Author Topic: Soccer!  (Read 8057 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Soccer!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 07:20:37 pm »
In  America soccer puts crowds to sleep, it doesn't make them riot unless they are forced to watch the game.

World cup was fun. Other than that I agree.

That being said, I do wish the MLS the best of luck. Soccer fans should be able to enjoy soccer to their heart's content.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 01:22:41 am »
Mexico USA, France Romania today, some games can be exciting.

But many do falter.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 02:40:37 am »

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/marseilles-fresh-clashes-between-england-8159355

You surprise me GeronL;  I thought maybe you'd feel comfy in a crowd like this.

That two finger salute, I guess, it's not the same as giving the finger but it conveys a similar message.

I've read articles on it, I still can not pin down its origins. You find a lot of stories.

geronl

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 02:47:24 am »

You surprise me GeronL;  I thought maybe you'd feel comfy in a crowd like this.

You think a guy who doesn't drink, smoke or curse would feel at home in that... lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:21:12 am by geronl »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2016, 02:55:55 am »
Soccer...unassailable proof that the rest of the world really IS that f$&#*d up
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline TomSea

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 04:21:19 pm »
Soccer...unassailable proof that the rest of the world really IS that f$&#*d up

Yeah, maybe they need some sport that gives them concussions like pro-football so they can study people's brains after they kill themselves or something real athletic like baseball. Or some sport better suited for males 6'5" and taller.

"f$&#*d up"   :nometalk:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:23:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 10:04:14 pm »
Yeah, maybe they need some sport that gives them concussions like pro-football so they can study people's brains after they kill themselves or something real athletic like baseball. Or some sport better suited for males 6'5" and taller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaGWGAMjus
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 10:05:29 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

geronl

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 10:18:10 pm »
Soccer is a good remedy for insomnia

:silly:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2016, 01:18:37 am »
Wales won, this is when the sport is rewarding to follow!

Not a lot of excitement here but some nice graphics.
Fairly good tournament, a lot of people say the tournament has gotten too big.

Wales has Gareth Bale, definitely considered one of the best players in the world as naturally, Ronaldo is as well.

geronl

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2016, 01:22:17 am »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2016, 02:28:33 am »

@TomSea
Or they should embrace a truly beautiful sport like hockey or even better, the creators game: lacrosse.

Amazing athletic talent, actually has scoring, heck actually has more than 3 shots per game, everyone actually know when the game is gonna end and anybody rolling around like they've had their leg broken would be laughed at AND the guy who does have his leg broken would rub some dirt on it and get back in the game
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2016, 11:44:48 am »

:smokin: :whistle:

It's a joke! I'm actually not a huge professional sports fan. But I enjoy watching football.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 03:31:16 am »

<bigotted image snipped, what's new? Using the "N" word"? Can we say Basketball is for? Hey, what are the percentages in the NBA?>
 :smokin: :whistle:

It's a joke! I'm actually not a huge professional sports fan. But I enjoy watching football.

Let's see, Rugby fans would say the same about American Football.

Concussions, stars killing themselves, stadiums being built with taxpayer dollars.

National Felons League.

And how about that, the most popular sport can be played by anyone, no matter what the size, color of the players.

The World Cup winners for the last 3 times have been Germany, Spain and Italy.  Hmmm. But enjoy the NFL and NBA! There's some difference, I just can't put my finger on it.

Euro Winners, Portugal today, before Spain 2 times and then Greece.

:whistle: :tongue2:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:22:16 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 03:57:09 am »
Denver Broncos, Super bowl winners:

Germany, World Cup winners:
 :whistle:

Oh, but we've got to remember, blacks are the best athletes, er, do you hear that World Cup?

Maybe those who are so critical of soccer don't like sports, the world's most popular that white people actually do well in.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:30:30 am by TomSea »

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 03:42:47 pm »
Let's see, Rugby fans would say the same about American Football.

Concussions, stars killing themselves, stadiums being built with taxpayer dollars.

National Felons League.

And how about that, the most popular sport can be played by anyone, no matter what the size, color of the players.

The World Cup winners for the last 3 times have been Germany, Spain and Italy.  Hmmm. But enjoy the NFL and NBA! There's some difference, I just can't put my finger on it.

Euro Winners, Portugal today, before Spain 2 times and then Greece.

:whistle: :tongue2:

Rugby fans would be wrong. The concussion controversy proves it. I have nothing against Rugby but the NFL is a violent enough sport.

No reason to get butthurt, what I posted was a joke.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2016, 04:07:00 am »
There you are; 2016 Champions, Seattle Sounders; Panamanian Torres got the winning penalty kick.

Seattle had had some fine teams in recent years but were jinxed to get to the final, so, not my team, but they deserve it. Toronto played well; shootouts are lotteries.

Box Score: http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2016/12/11/united-states/mls/toronto-fc/seattle-sounders-fc/2376734/?ICID=HP_MS_03_01

Big Congrats to them!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:15:13 am by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 04:11:50 am »
There you are; 2016 Champions, Seattle Sounders; Panamanian Torres got the winning penalty kick.

Seattle had had some fine teams in recent years but were jinxed to get to the final, so, not my team, but they deserve it. Toronto played well; shootouts are lotteries.

Box Score: http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2016/12/11/united-states/mls/toronto-fc/seattle-sounders-fc/2376734/?ICID=HP_MS_03_01

Big Congrats to them!

Seattle wins without registering a single shot on goal.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 04:15:51 am »
I think Toronto probably was slightly more deserving...but "it's a funny ol' game" as they say.

geronl

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2016, 04:36:35 am »
Seattle wins without registering a single shot on goal.

:shrug: :tongue2: :nometalk:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2016, 03:20:57 pm »

Big Congrats to them!

First soccer game I èver watched and the 0 to 0 score was a good reminder of why I don't watch the game. But a huge congratulations to my Seattle Sounders.  And às a first time viewer one observation I had was how much pain these guys will endure. With painful hamstring pulls, that would have any NFL player carted off the field, these guys lift themselves off the field, limp a few steps and then go back right at it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2016, 03:40:43 pm »
First soccer game I èver watched and the 0 to 0 score was a good reminder of why I don't watch the game. But a huge congratulations to my Seattle Sounders.  And às a first time viewer one observation I had was how much pain these guys will endure. With painful hamstring pulls, that would have any NFL player carted off the field, these guys lift themselves off the field, limp a few steps and then go back right at it.

Why can't they change the 0-0 crap for American audiences? I don't get it.

Sudden death. It works well.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 07:40:08 pm »

Why can't they change the 0-0 crap for American audiences? I don't get it.

Sudden death. It works well.

Sudden death when there could be 3 hours between goals doesn't work real well. That's why after 2 over time periods they resort to the penalty kickoff.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 09:08:33 pm »

If one ever gets a chance to see a Seattle Sounders game, even on TV, their support is unreal compared to most MLS clubs I have seen with the exception of their opponent last night, Toronto. They both do very well in that department.

Maybe other clubs have that same kind of dynamic support, I'm unsure.

Of course, the Sounders are a throw back to the old Seattle Sounders in the NASL; mentioned
last night during the game.

NavyCanDo; do you ever see those Puffins out there? Those sure are unique birds.

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2016, 10:21:46 pm »
Sudden death when there could be 3 hours between goals doesn't work real well. That's why after 2 over time periods they resort to the penalty kickoff.

That's a good point.