Poll

What should the State of Texas focus on?

Illegal immigration
13 (34.2%)
The military
1 (2.6%)
Education
7 (18.4%)
Freedom of Religion
8 (21.1%)
Other - please state in your comments.
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 27, 2016, 04:04:42 am

Author Topic: What's the plan, fellow Texans?  (Read 10952 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: What's the plan, fellow Texans?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 07:36:31 am »
Illegal immigration especially since it looks like HUD is going to be free to move the inner city neighborhoods out to the suburbs.

Education

Freedom of religion
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 08:07:42 am »
They've already done it here in DFW.  The people they moved to the suburbs were mostly American Citizens.

The D/FW "experiment" is one of the example cited as to why this crap doesn't need to be pushed onto the whole of the country.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 01:45:11 pm »
And, another Texas push-back:  Federal Judge in Texas Demands Justice Dept. Lawyers Take Ethics Class

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/20/us/andrew-hanen-immigration-texas-court.html
WASHINGTON — A federal judge in Texas on Thursday excoriated the Justice Department, demanding ethics classes for the department’s lawyers and ordering other sanctions for those who argued the case involving President Obama’s immigration executive actions.

He also ordered the government to produce a list of about 100,000 immigrants who entered illegally and who are participating in a government program that protects them from deportation.

In a blistering order, Judge Andrew S. Hanen of Federal District Court in Brownsville accused the Justice Department lawyers of lying to him during arguments in the case, and he barred them from appearing in his courtroom.

He also demanded that Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch provide a “comprehensive plan” within 60 days describing how she will prevent unethical conduct in the future, as well as making sure the department’s Office of Professional Responsibility effectively prevents misconduct among its lawyers....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:45:49 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 01:51:44 pm »
And, another Texas push-back:  Federal Judge in Texas Demands Justice Dept. Lawyers Take Ethics Class

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/20/us/andrew-hanen-immigration-texas-court.html

He should have thrown their asses in jail if you ask me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2016, 12:02:43 am »
They've already done it here in DFW.  The people they moved to the suburbs were mostly American Citizens.
In SoCal there are Moreno Valley, Lancaster and Palmdale.

It is as if they lifted Compton/Watts up and moved them along with Sect. 8 housing, food stamps,  gangs and all, etc.

Probably plenty of other examples in other parts of this faire lande.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 01:09:07 pm »
He should have thrown their asses in jail if you ask me!

The idea of sending lawyers to ethics classes for doing what the president and the justice department told them to do is idiotic.  The judicial sanctions need to be against the president.  I just wish someone could figure out a way to enforce it short of impeachment.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 01:20:01 pm »
I think the judge is doing what he can.  The states have to start reasserting their Constitutional rights/duties.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 12:33:27 am »
Greg Abbott is on the Mark Levin right now talking about a Convention of States.  Good stuff.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 12:38:56 am »
Once the federal government completely disregards the Constitution, it has effectively seceded and the states should feel free to reform a new union elsewhere.

Hear, hear.  I advocate secession.  And I am not kidding.
James 1:20

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 12:43:25 am »
Hear, hear.  I advocate secession.  And I am not kidding.
Wouldn't be the first time, and certainly shouldn't be the last.  Remember the Alamo!

The federal regular Army is now only 450,000.  Not enough to take Texas.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 12:46:25 am »
Wouldn't be the first time, and certainly shouldn't be the last.  Remember the Alamo!

I'd rather remember San Jacinto.   ^-^

Anyone know anything about the Texas Guard?  Not the National Guard, the Texas Guard?

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 01:02:44 am »

Only downside I can see is we'll need a wall around the entire border, not just the Rio Grande.  I will advocate for expedited entry by other native Tennesseans such as myself.....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 01:04:30 am »
Only downside I can see is we'll need a wall around the entire border, not just the Rio Grande.  I will advocate for expedited entry by other native Tennesseans such as myself.....

With a screen-name like that you're a shoo-in.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 01:08:06 am »
I graduated HS and College in Tejas, still have family there and winter there, does that count for expedited admission?
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 01:09:23 am »
I'd rather remember San Jacinto.   ^-^

Anyone know anything about the Texas Guard?  Not the National Guard, the Texas Guard?
Texas Guard is a true state militia, not controlled from Washington like the National Guard.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 01:13:05 am »
I graduated HS and College in Tejas, still have family there and winter there, does that count for expedited admission?

As a transplanted hillbilly here in Houston I should probably defer to the native Texans for a decision.  But I'll put in a good word on your behalf.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 01:28:19 am »
Texas Guard is a true state militia, not controlled from Washington like the National Guard.

Yes, it is....

https://tmd.texas.gov/texas-state-guard

Offline biff

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 03:41:29 pm »
Texas should definitely focus on education.  Get away from those stupid standardized testing and go back to old school teaching.

You are exactly right. Funny how 'readin, writin and rithmatic' put us on the moon and common core gives us 20 yr. old juniors in high school that can't read.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 04:06:36 pm »
You are exactly right. Funny how 'readin, writin and rithmatic' put us on the moon and common core gives us 20 yr. old juniors in high school that can't read.

Welcome, Biff.  Ok, we know what you don't think should be done - what do you think should be done?

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 06:17:54 pm »
- what do you think should be done?

Hope I can jump in here.  I say we get rid of the current tests.  Go back to teaching K-12 the way it was taught in the early 60's.  Repetition, repetition, repetition.  Phonics, phonics, phonics.  Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction, Division.  Memorize. memorize. memorize. These kids don't have the basics down.   In the mean time, the teachers administration is only concerned about the state test.  If we must test, lets test with the Achievement type tests.  They are still in use by private schools.   :chairbang:

On a personal note, my grandson has not been taught cursive.  I learned that last Christmas, when he could not read the names on the packages.  I substituted elementary classes when the teacher had to leave early back in the late 60's.  I was younger than 18 and could do a better job than I'm seeing today.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2016, 06:49:56 pm »
Hope I can jump in here.  I say we get rid of the current tests.  Go back to teaching K-12 the way it was taught in the early 60's.  Repetition, repetition, repetition.  Phonics, phonics, phonics.  Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction, Division.  Memorize. memorize. memorize. These kids don't have the basics down.   In the mean time, the teachers administration is only concerned about the state test.  If we must test, lets test with the Achievement type tests.  They are still in use by private schools.   :chairbang:

On a personal note, my grandson has not been taught cursive.  I learned that last Christmas, when he could not read the names on the packages.  I substituted elementary classes when the teacher had to leave early back in the late 60's.  I was younger than 18 and could do a better job than I'm seeing today.

Of course you can jump in!  Good comments. 

I would also add that the control of the curriculum needs to be removed from federal involvement, back to the states and communities.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2016, 07:26:28 pm »

The old PEMDAS saying on how to solve algebraic equations still sticks to me to this day, 30+ years later

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 08:16:14 pm »
Then become Bernie or Trump supporters, depending on how they're twisted by parents and or teachers.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2016, 08:20:59 pm »
You see kids, young adults and full adults protesting for $15 an hour wages, and yet they can't even process basic math to figure how much change from a $20 without the register telling them.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2016, 10:29:21 pm »
Got mesquite charcoal started. Going to grill some fajitas. Drinking a Shiner, cut up homegrown bell and jalapeño peppers to go with it.
No matter what, it is still the basics that matter, and why I love the Lone Star state. Now, if Trump or Clinton come after my pistols, truck, grill, or smoker, look out!

Seriously, a convention of states should be the order of the day, since D.C. Can't read the 10th amendment.
Barring that, secession.
I'd like to see COS before we actually seceded.
Just my mesquite-fajita-shiner-jalapeño induced opinion.