Author Topic: 35+ Creative Garden Hacks & Tips That Every Gardener Should Know  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
For all people who love nature and gardens, nothing beats a pleasant coffee drink or book reading in your own garden. Gardening has so much fun. It helps you relax and connect with the nature that surrounds you.

Check out these creative garden hacks & tips we rounded up for you. From improving garden soil using recycled kitchen waste or creating a mini greenhouse using soda bottles to propagating rose cuttings with potatoes or making beautiful log garden planter, these garden tips and tricks are easy and affordable. With a little effort and nearly no cost, you can transform your garden into perfection!

Read more: http://hative.com/creative-garden-hacks-tips-that-every-gardener-should-know/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 35+ Creative Garden Hacks & Tips That Every Gardener Should Know
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:39:49 am »
One I didn't see and figured I'd pass on. I probably lost 15-20 pounds of tomatoes this year to a new (well, new for me) pest. Slugs. We have had a wetter than usual year, and slugs have been all over the garden eating tomatoes and green peppers (they leave the cayenne, jalapenos, and habeneros alone, and those formed a barrier to the potatoes, but they have wreaked destruction on the tomato crop.

Bury a plastic cup (or two nested cups) with the rims at ground level and put a couple of ounces of beer in the bottom. Slugs can't resist beer, and will crawl in and drown. These will have to be emptied every couple of days (hence the nested cups) and will stink, so when you check your traps, it is good to have some thin gloves on. Dump the sludge, replace the inside cup, and re-beer the trap. This will cut down on the amount of crop damage the little critters do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

Re: 35+ Creative Garden Hacks & Tips That Every Gardener Should Know
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 12:07:58 pm »
What a bunch of great ideas.