Author Topic: Weather  (Read 38543 times)

geronl

Re: Weather
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2016, 09:22:06 pm »
Looks like we might just get lighter rain for a while now... hopefully

Offline M1078

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2016, 09:29:59 pm »
We only have 2 roads in and out of our sub division.  The wife is sitting at one of those right now with about 4' of water covering the road.  Deputy said it might go down in the next hour but I told her to turn around and go have supper some where.  If it's not down by the time she's back then she just needs to head back to town and spend the night.  I'll have to suffer with the left over green chili pork roast we made yesterday.  Hope there's tortillas left.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:30:52 pm by M1078 »
Former FR macnjac

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 09:39:07 pm »
We only have 2 roads in and out of our sub division.  The wife is sitting at one of those right now with about 4' of water covering the road.  Deputy said it might go down in the next hour but I told her to turn around and go have supper some where.  If it's not down by the time she's back then she just needs to head back to town and spend the night.  I'll have to suffer with the left over green chili pork roast we made yesterday.  Hope there's tortillas left.

Good advice.  Y'all stay safe. 

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 09:46:44 pm »
Get a boat, fast!

You might want to start gathering animals in pairs, too.
And measuring in cubits.....
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

geronl

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 09:47:08 pm »

4 FEET!!! dang

You need a jet ski!

geronl

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2016, 09:48:17 pm »
... and there's the sun... at least for a little while...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2016, 10:18:34 pm »
Sun is out temporarily in Medina as well. Soggy 7 day forecast- but glad for the break.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2016, 10:47:54 pm »
Hmmm...rain or hail.  Both my folks and sister had severe hail damage several weeks ago near I10 and 1604. They haven't even gotten all THAT damage fixed yet.  Glad I left at the end of Feb.  But it took until Memorial Day up here to finally warm up.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2016, 01:05:24 am »
Fort Bend residents seek higher ground, prepare for worst
Posted: May 31, 2016 1:17 PM CST Updated: May 31, 2016 1:17 PM CST

RICHMOND, Texas (KHOU) – Evacuations are underway in Fort Bend County as the Brazos River continues to flood its banks.

The river is expected to crest in Rosenberg and Richmond at some point Tuesday afternoon or evening, but several roads are already closed and some communities are taking on water.

Residents in Richmond’s Rio Vista community suddenly had water front property as the quickly rising Brazos began to take over, seeping up through sewer drains.

“This is the first time it's ever come up like this,” said resident Jennifer Torres.

“Well, it's concerning you know?” added Arturo Cano. “To say the least… but there's nothing we can do really.”

According to Alan Spears with the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management, once the banks are flooded waters will stay high for several days.

“This is one of those lifetime events,” said Spears. “We are kind of anticipating some things that we've never seen before.”...

http://www.kcentv.com/story/32103936/fort-bend-residents-seek-higher-ground-prepare-for-worst

geronl

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2016, 01:07:55 am »
I don't think the storms around San Angelo and the ones in Mexico are going to reach me here. Maybe early in the morning new rainstorms will develop

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2016, 01:24:39 am »
I don't think the storms around San Angelo and the ones in Mexico are going to reach me here. Maybe early in the morning new rainstorms will develop

There's the rest of the week to go.   Big chance for rain every day!

geronl

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2016, 04:16:37 am »
There's the rest of the week to go.   Big chance for rain every day!

We are pretty saturated at the moment. Ground can't absorb much more.

geronl

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 05:35:28 pm »
Watch Jeep get washed away in New Braunfels!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8afpGv_bT0

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2016, 05:40:58 pm »
Damn,

@geronl !  That's horrible.

Here's some footage from Barton Springs:  http://www.facebook.com/AustinCityParks/videos/981168565240185/

Offline M1078

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2016, 06:13:11 pm »
Watch Jeep get washed away in New Braunfels!!

Glad no one was inside.  It amazes me how many people drown around here every year from trying to go through low water crossings. 

The wife had to wait about 2 hours but the water dropped enough for her to get home last night.  We went back out about an hour after that and the water was about a foot below the road surface.  Funny how it dropped almost as fast as it rose.  Of course round 2 (and possibly round 3 and 4) is on it's way.
Former FR macnjac

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2016, 10:23:29 pm »
Glad no one was inside.  It amazes me how many people drown around here every year from trying to go through low water crossings. 

The wife had to wait about 2 hours but the water dropped enough for her to get home last night.  We went back out about an hour after that and the water was about a foot below the road surface.  Funny how it dropped almost as fast as it rose.  Of course round 2 (and possibly round 3 and 4) is on it's way.

Well the next round is in Medina now. I went into Kerrville and raced the black clouds home. It is raining hard now with thunder and lightning but it doesn't look too big on radar but more pop-up storms may form. It is headed east.

Glad your wife made it home safely. The Medina River crossing south of my house was underwater yesterday and may be again now.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2016, 10:58:49 pm »

Those waters are going from your house to my town! If that water spills over the little dam around 5 miles north of me... well I'm less than 2 miles from the river

Offline M1078

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2016, 11:09:25 pm »
Those waters are going from your house to my town! If that water spills over the little dam around 5 miles north of me... well I'm less than 2 miles from the river

Get the raft out cause there's more on the way.  Just looked at the radar and it's purple over by Boerne so figure about an hour from now we'll be filling back up again.
Former FR macnjac

geronl

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2016, 11:21:07 pm »
Get the raft out cause there's more on the way.  Just looked at the radar and it's purple over by Boerne so figure about an hour from now we'll be filling back up again.

oh boy... I might be needing sand bags

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2016, 01:37:22 am »
Seriously, @geronl

geronl

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2016, 01:54:31 am »
That storm passing Boerne died out as it was reaching me. I was out there looking at the dark clouds and feeling the wind from the front... and then... it sort of went away. It looks strange on the radar at weather.com

geronl

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2016, 01:55:34 am »
Seriously, @geronl?

Not serious about the sandbags, I should have included  :tongue2:

Offline M1078

« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2016, 02:07:20 am »
That storm passing Boerne died out as it was reaching me. I was out there looking at the dark clouds and feeling the wind from the front... and then... it sort of went away. It looks strange on the radar at weather.com

We got lots of wind but only about 1/2" of rain but it all came in a 30 minute period.  Not nearly as hard as yesterday (almost 2" over 55 minutes) but still pretty fast and heavy.  Lots of stuff down by Del Rio that looks headed our way though.
Former FR macnjac

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2016, 02:16:54 am »
Not serious about the sandbags, I should have included  :tongue2:

Oh, good! 

Y'all stay safe and dry.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2016, 02:39:40 pm »
Austin area got hit with another 2-3 inches this morning, just in time for rush hour. Expected to rain off and on all day.
Let it burn.