Author Topic: Begrudging WaPo poll: Trump 46%, Clinton 44%  (Read 859 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Begrudging WaPo poll: Trump 46%, Clinton 44%
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:09:50 pm »

Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 5/22/16 8:11 AM

It's not the headline, and it takes 219 words to get there, but a new Washington Post poll on the presidential race reveals that Republican Donald Trump leads Democrat Hillary Clinton among registered voters 46 percent to 44 percent.

Inside the Post's story about the poll is this paragraph:

"At this point, the two candidates are in a statistical dead heat among registered voters, with Trump favored by 46 percent and Clinton favored by 44 percent. That represents an 11-point shift toward the presumptive Republican nominee since March. Among all adults, Clinton holds a six-point lead (48 percent to 42 percent), down from 18 points in March."

It is the first time Trump has vaulted over Clinton in the poll and shows the advancement of the New York businessman over the past six months.

But instead of focusing on Trump's surge, the Post highlighted the feeling among the unfavorable view voters have of both candidates, and that Clinton is more qualified.

Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at pbedard@washingtonexaminer.com

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/begrudging-wapo-poll-trump-46-clinton-44/article/2591982
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Begrudging WaPo poll: Trump 46%, Clinton 44%
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 04:13:10 pm »
How is this not terrifying?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 04:15:08 pm »
How is this not terrifying?

What is terrifying to you?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 04:16:38 pm »
Real Clear Politics moving average of recent polls, now shows Trump & Clinton tied with five polls. Trump ahead in 3 of the 5.

Trump ahead by 5 in the Likely Voter poll. (others are RV)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Apparently he may be hitting his "ceiling" finally, in the lead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 04:20:51 pm »
What is terrifying to you?
The fact that a plainly evil man like Donald Trump, and yes, he is evil, is a serious contender for President.

Even the Democratic Party, the most vicious political machine in America, won't stop this evil man. Who will? And what will it take to do so?

And why are you guys supporting him?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:21:10 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 04:31:45 pm »
The fact that a plainly evil man like Donald Trump, and yes, he is evil, is a serious contender for President.

Even the Democratic Party, the most vicious political machine in America, won't stop this evil man. Who will? And what will it take to do so?

And why are you guys supporting him?

Because I like him.  I find the scenario of Hillary Clinton being the next president extremely terrifying - we know what kind of people she will pack the Supreme Court with for generations to come - and you think Trump would be worse?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 04:49:31 pm »
Because I like him.  I find the scenario of Hillary Clinton being the next president extremely terrifying - we know what kind of people she will pack the Supreme Court with for generations to come - and you think Trump would be worse?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Boo !! Did that terrify you ??  Ooga booga !! Did that terrify you ??

One man's "terrify" may be another man's thrill. Take a roller-coaster for example. Some folks refuse to ride them, because it "terrifies" them. They may not even have ever been on one, but the mere thought "terrifies" them.

Another man loves them. The thrill is amazing. Take your hands off the railing and hold them over your head.

Which person are you ?? Me: In for a thrilling ride. Hands held high. Bravely screaming all the way. Hopefully with my girl.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 05:02:14 am »
But instead of focusing on Trump's surge, the Post highlighted the feeling among the unfavorable view voters have of both candidates, and that Clinton is more qualified.

===========================

I've seen and heard that before. 

From Republicans.

Right here.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 05:26:58 am »

Evil. What utter nonsense.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 05:58:32 am »
Evil. What utter nonsense.
Seriously! People are reading too many outrageous internet stories.
It is a shame people did not hear Ben Carson on CNN yesterday.
He said the same things about Trump, the real Trump, that I have known for years.  **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline raml

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 06:55:05 am »
If Trump is evil then everyone is evil. I am tired of coming here and seeing such total nonsense. He is a business man and yes he is a successful business man and I admire him for his ability and hope he uses it to save our country from the disaster the last 20 years have been. Who says a business man doesn't qualify all I know is the last few presidents have been political people and haven't done well at all our country is sliding down a precipice and hopefully a business man can stop it. He has more ability than any other republican or democrat leader. They got us here and someone from the outside is needed to pull us up from the ultimate disaster.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 05:39:20 am »
If Trump is evil then everyone is evil. I am tired of coming here and seeing such total nonsense. He is a business man and yes he is a successful business man and I admire him for his ability and hope he uses it to save our country from the disaster the last 20 years have been. Who says a business man doesn't qualify all I know is the last few presidents have been political people and haven't done well at all our country is sliding down a precipice and hopefully a business man can stop it. He has more ability than any other republican or democrat leader. They got us here and someone from the outside is needed to pull us up from the ultimate disaster.

Very well put, Raml.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 06:10:30 am »

I'm with you raml.   :amen: