Author Topic: Judge delays request for feds to release names of 50K immigrants  (Read 675 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Judge delays request for feds to release names of 50K immigrants

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_4a9856d2-2cd5-11e6-b154-a3eaf8258e8c.html

By Frank Garza Staff Writer

U.S. District Judge Andrew S. Hanen – the Brownsville federal judge who halted President Barack Obama’s 2014 executive action on immigration – has permitted a stay of the Court’s order that would have required the Department of Homeland Security to produce a list of tens of thousands of immigrants who benefited prematurely from the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) policy.

Hanen has given the Department of Justice until Aug. 22 to produce evidence showing that he was not deliberately misled by the administration’s attorneys regarding when the government would begin accepting applications for DAPA and how many immigrants were mistakenly awarded work permits before the program would begin.

He also asked for suggestions on what he should do regarding the misrepresentation by July 31. Previously, Hanen’s sanctions called for ethics classes for all DoJ attorneys.

“This (stay) puts us well beyond the Supreme Court ruling. I wish I could wave a magic wand to say, ‘Let’s have a do-over,’ but there’s not. Give me something to work with reasonably. Affidavits. Something,” Hanen told James Gilligan, who spoke on behalf of the DoJ.

He also asked for suggestions on what he should do regarding the misrepresentation by July 31.

What kind of suggestions do you suppose he will receive?

Hang 'em High!

rangerrebew

Re: Judge delays request for feds to release names of 50K immigrants
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:33:02 am »
I wasn't aware judges ordered "requests" for anything.  I always thought they issued orders.  Oh how the media uses words to soften the reality of illegal immigration. :thud: