Author Topic: Did a Trump Staffer Make The Meme That Nearly Broke His Campaign?  (Read 551 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So much for the denials and playing dumb about the origin.... The infamous @Don_Vito_08 twitter is from within the campaign.  This twitter was also responsible for a lot of other bogus memes including the 'African American Families for Trump' in which he pulled a generic family off a google search and misidentified them as Trump supporters.

Who made the now-infamous meme of Heidi Cruz that roiled Donald Trump’s primary campaign? According to one former staffer, the meme came from inside Team Trump itself.

At 11:35 p.m. on March 23, an anonymous Twitter user posted an image with a side-by-side comparison of Ted Cruz’s wife Heidi and Donald Trump’s wife Melania. The caption read: “No need to “spill the beans.” The images are worth a thousand words.

At 11:55 p.m. that night, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump manually retweeted the image to his millions of followers.....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/28/did-a-trump-staffer-make-the-meme-that-nearly-broke-his-campaign.html

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:09:19 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Re: Did a Trump Staffer Make The Meme That Nearly Broke His Campaign?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 01:41:46 pm »

So much for the denials and playing dumb about the origin.... The infamous @Don_Vito_08 twitter is from within the campaign. 

I don't remember there being much of a question.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Did a Trump Staffer Make The Meme That Nearly Broke His Campaign?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 01:51:10 pm »
I keep reading the headline as Drunk Staffer.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink