Author Topic: Why I am now All-In for Donald Trump - It is now personal  (Read 16888 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Why I am now All-In for Donald Trump - It is now personal
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2016, 12:15:48 am »
What democracy are you referring to?

The one which has replaced our Republic.   Surely you've noticed?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2016, 12:17:45 am »
The one he thinks he lives in I guess. It's always entertaining how the zealot types that are gonna save America through liberal voting don't realize or know enough about Civics to understand America isn't and never was a democracy.

Then oh wise one,   explain to us all the difference between a Republic and a Democracy.   

Tell us how we are still a Republic.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2016, 12:18:21 am »
So, you are in a de facto sanctuary city?

Nope, and not where the grandkids are either.

The vermin are spread everywhere/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2016, 12:20:24 am »
Things seem to be getting a little wound up and a little personal here.  Any chance we can cool it down a tad?  Just to keep @mystery-ak happy?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2016, 12:20:48 am »
This is one disgusting thread.  Some of you brought TOS with you.  Telling members here they are plants.  Using shortened profanity and insults to make a point.  And some who aren't recently welcomed transplants letting everyone know that those who are willing to cast a vote for Trump won't last long here?  This was a really decent forum for several years.  There are those who are never going to vote for Trump; those who gladly support him, and those who will vote for him because they feel Hillary is worth defeating.  You all have your points to make.  But get over it! Arguments based on insults, stupid names and crude comparisons are not intellectual arguments.  Some of you are doing exactly what you came over here complaining about how it was being done to you over at TOS.

Please don't bring this forum down to the level of TOS.  Thank you.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2016, 12:23:40 am »

You can be as heretical as you like.   I just interpret it as someone who lacks the requisite  reasoning skills.   

I am not a pragmatist and I detest pragmatism,   but this is an example of where people want to stand on the wrong principles.   Trying to make certain my children can survive in the future is a pretty important principle to me.   

If you are not afraid of Hillary,   then you haven't been paying attention.

No, I'm just not a coward. I don't 'fear' some psychotic hagraven with delusions of godhood.

If I fear someone, it's the people so brainwashed by their pragmatism and their utter refusal to stand up like men that they run hat in hand, year after year, to the nearest liberal for salvation. Those are the people to fear because those are the people that helped the SS/KGBs of history march the non believers onto cattle cars to save their worthless selves. Without scum like THEM, Garbage like Hillary would be powerless.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2016, 12:26:31 am »

Then oh wise one,   explain to us all the difference between a Republic and a Democracy.   

Tell us how we are still a Republic.

Simple. Until someone officially changes the Constitution, we are in a Republic. Some people refuse to act like it, but then again, thats why we are in this mess. They believe things that just arent so.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2016, 12:34:29 am »
Simple. Until someone officially changes the Constitution, we are in a Republic.

Thanks for that.   I think a laugh is a great way to end my participation in this day's discussion.   
I have family to feed,  and so now i'm going to go do  my meatworld business. 

Some people refuse to act like it, but then again, thats why we are in this mess. They believe things that just arent so.

Yes they do.   :)   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2016, 12:38:19 am »
This is one disgusting thread. ...........Some of you are doing exactly what you came over here complaining about how it was being done to you over at TOS.

That hurts a little, like the truth sometimes does.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2016, 12:51:14 am »
This is one disgusting thread.  Some of you brought TOS with you.  Telling members here they are plants.  Using shortened profanity and insults to make a point.  And some who aren't recently welcomed transplants letting everyone know that those who are willing to cast a vote for Trump won't last long here?  This was a really decent forum for several years.  There are those who are never going to vote for Trump; those who gladly support him, and those who will vote for him because they feel Hillary is worth defeating.  You all have your points to make.  But get over it! Arguments based on insults, stupid names and crude comparisons are not intellectual arguments.  Some of you are doing exactly what you came over here complaining about how it was being done to you over at TOS.

If I have a person that’s not going to support me, I have no obligation. Politically, I may be right, I may be wrong, but that’s who I am. I’m a very honest person. If somebody is going to say a little bit negative or a lot negative about me, and if they happen to be a Republican, I may choose to hit them back. Not always, but I may choose to hit them back.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2016, 12:51:16 am »
Nope, and not where the grandkids are either.

The vermin are spread everywhere/

Wow.  And, the police would do nothing? 

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2016, 01:11:02 am »

I am not a Trump supporter.   I am a Cruz supporter.   I got suspended at Free Republic for being a Cruz supporter.   

I think you are engaging in confirmation bias.   

Are you advocating that people vote for Mr. Trump?  If so, then you are, ipso facto, a supporter of Donald Trump.

If you are not so advocating, then I apologize for lumping you in with that lot.
Let it burn.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2016, 01:14:21 am »
If I have a person that’s not going to support me, I have no obligation. Politically, I may be right, I may be wrong, but that’s who I am. I’m a very honest person. If somebody is going to say a little bit negative or a lot negative about me, and if they happen to be a Republican, I may choose to hit them back. Not always, but I may choose to hit them back.

