Author Topic: CDC: Southerners’ ‘Racism’ And ‘Homophobia’ Cause Gay Men’s High HIV Rates  (Read 1507 times)

rangerrebew

CDC: Southerners’ ‘Racism’ And ‘Homophobia’ Cause Gay Men’s High HIV Rates
Photo of Peter Hasson
Peter Hasson
3:45 PM 05/21/2016

Spectators kiss while they cheer marchers during the annual Gay Pride parade in New York June 28, 2015. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz   Spectators kiss while they cheer marchers during the annual Gay Pride parade in New York June 28, 2015. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz

An issue brief published on Tuesday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control claimed that that Southerners’ “racism,” and “homophobia” may be causing high HIV rates in the South that are disproportionately high among African-Americans and homosexuals.

According to the issue brief, Southern states have 37 percent of the U.S. population and 44 percent of all HIV infected people living in America. HIV rates among gay men and African-Americans account for the lion’s share of those infected with HIV.

“African Americans are severely affected by HIV in the South, accounting for 54 percent of new HIV diagnoses in 2014,” the brief notes.

The majority of those diagnoses were among black gay men, the CDC reports: “Black gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) face an especially heavy burden, accounting for 59 percent of all HIV diagnoses among African Americans in the South.”

According to the 2010 Census, 55 percent of African-Americans live in the South.

White gay men accounted for the second-highest number of new HIV diagnoses in the South in 2014, followed closely by gay Latino men and black heterosexual women, and less closely by black heterosexual men.

The CDC claims that one of the “factors driving the Southern HIV epidemic” could be the apparent bigotry of Southerners.

“Issues such as homophobia and transphobia, racism, and general discomfort with public discussion of sexuality may be more widespread in the South and can lead to higher levels of stigma,” the CDC claims. And increased levels of stigma — according to the CDC brief — “may limit people’s willingness to seek HIV testing, care, or prevention services.”

The CDC brief also claims “income inequality” could one of the factors driving high HIV rates in the South. The CDC does not suggest individual lifestyle choices as a possible factor resulting in high HIV rates.

This isn’t the first time the CDC has sought to blame “stigma” for high HIV rates.

As reported by The Daily Caller last month, the CDC claimed that the high HIV rate–28 percent–among transgender women (biological men) is due in part to the “stigma” faced by transgender people.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/21/cdc-southerners-racism-and-homophobia-cause-gay-mens-high-hiv-rates/#ixzz49OGddlMU
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:20:09 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

LIARS!!  Everyone knows AIDS is caused by global warming!  Or is it lack of gun control?  Not being able to use the restrooms they want?  Hmmmm.   :huh?:

Offline goatprairie

And here I thought sexual diseases might be caused by people with sexual diseases and complete disregard for the health and safety of others. How wrong I was. It turns out people contracting nasty diseases is the fault of people who are NOT!!! engaging in perverted sexual acts.
Yes, by their simple existence evil, white southerners are causing homosexual males to get terrible diseases. You'd think maybe it was homosexual males sticking their members in places they shouldn't be stuck that caused those diseases and their spread.
 But it turns out I was wrong. Thank you CDC for setting me straight. Oh, what horrible acts cannot be attributed to evil white people. (snicker)

Offline mirraflake

I lived in Memphis for 3 years  back in the early 90's. Had a few black male friends I worked with. Black  guys just refuse to cover up if you get my drift. They even admitted to such.

Back when I was single I never went without my little raincoat. Never until I knew she was trustworthy.

The CDC claims that one of the “factors driving the Southern HIV epidemic” could be the apparent bigotry of Southerners.

“Issues such as homophobia and transphobia, racism, and general discomfort with public discussion of sexuality may be more widespread in the South and can lead to higher levels of stigma,” the CDC claims. And increased levels of stigma — according to the CDC brief — “may limit people’s willingness to seek HIV testing, care, or prevention services.”
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:37:36 pm by mirraflake »

geronl

ridiculous and anti-science

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The politicization of this preventable sexually transmitted disease is only serving to aggravate it.

And here we have a classic example; that it's not the fault of those actually engaging in the sexual acts, it's those evil, Bible thumping, gun clinging rednecks who are responsible.   :shrug:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Henry Noel

Consider, though, when they encounter homophobia, the gay guys get all upset, and to make themselves feel better they go out and have all kinds of promiscuous anal sex, which leads to HIV. So there is definitely a connection.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline goatprairie

Don't you know all bad things are the fault of the Amish?  Or talk radio.  Or George W. Bush.  Or Evangelicals.  And now apparently it is sometimes the fault of southerners. 

Personal responsibility?  Hahahaha.  No, the poor little dears are victims.
I don't personally hate homosexuals, but I sure do hate the various homo movements and their agendas. They've not only caused tremendous harm to traditions that made this country great, they've cause great harm to innocent individuals who were made victims thanks to the lies spread by the pro-homo movement.
 They spread the lie that everybody was equally susceptible to getting the HIV virus when they knew full well it mostly male homos and intravenous druggies who got the disease.
And then after practicing unsafe (and disgusting) unprotected anal sex, they tried to blame other people, especially Reagan, for the horrible disease they themselves were mainly responsible for spreading. A number of infected homos deliberately tried (and succeeded in some cases) to give their disease to innocent people. 
Not enough punishment can be done to those awful people in my opinion.  I despise them and wish the worst on them.

Offline goatprairie

The hate has always been on their side.  I hate their behavior.  I hate their dishonest arguments.  I don't know them to hate or love them.  It is not about love or hate.  It is about right vs. wrong, and truth vs error.  Should we not love the truth?  Is it good to have evil?  By transforming a sexual behavior into an immutable feature the left and their apologists make disagreement with the behavior into hatred for the person.  That's crazy.  If we must go there, do they love adulterers?  Do they love polygamists?  Do they love cheaters?  Do they love rapists?  ??  It is a manipulative misdirection to turn it into love vs. hate.  Note that it is only one-sided, too.  None of those immorality pushing liberals feel any need to start their argument with a profession of love for the opposition.  Why do we do it?  Instead we should call them on the logical fallacy of it.
You are correct. The left has spread the belief that since something is natural, then it is perfectly okay to engage in it.  Using that "logic" if I had a predilection for setting homes on fire because I was a pyromaniac, that should be alright and my crime forgiven. And if someone likes to stick sharp objects in their ear, that should be alright as well because...well, you know...it's NATURAL!!!
What it is of course is the left trying to justify sick behavior. I would bet many liberals, although they outwardly approve of homosexual behavior, are privately disgusted by it.  The results of polygraph tests on these people would be very interesting.