Poll

If TED Cruz is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General Election?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
137 (95.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
3 (2.1%)
I WILL WRITE IN DONALD TRUMP!
3 (2.1%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 03:53:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #1) VOTE! IF CRUZ IS THE NOMINEE, WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 10998 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS.   :seeya:

There will be 2 polls!
We haven't done a poll in a while and this seems like a good time to edo TW0 :nometalk:

After the convention, will you vote for Ted Cruz?

This is an anonymous vote. You can only vote once.

you may discuss on the thread, unless it gets out of hand :beer:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:55:40 am by Repub4Trump »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: (POLL #1) VOTE! IF CRUZ IS THE NOMINEE, WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 04:03:29 am »
BUMP

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 04:51:21 am »
Looks like even on our forum Cruz is electable.  Something like 89% would vote for him.  On the Trump poll it was something like 49%.  I don't know why any Conservative would vote for Trump.  I don't watch FOX News any longer.  I wonder why I ever thought it was a Conservative News Source?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 11:03:47 am »
Looks like even on our forum Cruz is electable.  Something like 89% would vote for him.  On the Trump poll it was something like 49%.  I don't know why any Conservative would vote for Trump.  I don't watch FOX News any longer.  I wonder why I ever thought it was a Conservative News Source?

FOX seemed Conservative, because the rest of the field was so outrageously Liberal. They never claimed to be anything but "fair and balanced", and I think that was reasonably accurate. They were actually in the middle. There hasn't been Conservative TV since...well, since...Huntley and Brinkley.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 12:12:48 pm »
FOX seemed Conservative, because the rest of the field was so outrageously Liberal. They never claimed to be anything but "fair and balanced", and I think that was reasonably accurate. They were actually in the middle. There hasn't been Conservative TV since...well, since...Huntley and Brinkley.

Well in my world Fox is the 2016 MSNBC..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 03:21:08 pm »
As i posted on the Trump poll,  There are only about `10 trump voters here.
Comparable to a Republican running for mayor of Chicago :silly:

A-Lert

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 12:42:06 am »
I'll vote for the GOP nominee to keep Hillary from the White House.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 03:10:41 am »
Just another little quibble with the questions:  I would vote Cruz because I can deal with his policies and positions (I'm not happy as a clam with him, but the folks I preferred have all dropped out by now), not simply because he was nominated at the convention.  If being picked at the convention were the only basis on which I would vote, then I'd vote for Trump if he were nominated; however, as I have been at pains to make clear the last week or so, I will never, ever, ever vote for Trump.  Not in the primary and not in the general.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 01:10:12 pm »

Well in my world Fox is the 2016 MSNBC..
FOX has made a general left shift, but they are still closer to the middle. But what makes up the middle now used to be called the left shoulder... I wish I could find my Au H2O bumper sticker.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 02:37:41 pm »
Depends would probable  write in trump  :whistle:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 06:45:42 pm »
Just another little quibble with the questions:  I would vote Cruz because I can deal with his policies and positions (I'm not happy as a clam with him, but the folks I preferred have all dropped out by now), not simply because he was nominated at the convention.  If being picked at the convention were the only basis on which I would vote, then I'd vote for Trump if he were nominated; however, as I have been at pains to make clear the last week or so, I will never, ever, ever vote for Trump.  Not in the primary and not in the general.

Agree.  There are LOTS more reasons that I would vote for Cruz than just "he was nominated at the convention."  He's a principled Conservative who knows and loves the Constitution.  THAT is why I would vote for him (or WILL vote for him WHEN he becomes our nominee.  ^-^ )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:56 am »
"If we lose our freedom here, where will we go? ... This is our fight.  And it's not enough for conservative leaders to just say they're leading.  They need to show it with action, not with just words.  They need to stand with you, rather than only asking you to stand with them.  And they need to listen to you, rather than lecturing you -- because only when elected representative in Washington start listening to the American people will we reignite the Promise of America."
   -Ted Cruz   :patriot:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 05:16:11 am »
Agree.  There are LOTS more reasons that I would vote for Cruz than just "he was nominated at the convention."  He's a principled Conservative who knows and loves the Constitution.  THAT is why I would vote for him (or WILL vote for him WHEN he becomes our nominee.  ^-^ )

