Author Topic: Senator Murphy: Not Fair To Judge Gun Control Based On Whether It Works  (Read 1295 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
During the June 19 airing of ABC’s This Week, Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) dodged questions regarding the impotency of his gun control proposal by suggesting it is not fair to judge gun control based on whether it works.

Murphy made the suggestion in an exchange with host Jon Karl, after Karl pointed out that Murphy’s push to expand background checks to gun shows had no relevance to the details of the Pulse Orlando attack. In fact, Karl said, “Your proposal would have done nothing in the case of Orlando, it would have done nothing to stop the killing in San Bernardino.”

Karl added that Murphy’s push to expand background checks to gun shows would not have stopped the attack on Sandy Hook Elementary either. He then asked why Murphy was spending so much energy proposing legislation that has nothing to do with the “massacre” in Orlando?

According Newbusters.org, Murphy responded by saying:

So first of all, we can’t get into that trap. I disagree, I think if this proposal had been into effect it may have stopped the shooting. But we can’t get into the trap in which we are forced to defend our proposal simply because it didn’t stop the last tragedy.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/21/senator-murphy-not-fair-judge-gun-control-based-whether-work/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Remember with Liberals...when it comes to laws and legislation...it's ALWAYS about feelings and emotions...not whether something is actually effective.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline r9etb

So first of all, we can’t get into that trap. I disagree, I think if this proposal had been into effect it may have stopped the shooting. But we can’t get into the trap in which we are forced to defend our proposal simply because it didn’t stop the last tragedy.

Well, OK, this is superficially correct, if one assumes that his proposal would do any good at all.

But I'm not aware of any strong correlation between guns purchased at gun shows, and guns used for murder.  More than that, I suspect that most murderers are not buying their weapons from reputable dealers in any case....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, OK, this is superficially correct, if one assumes that his proposal would do any good at all.

But I'm not aware of any strong correlation between guns purchased at gun shows, and guns used for murder. More than that, I suspect that most murderers are not buying their weapons from reputable dealers in any case....

And that is why stupid new "common sense" gun laws will never do what they are supposedly intended to do.  All you will do is take legally owned firarms out of the hands of someone and put them at the mercy of a thug on the street with a Glock he bought in an alley for $100.

Online andy58-in-nh

Remember with Liberals...when it comes to laws and legislation...it's ALWAYS about feelings and emotions...not whether something is actually effective.

Yep. They've been making the same arguments about education and welfare policy for three generations.

"Sure, we're dumbing down the populace, destroying the black family and disincentivizing work, but it's all good 'cause we care so much more than you".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn