Author Topic: Japanese Pop Star Left in Critical Condition After Being Allegedly Stabbed Over 2 Dozen Times by Male Fan  (Read 298 times)

geronl

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/japanese-pop-star-left-in-critical-condition-after-being-allegedly-stabbed-over-2-dozen-times-by-male-fan/ar-BBtkS6s?ocid=ansmsnent11

Japanese Pop Star Left in Critical Condition After Being Allegedly Stabbed Over 2 Dozen Times by Male Fan

Japanese pop star Mayu Tomita is in critical condition after she was allegedly stabbed over two dozen times by male fan, according to multiple reports.

Tomita, 20, was stabbed during an event in Koganei in western Tokyo on Saturday around 5 p.m., police tell KYODO. Tomohiro Iwazaki, 27, confessed to the crime, according to police, and was arrested after witnesses said he attacked the young star, according to KYODO.

According to NHK, Tomita was scheduled to perform at the event before she was attacked. The news station also reports that Tomita was stabbed in the neck, chest and back and was found unconscious. She is reportedly still in critical condition as of Sunday.

Police told Asahi Shimbun that Tomita had preciously complained to authorities about being stalked by a male fan who wrote her "obsessive" messages on social media.

This is not the first time that an attack on a female Japanese musician has rocked Asia's music world. In May 2014, girl group AKB48 were attacked by a man wielding a saw at one of the group's meet-and-greet events. Two members of the group were taken to the hospital with broken bones and cuts on their arms and heads, The Guardian previously reported.

Offline Just_Victor

Can you really call the man a "fan" if he tries to kill her?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

geronl

That's what I always ask.

Offline skeeter

Theres a picture of Mark David Chapman watching giddily while receiving an autograph from John Lennon on the night he shot him. Who knows wha goes on in the mind of a lunatic.