The "principled conservative" hooking up with liberal Kasich?  :facepalm2:

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 09:28:22 am »
Many conservatives will stay home if Trump is the nominee.  His is a blatantly hostile, hostile takeover.  Three years ago he was a brazen liberal.  Now, as he approaches his 70th birthday, he wants to pretend he's a conservative.  Our memories cannot be so short that we do not see through him.  His campaign exposed very well his weird childish character.  And, if elected, he'd be all over the map because he has no core convictions, and certainly is not a conservative.  His supporters now often do not know or do not care what he says.  He could quote Karl Marx, Mussolini, Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders and still get their vote.  And what almost is as bad is that if you were to quote him you'd think his words were that of someone who has no idea how to improve America, let alone make it great.   

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 10:08:29 am »
Many conservatives will stay home if Trump is the nominee.  His is a blatantly hostile, hostile takeover.  Three years ago he was a brazen liberal.  Now, as he approaches his 70th birthday, he wants to pretend he's a conservative.  Our memories cannot be so short that we do not see through him.  His campaign exposed very well his weird childish character.  And, if elected, he'd be all over the map because he has no core convictions, and certainly is not a conservative.  His supporters now often do not know or do not care what he says.  He could quote Karl Marx, Mussolini, Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders and still get their vote.  And what almost is as bad is that if you were to quote him you'd think his words were that of someone who has no idea how to improve America, let alone make it great.

What "blatant liberal" would contribute nearly a half million dollars to the Republican party over the last decade? What "blatant liberal" wants state reciprosity for concealed carry?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 10:39:57 am »
Who would vote for Hillary over Cruz?

A-Lert

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 10:48:07 am »

How stupid would a person have to be to vote for a sexual predator enabler?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 01:33:23 pm »

There is at least one avid Trump supporter who said he would vote for Hillary.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Bill Cipher

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 01:50:22 pm »
What "blatant liberal" would contribute nearly a half million dollars to the Republican party over the last decade? What "blatant liberal" wants state reciprosity for concealed carry?

In terms of money: the guy who wants to buy off politicians so he can get them to do favors for him, like using eminent domain to steal people's homes and give them to hm to build failed developments. 

It's the heighth of hypocrisy to dismiss Cruz as having been bought by Goldman Sachs without any evidence that he did their bidding and in the same breath ignore the proven corruption in Trump (because we know that he has gotten governments to use eminent domain as a favor to him).  The facts show Trump is corrupt on this point, period. 

As for reciprocity: other than his own self-serving words - which we know from his own book he won't honor if he doesn't want to - what evidence do you have that he would in fact push for reciprocity?  None. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 03:08:49 pm »
There is at least one avid Trump supporter who said he would vote for Hillary.

Here? Who?

Offline musiclady

A-Lert

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 06:04:16 pm »
In terms of money: the guy who wants to buy off politicians so he can get them to do favors for him, like using eminent domain to steal people's homes and give them to hm to build failed developments. 

It's the heighth of hypocrisy to dismiss Cruz as having been bought by Goldman Sachs without any evidence that he did their bidding and in the same breath ignore the proven corruption in Trump (because we know that he has gotten governments to use eminent domain as a favor to him).  The facts show Trump is corrupt on this point, period. 

As for reciprocity: other than his own self-serving words - which we know from his own book he won't honor if he doesn't want to - what evidence do you have that he would in fact push for reciprocity?  None.

Are you now accusing the Republican party of accepting bribe money?

Who "dismissed Cruz as having been bought by Goldman Sachs"?

What other candidate has spoken in favor of concealed carry reciprocity?

Offline Tallyhoe

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:21 am »
Absolutely I'm 100% for Ted Cruz!!!

Offline Nickname

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 12:22:25 pm »
In a heartbeat!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 12:39:25 pm »
Not my 1st choice (cause I want to WIN)....but of course, it's a no-brainer!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald