Author Topic: Is FreeRepublic Going Pro Gay?  (Read 4240 times)

Offline mirraflake

Is FreeRepublic Going Pro Gay?
« on: June 16, 2016, 03:35:52 pm »
I don't have a problem with it, nor gays, nor gay marriage but have you all checked out the place recently?

I noticed the trend to allow pro gay comments to stand without being zotted over the last year or so.  Comment's such as this one,    "I'm a conservative Christian woman but I love Milo"  which I read a few months ago would have zotted the poster out on a rail not that long ago.

Numerous threads on Milo, gays buying guns, gays becoming more conservative,  etc and very little anti gay backlash from the posters though a few holdouts remain,  who always bashed gays, but their numbers are falling.

The "Moral Absolutes Ping List"  one or two issue Nazi harpies have all but vanished. Yes, they were Nazies..ganging up on people without mercy if the poster had the slightest disagreement with them.

I suspect  there was always more pro gay sentiment but posters were afraid to voice their views. I'm sure Trump has played a large part as well.

Has  JimRob finally come to his senses and realized the social conservatives are no  longer making up the majority of the party and the right is becoming more liberatarian as are the voters in general?

Not the first time JimRob has changed his view or direction of FR.  He is a populist guy.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Is FreeRepublic Going Pro Gay?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 03:58:30 pm »
I honestly could not care less.  I left FR years ago and vowed to never go back.  I do not look at their website and the only time I hear about it is in threads like this one at a website that in theory has nothing to do with FR, but cannot stop talking about it anyway.

Reminds me of the old "Conservative Underground" years ago that was first set up by people who were tombstoned over at Democrat Underground.  It got to the point where whatever DU was talking about infiltrated nearly every single conversation thread at CU and spoiled any chance for conversation about anything else. 

Personally, I'd like to see the management here set up a FreeRepublic bitch category where all threads like this one can be gathered in one place for those who simply cannot get past complaining endlessly about JimRob and his website.

If changing FR to suit you is your mission, then you should focus your efforts toward that end over there.  I prefer to concentrate my efforts toward the content of this site.

^-^

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 04:50:44 pm »
*Hey, it's better than being a snake handling Jesus loving Cruz supporter.

*IBTZ

* 8888madkitty

*You signed up the other day to post this?

* 888ohnoes

**ZOT*

*Well Bye.

*Jim's site Jim's rules even if they don't match the home page (but feel free to &itch about Facebook on every other thread)

*Mirraflake we hardly knew ye.

*Ha Burn! /Simulated FR response.

I do miss the Sporkweasels.

In all seriousness Jim has probably realized that a lot of the hard core social conservatives have flown the coop. I tend to lean pretty libertarian myself, but's there's nothing libertarian about forcing people into transactions against their will (I don’t' give a flip who ordered the cake) or letting grown men violate little girls in the restroom.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 04:55:05 pm »
I don't have a problem with it, nor gays, nor gay marriage but have you all checked out the place recently?

I noticed the trend to allow pro gay comments to stand without being zotted over the last year or so.  Comment's such as this one,    "I'm a conservative Christian woman but I love Milo"  which I read a few months ago would have zotted the poster out on a rail not that long ago.

Numerous threads on Milo, gays buying guns, gays becoming more conservative,  etc and very little anti gay backlash from the posters though a few holdouts remain,  who always bashed gays, but their numbers are falling.

The "Moral Absolutes Ping List"  one or two issue Nazi harpies have all but vanished. Yes, they were Nazies..ganging up on people without mercy if the poster had the slightest disagreement with them.

I suspect  there was always more pro gay sentiment but posters were afraid to voice their views. I'm sure Trump has played a large part as well.

Has  JimRob finally come to his senses and realized the social conservatives are no  longer making up the majority of the party and the right is becoming more liberatarian as are the voters in general?

Not the first time JimRob has changed his view or direction of FR.  He is a populist guy.

FR may change, but the truth doesn't.

I'll stay with the truth.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 04:55:09 pm »

Really?....does this really need to be discussed... :facepalm2:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »
Well, if Trump is okay with it - they will be okay with it and go to war to bash and denounce anyone who speaks to an issue that is not aligned with Trump.

Be it Transgendered bathroom privileges or homosexuality, or sitting down to tea with despotic third world madmen with nukes who vow to destroy the country……

If Trump's for it - they are too!  If Trump's against it - so are they!

Amazing how cults of personality work.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »

Nope.

I figure that is what the Refugee thread is for.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 06:49:56 am »

It's a huge issue. especially when NAMBLA stuff comes up and we have "conservatives" waving their flags

geronl

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 06:51:33 am »
Maybe a whole slew of Trump Nude Summer Camps for kids will be launched for the freepers....

"Nobody goes home a virgin! Now rub yourself down with chocolate..."

Will be a hit in the post-morality America

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:05:19 pm »
I remember a few years ago, reading that blog of that guy, what was he called? "The gay patriot" or something.  And I think that guy posted at FR too; and was respected. So, it is not that there is no precedent. I really wondered about that writer; you'd have to have a strong backbone actually to take such a stance.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »
"Log Cabin" Republicans have been around since at least Reagan. Here is a photo of a few.

::admin note-- Edited image out due to copyright notice::

Try another then.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:01:43 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 09:32:19 pm »
They are all about Trump so as long as Trump is friendly to them, they will be friendly to them. Milo is almost an ideal freeper type in his authoritarian nature (a male version of Ann Coulter) so they judge that over his lifestyle/identification. Case in point, when Jim Hoft came out of the closet a few weeks ago, they were all over him, then, someone on the thread reminded them that he is a yuge Trump supporter and his website promotes Trump, they all immediately changed their tune and patted him on the back.  One of the quickest zot fests I saw in April was when Trump made the bathroom comments and people questioning him- they took the side of the LGBT on the bathroom issue when Trump did, then jumped back when he 'clarified' his remarks (same for the recent no-fly/no-buy gun argument, lather, rinse, repeat.)

One of the problems I had with FR is how vile they were to gay people, not judging each as individuals but making blanket judgments and crude remarks about anyone who was gay. It should be a lesson, they will embrace anyone or turn on anyone at the drop of a hat.

I suspect when the election is over, no matter the results, people like Jim Hoft and Milo will be on the crap list there because they are gay.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 09:33:41 pm »
"Log Cabin" Republicans have been around since at least Reagan. Here is a photo of a few.

Maybe it is my middle aged eyes, what does it say in white at the bottom of that image? ;)  (as a photographer, I'm a stickler for photo copyright protection).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:34:31 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 09:35:57 pm »
I don't think so.  I think there is a genuine pleasure at seeing gays coming around to seeing things from our point of view.  Speaking for myself, I guess.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

geronl

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 09:45:24 pm »
The gay agenda is anti-family, anti-God and anti-child.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 09:45:58 pm »
I don't think so.  I think there is a genuine pleasure at seeing gays coming around to seeing things from our point of view.  Speaking for myself, I guess.

The Log Cabin Republicans are not any different than other gay orgs, they want the same thing

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 10:00:43 pm »
As to the question, "Is FR going pro- gay", I don't think so from some of the threads one can read on Matin or even go to their homosexual agenda keyword section and read those stories.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 10:46:16 pm »
The Log Cabin Republicans are not any different than other gay orgs, they want the same thing

Never much cared for that particular pressure group.  I do like the Pink Pistols people though....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 07:55:44 am »
Reminds me of the old "Conservative Underground" years ago that was first set up by people who were tombstoned over at Democrat Underground.  It got to the point where whatever DU was talking about infiltrated nearly every single conversation thread at CU and spoiled any chance for conversation about anything else. 

Gotta take issue with that one...as someone who up until they caught Trump fever...was a member in good standing at Conservative Underground.

CU was not started by people who were tombstoned at DU at least far as what I know of the history of the place in the 10+ years I was there..  I think the confusion on that comes from the fact that several members at CU tried to sign up over there and disagree with the lunacy of DU and were banned.  Some moled and were caught...some CU members still run moles there today that have 20K worth of posts and have been Mods and on their MIRT team.

CU does have a dedicated section for cross posting the more moronic threads from DU and commenting about them...since David Allen...aka Skinner bans any Conservative that tries to show up and challenge the hive.  It was our way of hitting back at them...they HATE that section of CU...they lurk constantly to see which one of the DU special snowflakes gets talked about.

But I can tell you that DU does NOT permeate every single part of CU.  In fact there are just as many sections at CU...as well as Conservative Cave (started when the old owner of CU allowed an invasion of Ron Paul zealots to take over and banned anyone who disagreed with the Ronulans) as there are here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 07:56:34 am »
The gay agenda is anti-family, anti-God and anti-child.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 05:12:44 pm »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 02:37:06 am »

More like people are getting scared.   No one ever believed that "Big Anus" would become so powerful as to threaten people's Churches,  their Businesses,   their Lives and their Freedom. 

Plus the media pressure to promote all things Homosexual is unrelenting.   I just saw two shows yesterday where they had to include "Gay"  components in their storyline.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 03:05:11 am »
Well, if Trump is okay with it - they will be okay with it and go to war to bash and denounce anyone who speaks to an issue that is not aligned with Trump.

Be it Transgendered bathroom privileges or homosexuality, or sitting down to tea with despotic third world madmen with nukes who vow to destroy the country……

If Trump's for it - they are too!  If Trump's against it - so are they!

Amazing how cults of personality work.

I think you are at that juncture where hammer meets nail...

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 03:07:30 am »
Maybe a whole slew of Trump Nude Summer Camps for kids will be launched for the freepers....

"Nobody goes home a virgin! Now rub yourself down with chocolate..."

Will be a hit in the post-morality America

Someone asked me if I had finally decided to join a nudist colony.

I told them I was born ready...