Oh my, Norm. Surely not the Trump defense.  :shrug:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2016, 01:18:52 am »
Oh my, Norm. Surely not the Trump defense.  :shrug:

Well I figure anything we conservatives say is evil/crazy/America hating so I have decided, where possible, to use Donald's words, verbatim, and let them argue his. ;)

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2016, 01:21:27 am »

Excellent commentary MAC.  With the wave of new members, I suppose some blending of cultures is inevitable.  But those negative behaviors you mention should not welcome to any of us.  We "long-timers" too can bicker, and we have done more than our share in recent times.  I think it is fair to say that has been disappointing.  But, the intellect and knowledge arriving here recently is impressive.  Surely there is no need to resort to pettiness, name-calling or ad hominem insults.  The quality of the discourse should go up - for the benefit of us all.

At least, I would hope.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2016, 01:28:58 am »
Excellent commentary MAC.  With the wave of new members, I suppose some blending of cultures is inevitable.  But those negative behaviors you mention should not welcome to any of us.  We "long-timers" too can bicker, and we have done more than our share in recent times.  I think it is fair to say that has been disappointing.  But, the intellect and knowledge arriving here recently is impressive.  Surely there is no need to resort to pettiness, name-calling or ad hominem insults.  The quality of the discourse should go up - for the benefit of us all.

At least, I would hope.

I think the vast majority of us newnz would vastly prefer to argue facts. But here, as on FR, some people simply refuse to do that. The simplest way to avoid it is of course, to argue facts. The problem is that the facts do not support the pro trump position. The FR scream squad went down the path of calling us everything but white men over there. So we are pretty attuned when the very same pattern emerges wharever we go. We are simply used to it.

So in sum, we will be happy to argue based on fact. And when the poo gets flung, we'll go down that road as well. Not by choice, but we arent going to stand there and let a handful of people and their leftist crap do to us here what they did there whether the same people are involved or not.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2016, 01:37:22 am »
I think the vast majority of us newnz would vastly prefer to argue facts. But here, as on FR, some people simply refuse to do that. The simplest way to avoid it is of course, to argue facts. The problem is that the facts do not support the pro trump position. The FR scream squad went down the path of calling us everything but white men over there. So we are pretty attuned when the very same pattern emerges wharever we go. We are simply used to it.

So in sum, we will be happy to argue based on fact. And when the poo gets flung, we'll go down that road as well. Not by choice, but we arent going to stand there and let a handful of people and their leftist crap do to us here what they did there whether the same people are involved or not.

...and Norm I wouldn't blame you in the least..

I don't mind the arguing one bit..in fact I like heated discussions, just one caveat no personal attacks.

When a person starts throwing out insults they have lost the argument imho and I am sure yours too.

This has been TBR's goal from it's outset..a place to discuss with freedom to share one's opinion without fear of any repercussions....

It's up to old and new members alike to make this work....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2016, 01:38:15 am »

At least, I would hope.

Thanks Lando, and yes, so many really great conservative minds have come over here, and I hope they decide to stay.  And you're right, we've had our moments here too.  Hopefully we can all take a deep breath and keep this the quality forum I believe we all want.   :beer:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2016, 01:47:06 am »
Was taking my grandkids out over the weekend when I get sideswiped by another car.

When we exchanged information, I asked for his driver's license.  He did not have one, only a Mexican ID, which I have no idea is a real license or not.

The policeman on the scene simply shrugged his shoulders and said 'Just report it to the insurance company, as the police will not do anything about it'.

I do not know if the Donald will come through if elected with his promises, but I sure as hell need SOMEONE to stand up and tell these people to go back to where they came from.  This illegal(I guess) almost took away the most precious things in the world to me.

Don't let anyone dissuade you. I'm not a Trump fan, but I'm not really an anyone fan, and stories like this may help me make up my mind before election.

Who you vote for is your business and your's alone.

Hopefully you got his plates?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:48:05 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

• Technical
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2016, 01:51:10 am »
Well you could just vote for a conservative like the rest of us instead of continuing the liberal march of the 'right'.

Who would that be?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2016, 01:52:20 am »
Don't let anyone dissuade you. I'm not a Trump fan, but I'm not really an anyone fan, and stories like this may help me make up my mind before election.

Who you vote for is your business and your's alone.

Hopefully you got his plates?

Plates don't matter evenif theyarent stolen. The lesser evils people just HAD to elect have ensured that nothing will ever touch the blessed 'undocumented'. It's payback for our evil colonialism! We just need to offer up our selves and children as repentance. You know...so the white guys/girls pushing their SJW guilt trip don't have to themselves.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2016, 01:53:29 am »
Who would that be?

Pick anyone on the ballot not named Donald Trump and these's better than even odds that that person is more conservative. Then vote for them.

Easy/peasy.

• Technical
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2016, 01:55:05 am »

:thumbsup:

• Technical
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2016, 01:55:54 am »
Pick anyone on the ballot not named Donald Trump and these's better than even odds that that person is more conservative. Then vote for them.

Easy/peasy.

Love ya' Norm but this is not a courageous answer IMO. I want specifics.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2016, 01:59:33 am »
Love ya' Norm but this is not a courageous answer IMO. I want specifics.

Not my yob mang. You have access to the same internet I do. Use it, research and discover who lines up with your vision for America.

If you want someone to tell you who you should vote for rather than discovering who you should vote for through research, just vote for Donald as so many tell you and be done with it. Personally I have more self worth than going down that road but to each their own.