Author Topic: Dear GOP Leaders, You Cannot Maintain That Trump’s Comments Are Racist and Continue to Support Him  (Read 556 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Republican Party is the Party of Lincoln. The party came together in the 1850’s when the Whigs refused to take a clear moral stand on slavery. Slavery was the galvanizing issue for the GOP and Abraham Lincoln liberated slaves in America before being assassinated.

The Party of Lincoln cannot have a racist as its leader. The Party of Lincoln cannot have a man in charge who believes a person’s race, ethnicity, religion, or family heritage automatically qualifies a man from being able to do his job. But that is the position Donald Trump has taken.....

http://theresurgent.com/dear-gop-leaders-you-cannot-maintain-that-trumps-comments-are-racist-and-continue-to-support-him/

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery

It's quite obvious.  Either the Republicans are certified racists, or they must nominate another individual.  To nominate stumpy is to affirm the party's racism.
Former Republican.

Offline Mod1

This is editorial comment and should be put in Opinions.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's quite obvious.  Either the Republicans are certified racists, or they must nominate another individual.  To nominate stumpy is to affirm the party's racism.

So let's be heroes - Dump the Trump.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the opening post:
"The Republican Party is the Party of Lincoln. The party came together in the 1850’s when the Whigs refused to take a clear moral stand on slavery. Slavery was the galvanizing issue for the GOP and Abraham Lincoln liberated slaves in America before being assassinated.
The Party of Lincoln cannot have a racist as its leader. The Party of Lincoln cannot have a man in charge who believes a person’s race, ethnicity, religion, or family heritage automatically qualifies a man from being able to do his job."

"I will say, then, that I AM NOT NOR HAVE EVER BEEN in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races---that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and black races which will ever FORBID the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race."

- Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln, "Fourth Lincoln-Douglas Debate, September 18, 1858, Charleston, Illinois," in "Abraham Lincoln: Speeches and Writings" (New York: Library of America, 1989), p. 636, and in Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln, Volume 5, page 371

geronl

The whole broken party is going to be shackled to this mans potty mouth, like an anchor.

Offline sinkspur

From the opening post:
"The Republican Party is the Party of Lincoln. The party came together in the 1850’s when the Whigs refused to take a clear moral stand on slavery. Slavery was the galvanizing issue for the GOP and Abraham Lincoln liberated slaves in America before being assassinated.
The Party of Lincoln cannot have a racist as its leader. The Party of Lincoln cannot have a man in charge who believes a person’s race, ethnicity, religion, or family heritage automatically qualifies a man from being able to do his job."

"I will say, then, that I AM NOT NOR HAVE EVER BEEN in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races---that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and black races which will ever FORBID the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race."

- Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln, "Fourth Lincoln-Douglas Debate, September 18, 1858, Charleston, Illinois," in "Abraham Lincoln: Speeches and Writings" (New York: Library of America, 1989), p. 636, and in Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln, Volume 5, page 371

Lincoln was wrong in that speech about white people being superior.  It was a different time.  No politician would ever say such a thing today.

If you, in fact, believe that, then you're a racist.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

:amen: The truth is there are now numerous in the GOP that believe in that viewpoint and they should be cut out by the GOP as they are a malignant cancer.
This madness has also crystallized for many why they could never ever vote for trump.

Agreed.