Author Topic: Reagan White House Files Show Ronald and Nancy Repeatedly Snubbed Donald Trump and His 'Large Ego'  (Read 437 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
.....In 1986, a 40-year-old Donald Trump sent a letter to then-First Lady Nancy Reagan inviting her to stay at his Mar-a-Lago mansion – which, he informed her, was designed to be the "southern White House" – when she came down for the American Red Cross Ball in Palm Beach, Florida.

According to a Washington Post review of Reagan Library archives, the East Wing staff had no clue what Trump was talking about – the first lady had not been invited to the Red Cross ball – but Mrs. Reagan nevertheless drafted a hand-written letter declining the businessman's invitation and telling him, "I am familiar with Mar-a-Lago." Then, apparently thinking better of the potentially ego-stroking line – she crossed it out......

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reagan-white-house-files-show-213006968.html

HonestJohn

Cue the Trump supporters "5-minutes of hate" aimed at Reagan.

Offline Suppressed

Flip a coin.  I'm betting they go with "oh, this is a hit piece...the Reagans worshipped him".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Flip a coin.  I'm betting they go with "oh, this is a hit piece...the Reagans worshipped him".

It'll be both, one right after the other, with no sign of how painful the cognitive dissonance is. 

Offline Suppressed

It'll be both, one right after the other, with no sign of how painful the cognitive dissonance is.

Too true, my friend...too true...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn