Author Topic: Harvard administrators considered using FBI to investigate conservative students for criticizing libs  (Read 1130 times)

rangerrebew

Harvard administrators considered using FBI to investigate conservative students for criticizing libs
April 25, 2016 | BPR Wire | Print Article

DC NEWSBy Blake Neff

Student activists at Harvard Law School (HLS) attempted to use the FBI to track a blog critical of them, while school administrators tried to find the identities of its authors, according to recently leaked emails.

In recent months, activists have formed a group dubbed Royall Must Fall, which has campaigned for a variety of changes at HLS, most notably the removal of the school’s historic seal, which is based on the coat of arms of a slave-owning family. Driving the success behind the seal’s removal was an alleged “hate crime” that occurred in November, when students found black tape covering portraits of black HLS faculty.

Soon after the tape incident, an anonymous blog titled Royall Asses popped up. The blog attacked the Royall Must Fall movement, argued the black tape incident was a false flag hoax, and in particular went after three members (Mawuse H. Vormawor, Alexander J. Clayborne, and Brian Klosterboer) it said may have conspired to perpetrate the hoax. The three students were dubbed the “Royall Asses,” hence the name of the blog. Later, a fourth student, Derecka Purnell, was added as well.

Since the incident, the blog has been mostly dormant, though it recently resurfaced to mock Husam El-Qoulaq, another HLS student who disrupted a recent campus event by calling Israeli politician Tzipi Livni “smelly.”

But the blog definitely attracted the attention of Royall Must Fall. So much so, in fact, that they got Harvard to investigate them, and considered trying to bring in the FBI as well.

This revelation comes from two emails published Friday on Royall Asses, both sent by HLS student Christian Williams to a group of about 40 students that included all three students labeled as “Royall Asses.”

In the first email, sent out Dec. 6, Williams discusses threats that group members have received due to their “racial justice movement,” and says that at her father’s suggestion she plans to report such threats to the FBI. Williams doesn’t just stop at reporting threats, though. She also says that if Vormawor, Klosterboer and Clayborne give their permission, she would ask the FBI to start monitoring the Royall Asses blog, even though the blog had made no threats against them.

In the second email, Williams discusses a meeting with three HLS administrators, who apparently told her that Harvard’s IT department and police department were both trying to find out the identities of the person (or people) behind the Royall Asses blog.

Royall Asses claims that it came into possession of the two emails because one of the people Williams contacted was appalled that the student activists and Harvard itself would use “Gestapo tactics to invade student privacy.” That student forwarded the emails to Royall Asses.

If Williams’ emails accurately represent Harvard’s actions, then it suggests Harvard attempted to investigate (and potentially expose) its own students simply for running a blog that criticized left-wing elements on campus.

It’s not the first time Harvard has entered into dicey territory when it comes to privacy. In 2013, Harvard College Dean Evelynn Hammonds resigned shortly after the revelation Harvard had searched the email accounts of school deans in an effort to identify the person responsible for leaking information to the press.

The effort to root out the identity of the Royall Asses blogger also stands in contrast to Harvard’s handling of the El-Qoulaq case. Even though El-Qoulaq’s stunt occurred at a public event, Harvard attempted to obscure his identity, even censoring out his offensive question from a video of the event.

The Daily Caller News Foundation reached out to the three administrators named in Williams’ email, as well as Williams herself, but has not yet received a reply.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/04/25/harvard-administrators-considered-using-fbi-to-investigate-conservative-students-for-criticizing-libs-333200#ixzz46w1pgexv

Online mountaineer

Thank goodness we can trust Obama's FBI to guard civil liberties.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

A clear example that 1st Amendment rights to free speech have been killed by liberalism. :thud:

geronl

In a sane world the FBI would have never even considered getting involved.

but you know, leftists aren't any different than Stalinists once they have power

Online LMAO

This, along with criminalizing dissenting viewpoints regarding Anthopogenic Global warming, er, I mean, climate change, er I mean climate crisis, is only going to get worse as the folly of the left's beliefs get further and further exposed.

When an animal is cornered, it's natural instinct is to irrationally lash out in defense. In the arena of open and free debate, conservative "orthodoxy" is based on reason and facts. The left's is based on emotions and feelings

That is why left leaning students are demanding "safe spaces" from alternate, more specifically conservative, viewpoints
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

rangerrebew

That is why left leaning students are demanding "safe spaces" from alternate, more specifically conservative, viewpoints

Or, maybe, they are a bunch of deadbeat wimps. :thud:  By the way, welcome to the Briefing Room. 0005a  I see you became part of the group yesterday and you are making your presence known by active posting.  Thanks and keep the ideas flowing. *look* :headbang:

Online LMAO

Or, maybe, they are a bunch of deadbeat wimps. :thud:  By the way, welcome to the Briefing Room. 0005a  I see you became part of the group yesterday and you are making your presence known by active posting.  Thanks and keep the ideas flowing. *look* :headbang:

I still peek in the "Welcome Room" for exiled conservatives from FR but I feel my wings are dried out enough to fly around this fine site.

I just saw the writing on the wall at FR and decided to take myself and my donations elsewhere.

But back to the topic. It's more than just the fact that they are deadbeat wimps. They are the result of the University mindset of feeding their victimhood. I'm not going to tell black students that they need to get over slavery or the general treatment of blacks in this country's history as that is part of their history. But that doesn't mean we should be enforcing and coddling their victim status. The University system have and now you see the results. And this mindset wont be turned around with conservatism, either. People would rather be victims than take responsibility for their own selves as wallowing in victim hood is the path of least resistance. Becoming an employable functioning member of society takes work and effort and that's were the "deadbeat wimps" assessment applies
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:40:38 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

rangerrebew

I guess the issue of where this victimhood started could go on for years.  My guess would be just before the Civil War and shortly after when all the southern democrats were trying to distance themselves from slavery by claiming they were victims of some sort.  When people so people going to the pity parties of the south, a new movement was born, PMS (Poor Me Syndrome) and has been building for decades.  My daughter is quite the liberal and was stunned the other day when I told her I felt no guilt whatsoever over slavery.  I informed her I wasn't there and therefore not responsible for any of that slave crap and wouldn't assume ownership.  She lives in Chicago and I asked her if she feels responsible for all the murders by blacks there?  Well, no.  Exactly!  You didn't do it, so you aren't responsible.

Online mountaineer

Bravo, ranger! One of my ancestors was a Confederate sniper but too poor to own any slaves. I sure as heck am not going to apologize for him or anyone else.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org