fact that it is a Christian business is just a boneus to them.
I suspect that hurting a Christian business was the primary goal (just like the florist, the baker, etc.).

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 01:39:45 am »
I suspect that hurting a Christian business was the primary goal (just like the florist, the baker, etc.).
Of course.

Now that the lobby has received what they've wanted with marriage, they have to maintain their relevance somehow.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 01:41:24 am »
I would rather shut it down than comply

Offline bob434

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 04:22:32 am »
So why didn't these two become entrepreneurs and start their own dating site

Because that isn't their agenda- their agenda is to make it illegal for Christians to exclude them in anything- pretty soon it will be illegal for you to refuse to send your guests out into hte streets when the crowds demand you do so so that they can rape them- Christian mingle should leave California and not look back to avoid being turned into a pillar of salt

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 09:14:58 pm »
The whole agenda of the weird sex movement is to completely invalidate religion (except for Islam) and destroy the foundation of the country. Of which they've succeeded to a great extent.  It is not now unthinkable to believe that within twenty years it might be criminal to be a Christian.  Or at least listed as a hate group.
You say I'm saying something crazy? Who would have thought twenty years ago a Christian org. would  be compelled to accommodate homosexuals?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:34:01 am by goatprairie »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 09:45:43 pm »
The whole agenda of the weird sex movement is to completely invalidate religion (except for Islam) and destroy the foundation of the country. Of which they've succeeded to a great extent.  It is not now unthinkable to believe that within twenty years it might be criminal to be a Christian.  Or at least listed as a hate group.
You say I'm saying something crazy? Who would have thought twenty years ago a Christian org. would  be compelled to accomodate homosexuals?

Oh, I think the left means to invalidate islam eventually.   They don't understand religion or religious people (even the deviant religion of islam).

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 10:16:29 pm »
Oh, I think the left means to invalidate islam eventually.   They don't understand religion or religious people (even the deviant religion of islam).

I'm not so sure. The left is playing a dangerous game by allowing a caliphate the opportunity to infiltrate the Union. Once sharia is implemented, their islamic buddies will turn on them as well. I do not consider the socio-political death cult a religion-not even a deviant one.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:19:06 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Synthesist

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 10:50:03 pm »
... No, I'm not joining Grinder.

@AbaraXas

LOL!

But, does Grindr and other perverted "hookup" sites exclude straight people seeking other straight people? If so, then shouldn't they also be forced to cater to wholesome Christians who want to mingle? Not that any wholesome Christians would ever use a homosexual hookup site. But, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander, right?   
#BlueLivesMatter
#AllLivesMatter - especially the unborn...

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 11:02:30 pm »
Sanguine wrote above:
"Oh, I think the left means to invalidate islam eventually..."

The left is in for one heck of a surprise.

Unfortunately, they're not going to understand what's happening until faithful muslims grab them by their hair, pull their heads back, and draw the blade against their necks....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 04:41:45 am »
Sanguine wrote above:
"Oh, I think the left means to invalidate islam eventually..."

The left is in for one heck of a surprise.

Unfortunately, they're not going to understand what's happening until faithful muslims grab them by their hair, pull their heads back, and draw the blade against their necks....
The left views Islam as a friend as in "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" paradigm. The left hates Christianity.  They view (correctly) devout Christians as the biggest threat to their complete takeover of American society.
Even a number of lib/leftists (like Bill Maher) cannot understand the leftist tolerance for Islam. The left condemns the slightest hint of "bigotry" or "hate" from Christians but almost completely ignores the gross violence and savagery of Islam.
They do this because Islam is trying to slaughter as many Christians as possible. The left sits in silent approval of this.
I don't know if we'll ever get to the situation where there's just liberals and Muslims, but too many liberals are tied into the nonviolence scene where as we know what Muslims think about nonviolence. They're agin it.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 08:56:11 am »
I would rather shut it down than comply
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 01:16:06 pm »
How did these asshats prove standing? Any claim that they were adversely affected by this is complete and utter BS. They aren't trying to get their dates on ChristianMingle - more like foam parties.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »
Anyone can claim to be Christian. If they've been to three weddings or funerals in the last 12 months, they've seen the inside of a church more often than most Christians do, too.  :shrug:

But, does Grindr and other perverted "hookup" sites exclude straight people seeking other straight people?

Nope. The drycleaners doesn't exclude people seeking a tin of paint, either. You are just really unlikely to get one there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink