Poll

Please mention which one(s) if yes.

Author Topic: Are there any wedge issues you would be okay with the party abandoning for the sake of victory?  (Read 4072 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Maybe a better wording would be, are there any issues you can count on the party, especially under Trump, to stay consistent on or would they just bow to populist sentiment. There are several big issues I disagree with Libertarians on, but I do also see that swinging the pendulum away from the centralized authoritarian governments promised by Trump and Hillary would be better for those issues than increasing ever dependence on a central government to fix things.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No. 

How much more do we have to abandon in this pipe dream of making Liberals and RINO's like us enough to accept us?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Dexter

No. 

How much more do we have to abandon in this pipe dream of making Liberals and RINO's like us enough to accept us?

I think the economy is more important than social conservatism.
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah and how has that worked out for us?  Since 2010 we've given the GOP a chance to fix the economy and stop out of control spending.

And we got kicked in the nuts for it.

If you don't think social issues go hand in hand with economic issues you need to retake a High School econ class.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
No.  No more compromise, ESPECIALLY on social issues. 

I guess you didn't see the thread where the LGBT mafia is demanding that Disney make Elsa in the Frozen sequel a lesbo...?  And also where the DoJ is now threatening to cut off federal education funds to North Carolina because of its new law banning deviants from women's bathrooms.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Dexter

I guess you didn't see the thread where the LGBT mafia is demanding that Disney make Elsa in the Frozen sequel a lesbo...?  And also where the DoJ is now threatening to cut off federal education funds to North Carolina because of its new law banning deviants from women's bathrooms.

The left has been winning the social war for decades. Public opinions have shifted, and at this point social conservatism is a detriment to the party. Conservatives will either adapt and move forward or be stubborn and fade into obscurity.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:56:23 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Always amazes me how the people that say "shut up aout the social issues focus on the economy and immigration control"...fail to realize how something like abortion on demand is tied to both the economy and the increase in illegal immigration.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The left has been winning the social war for decades. Public opinions have shifted, and at this point social conservatism is a detriment to the party. Conservatives will either adapt and move forward or be stubborn and fade into obscurity.

They are winning because too many people say we should rbing up the social issues and concentrate on fixing the economy.

I'll remind you that Reagan won two landslide victories for President with a focus on social issues.

Offline Dexter

I'll remind you that Reagan won two landslide victories for President with a focus on social issues.

35 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:01:08 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
35 years ago.

And that was the last time people ignored the stupid advice of "shut up about the social issues".

Look at the candidates that lost or barely won because they took the advice you're hoping they listen to.

The American people care about the social issues.  Unlike you they know that social and economic things are tied together. And one has a direct effect on the other.

Offline Dexter

The American people care about the social issues. 

They do, but most of them see it the way the left does, so by clinging onto social conservatism you lose votes. I assure you that will only become more and more true as time goes on. If conservatives don't adapt they will cease to be relevant.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:26:48 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
They do, but most of them see it the way the left does, so by clinging onto social conservatism you lose votes. I assure you that will only become more and more true as time goes on. Conservatives will abandon some of the social issues or they will cease to be relevant.

If Conservatives abandon social issues they cease to be Conservatives.

Ok since you seem particularly dense on this and how Socials issues have an impact on everything else....let me give you a quick lesson in why social issues are relevant and SHOULD be embraced and put out there in this election.

Illegal immigration. Negative effect on the economy...increases crime we all know the negative effects.

We don't have a birthrate replacement rate above what the death rate is in this country anymore.

The reason?  Roe v Wade and Liberals trashing the value of the traditional family unit

Birth rate declines...that means there aren't the number of people entering the workforce that there were prior to Roe.  Employers...especially small businesses and labor intensive trades have problems finding workers to fill jobs.

Solution...look the other way and hire low skilled limited education illegals at a lower wage.

Do I need to go on or are you beginning to see how on just that one social issue alone it has put us on the path we're on today when it comes to the problem we have with illegals streaming across our border and the negative impact it is having on all of us?

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh yeah? Well a lot of people now like free stuff. I about five years your going to be right back here telling us that we need to move off of the draconian economic stuff because the Party has moved on. We already have our nominee discussing higher minimum wage and raising taxes.

After we abandoned all our principals, do you think we will be loved by everyone? Not a chance.

Offline Dexter

Oh yeah? Well a lot of people now like free stuff. I about five years your going to be right back here telling us that we need to move off of the draconian economic stuff because the Party has moved on. We already have our nominee discussing higher minimum wage and raising taxes.

After we abandoned all our principals, do you think we will be loved by everyone? Not a chance.

If you're unwilling to do anything but go down with the ship I can respect that; you're a man of conviction. I'm just reminding you that the ship is indeed sinking.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:45:43 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates