Author Topic: Amherst man regains vision with "Bionic Eye"  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Amherst man regains vision with "Bionic Eye"
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:48:56 am »
AMHERST, N.Y. (WKBW) - Curt Krull had no vision problems until his late 40s.  The Amherst man was working in a lumber yard, building things and cutting wood, when he noticed his sight slowly started to go.

“It was like looking in a tube in a tunnel.  And everything started getting smaller and smaller.  Like slowly turning the lights out on a dimmer,” he explained.

It turns out Curt had a degenerative eye condition, which caused him to slowly lose his sight.  Not an easy thing for anyone , but especially for a man whose hobby, and living, depended on it.

“After 26 years I had to be let go, because of my eyesight.  I had to retire early.  I wasn’t ready for it,” he said.  “I was only 49 at the time.  And I wasn’t ready for that to happen.  Didn’t expect that to happen.”...

More at:

http://www.wkbw.com/news/amherst-man-regains-vision-with-bionic-eye
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Amherst man regains vision with "Bionic Eye"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 06:36:55 am »

Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
-Oscar Goldman

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:54:27 am »
Does his eye make that cool beebeebeeboobooboobabababa noise like Steve Austin's did?
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:17 pm »
Does his eye make that cool beebeebeeboobooboobabababa noise like Steve Austin's did?

Exactly what I was thinking!

:beer:  :rolling:
The Republic is lost.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:20:51 pm »
100% artificial hearts are now being used.  One day we will be 50% artificial. Now if they can just shut off  that darn aging gene.

My luck they will be able to do that when I am 80.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 09:34:31 am »
These stories always remind me of a prophecy current among us Orthodox Christians (I think it was St. Paisios of the Holy Mountain who uttered it, but I don't recall for sure:

In the days of Antichrist, all of Christ's other miracles will be reproduced, but the dead will not be raised.

Note the way it is worded -- it is not that Antichrist will reproduce the miracles, only that their reproduction is a sign of the coming of Antichrist.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.