Author Topic: Target's market cap down $6 billion since start of transgender bathroom policy  (Read 6311 times)

Offline unknown

author=IsailedawayfromFR link=topic=206840.msg896276#msg896276 date=1464179672]
still in denial?

From article

Walmart's current market cap ($220.83 billion) is effectively equivalent to where it was on April 19 (219.38 billion).  By comparison, Target's current market cap ($41.22 billion) is $9.2 billion lower than it was when the bathroom policy was implemented ($50.39 billion).

Consequently, the rational conclusion is that the Target boycott has already directly cost the company more than $9 billion in market cap.  Even if we adopted a more conservative approach that averaged the post-April 19 market cap performance of all Target's natural competitors, we still end up with nearly the same boycott-induced loss of market cap.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/target_boycott_has_directly_cost_company_92_billion_in_market_cap_to_date.html
Thanks for the graph.

That makes it pretty clear.

Let's see how Q2 results show up.. I think it will be real obviously shown that Target has been OUTTED in the business world! And is committing business suicide. Share holders selling in droves!

Quotes from Target CEO Brian Cornell:
We had a lot of tough feedback. But sitting here today, I know we made the right decision.
We took a stance, and were going to continue to embrace our belief of diversity and inclusion and just how important that is to our company.

***suicide***
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:01:36 pm by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Thanks for the graph.

That makes it pretty clear.

Let's see how Q2 results show up.. I think it will be real obviously shown that Target has been OUTTED in the business world! And is committing business suicide. Share holders selling in droves!

Quotes from Target CEO Brian Cornell:

***suicide***

Another dialogue going on, mostly trying to defend the indefensible.   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,210414.0.html

Where I live, the Target and Walmart are across the street from each other.  I drive by every day and have noticed a lessened number of vehicles in the Target lot and Walmart seems always full.  It is an obvious change and it has undoubtedly affected Target's bottom-line even without looking at the company financials.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington