Author Topic: The Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Spy, and Superhero Genre  (Read 419859 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: The Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Spy, and Superhero Genre
« Reply #1301 on: August 16, 2017, 03:12:26 pm »
STLV17: Brannon Braga On How Kirk Should Have Died, ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’ Regrets And More

Matt Wright
TrekMovie.com
August 11, 2017

For fans who like to learn about the inner workings of Star Trek, one of the more interesting panels at Star Trek Las Vegas was with veteran writer/producers Brannon Braga (TNG/VOY/ENT/TNG Movies) and André Bormanis (VOY & ENT). The pair spoke in detail about their writing process for Star Trek and also ended up talking a little bit about their current project, The Orville.
More

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1303 on: August 18, 2017, 02:12:22 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2g9sfhtBRo

CBS All access?  Does that mean its only going to be PPV?  Big fan of franchise since the '60's, but am for damn sure not going to pay $ to just watch one series.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #1304 on: August 18, 2017, 02:16:14 am »
CBS All access?  Does that mean its only going to be PPV?  Big fan of franchise since the '60's, but am for damn sure not going to pay $ to just watch one series.

There are ways around it. If you wait until the end of the season then they you can watch it during the free week ;) or if you know someone that has CBS All-Access.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1305 on: August 18, 2017, 02:27:49 am »

According to Wikipedia, the episodes will be available on Netflix 24 hours after they show on CBS All Access.
Let it burn.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1306 on: August 18, 2017, 02:51:18 am »
According to Wikipedia, the episodes will be available on Netflix 24 hours after they show on CBS All Access.

@kevindavis
@Ghost Bear

Thanks......   Netflix it is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #1307 on: August 18, 2017, 12:55:26 pm »
@kevindavis
@Ghost Bear

Thanks......   Netflix it is.

@catfish1957
@Ghost Bear

Yes it will be on Netflix but only for international audiences. But there is a way.. Not saying but there is a way.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1308 on: August 18, 2017, 02:59:12 pm »

@catfish1957
@Ghost Bear

Yes it will be on Netflix but only for international audiences. But there is a way.. Not saying but there is a way.

Well... if we cut the cable, we may subscribe to CBS All Access to get the full range of CBS shows (wife and I watch a lot of them, and they aren't available for streaming while current anywhere else) but we won't be getting the service just to watch ST:D.  If it's not available anywhere in the U.S. except All Access, then we either won't see it, or we'll wait until it is available somewhere else.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1309 on: August 18, 2017, 03:02:37 pm »
Well... if we cut the cable, we may subscribe to CBS All Access to get the full range of CBS shows (wife and I watch a lot of them, and they aren't available for streaming while current anywhere else) but we won't be getting the service just to watch ST:D.  If it's not available anywhere in the U.S. except All Access, then we either won't see it, or we'll wait until it is available somewhere else.  :shrug:

Same here, only the most die hard Trekees would spend that.  If I see it in 2020 on Netflix or Amazon Prime, I am not an iota sadder.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1310 on: August 18, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »
We dropped cable 4 years ago and got Netflix. Added Prime first of last year. I don't miss cable at all. We have 13 OTA channels.

I've noticed that a lot of tv shows, even the older ones, seem like crap to me now when I watch one for a few minutes.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:35:45 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #1311 on: August 18, 2017, 10:59:51 pm »
Same here, only the most die hard Trekees would spend that.  If I see it in 2020 on Netflix or Amazon Prime, I am not an iota sadder.

I am. I did spend $15.00 for Showtime for SG1.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1312 on: August 18, 2017, 11:20:10 pm »

I am. I did spend $15.00 for Showtime for SG1.

I got a Netflix account last year when they started showing the series based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Daredevil being the first). However, ST:D is below my threshold of "must have".
Let it burn.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #1313 on: August 18, 2017, 11:42:00 pm »
I got a Netflix account last year when they started showing the series based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Daredevil being the first). However, ST:D is below my threshold of "must have".

Considering that CBS All-Access is only $5.95 per month. It is a bargain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1314 on: August 18, 2017, 11:48:38 pm »
STD is an unfortunate designation. I know lots of people pay a lot more money to get that, but really...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1315 on: August 18, 2017, 11:50:54 pm »
STD is an unfortunate designation.

Yep, must be some nasty Klingons there.

Oceander

« Reply #1316 on: August 18, 2017, 11:52:05 pm »
STD is an unfortunate designation. I know lots of people pay a lot more money to get that, but really...

Yes, an STD can be very costly!

:bigsilly:

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1317 on: August 19, 2017, 02:03:31 am »

Considering that CBS All-Access is only $5.95 per month. It is a bargain.

I'm currently paying close to $25/month for three different streaming services. If I keep adding more services, eventually I'll pay just as much for them as we currently do for cable...
Let it burn.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #1318 on: August 19, 2017, 02:04:06 am »

I didn't name it... I just take advantage of the name. :laugh:
Let it burn.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #1319 on: August 19, 2017, 02:26:14 am »
I'm currently paying close to $25/month for three different streaming services. If I keep adding more services, eventually I'll pay just as much for them as we currently do for cable...

What is great, is that we can cancel (unlike cable/satellite service where you literally sell your soul ) anytime.  We only pay for Sling (well we have Hulu but we got a Hulu Card).  Once Star Trek is over we will cancel CBS All-Access.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #1320 on: August 19, 2017, 04:22:23 am »

The freedom of choice is well worth the cost for me.

Offline kevindavis007

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1322 on: August 19, 2017, 11:24:34 pm »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #1323 on: August 19, 2017, 11:29:20 pm »
@kevindavis

Pandorum is a personal favorite with a great twist at the end.

@Cripplecreek

It is one my favorite movies and the most underrated. 

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1324 on: August 19, 2017, 11:38:42 pm »

@Cripplecreek

It is one my favorite movies and the most underrated.

I'm currently rereading Rendezvous with Rama and desperately hoping the can make a decent movie out of it.