Author Topic: Welcome to the first edition of the TBR Gardening Discussion Thread! - Week of 5-13-16  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Welcome to the first edition of the Briefing Room garden thread. Many of you may recall the garden thread at TOS, which was one of my favorites to read every week. With the new influx of people it seems to be a good time to start our own edition here.

I'm very excited about a thread in this format, with so much more editing tools at our disposal I think we can add a great deal of bells and whistles that we couldn't at the other place. One thing I hope to do is make it more picture heavy, with links and attachments to various topics like starting your own seeds, mulching, composting, trellising, etc.

With a fairly mild winter and an early warmup in late February, you would think we would be planting by mid-March, but no. It was a late spring, got the the greens, roots, cabbages broccoli and other things in about two weeks late. Since then it has been a very wet and cool spring. Waiting a couple of more weeks to get in the summer stuff, just to make sure things are warm enough.

To start things off, I have a ton of old seeds to give away. Many are pretty old, some may be too old to germinate. There are enough there to plant an acre or more. Mostly consist of squash, melons, cukes, tomato, pepper, eggplant, plus some other things. This is an all or nothing proposition, but if you have a big garden and like to start your own seeds, I'm happy to ship this to you no charge.

Happy gardening!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:50:50 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.