Author Topic: Baltimore school district hires ‘Black Lives Matter’ leader to recruit teachers  (Read 775 times)

rangerrebew

Baltimore school district hires ‘Black Lives Matter’ leader to recruit teachers
June 29, 2016
By Victor Skinner

BALTIMORE, Md. – Black Lives Matter activist and failed Baltimore mayoral candidate DeRay Mckesson is the city school district’s new chief of human capital.

MckessonIncoming Baltimore City Public Schools CEO Sonja Santelises announced Tuesday that 30-year-old Mckesson will take over the cabinet position from interim chief Deborah Sullivan, who will return to her former position as executive director of organizational development, The Baltimore Sun reports.

Mckesson made himself famous through the Black Lives Matter movement after he took leave from his job at Minneapolis Public Schools to protest the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. More recently, Mckesson ran a last minute campaign for mayor of Baltimore and was beaten badly, coming in sixth in the Democratic primary with only 2.6 percent of the vote, according to the news site.

http://eagnews.org/baltimore-school-district-hires-black-lives-matter-leader-to-recruit-teachers/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:04:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline hiram1950

Mckesson made himself famous through the Black Lives Matter movement after he took leave from his job at Minneapolis Public Schools to protest the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

This is speculation since I know zip about it first hand. I s'pect the Baltimore Public Schools already produce a degree of failure such that hiring one more teacher incapable of teaching something useful won't matter.<P>

I live in the sphere of the Minneapolis Public Schools so can say from observation that he may have been more successful with Black Lives Matter in Missouri and Maryland than he was in Minneapolis at whatever he did for his pay.