Author Topic: Baseball 2016---Season On!  (Read 39508 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Baseball 2016---Season On!
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 08:29:18 pm »
*sigh*
Go Braves.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Wingnut

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 09:37:39 pm »
Just a Note:  Cubs still sporting the best Record in MLB.  18-6.

I ain't afraid of no Billy Goat curse.
 :0001:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:38:19 pm by Wingnut »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2016, 02:22:58 am »
Just a Note:  Cubs still sporting the best Record in MLB.  18-6.

I ain't afraid of no Billy Goat curse.
 :0001:

The next few days are going to be great...we have my Washington NATIONALS coming into Wrigley Field after sweeping 3 from the St. Louis Cardinals and 2 of 3 from the World Champion ROYALS in their own park!

The NATS have better-than-expected results from Josh Ross, to complement the 5-0 Stephen Strasburg.   He is scheduled to start tomorrow.

Let's talk again this weekend.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2016, 02:29:17 am »
MLB Power Rankings, CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/25577074/mlb-power-rankings-royals-hit-speed-bump-yankees-free-falling

As opposed to a lot of people, as said, I enjoy seeing power ratings though I think they largely go by won-loss record, "if the season were to end today, where the teams would end up".

Cubs
White Sox
Senators
Mets
Mariners
Rangers
Orioles
Pirates
Red Sox
Royals

Giants
Dodgers
Tigers
Blue Jays
Cardinals
Phillies
Marlins
A's
Indians
Rays

Angels
Rockies
Diamondbacks
Brewers
Padres
Reds
Astros
Twins
Yankees
Braves

Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2016, 02:50:09 am »
The next few days are going to be great...we have my Washington NATIONALS coming into Wrigley Field after sweeping 3 from the St. Louis Cardinals and 2 of 3 from the World Champion ROYALS in their own park!

The NATS have better-than-expected results from Josh Ross, to complement the 5-0 Stephen Strasburg.   He is scheduled to start tomorrow.

Let's talk again this weekend.    :beer:

I'm liking the match-up.  Cubs took 3 from the Bucs and now they play 4 games in The Friendly Confines.    The wind always blows out in May.   Look for some Apollo shots...by both clubs.

Wingnut

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:48 pm »
Chicago the Center of the Baseball Universe Thursday(5/5/16)

Any questions about Chicago’s status as the center of the baseball universe will be put to rest on Thursday night as four first place teams take the field in the Windy City.
On the South Side, the American League Central-leading Chicago White Sox will wrap up a series with the AL East-leading Boston Red Sox.  Just eight miles north, the two best teams in the National League will square off, as the Central-leading Cubs welcome the East-leading Washington Nationals to Wrigley Field.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-the-Center-of-the-Baseball-Universe-Thursday-378307921.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2016, 09:35:24 pm »
Chicago the Center of the Baseball Universe Thursday(5/5/16)

Love it.  Play ball!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2016, 08:15:23 pm »
OKAY!   This is bullsh*t!

My NATS are getting their a$$es handed to them by the Cubbies...AGAIN!!

This time, it's $270 MILLION "Ace", Max Sherzer, who has been throwing batting practice for Home Run Derby all afternoon.

And the NATS can't solve 'old man' John Lackey....no matter what uniform the SOB is wearing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:48 pm »
Man oh man.  There is nothing that takes me back to my youth more than a Day game at Wrigley Field.  Well unless it is a Double Header. 

DC, I'm not gonna gloat.  It is early in the season.... and I still have flashbacks and breakout in cold sweats thinking about that awful year......

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2016, 08:45:02 pm »
The new, revamped Phillies pitching staff has thrown six shutouts already!   (We just suffered our first shutout loss yesterday, to the Cards.)   

Phils seem to be able to pitch, but goshomighty, we can't hit a lick.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2016, 08:56:18 pm »
Nat are coming back 6-8.  The wind is a blowing!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2016, 09:14:39 pm »
Man oh man.  There is nothing that takes me back to my youth more than a Day game at Wrigley Field.  Well unless it is a Double Header. 

DC, I'm not gonna gloat.  It is early in the season.... and I still have flashbacks and breakout in cold sweats thinking about that awful year......

:beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2016, 09:16:56 pm »
The new, revamped Phillies pitching staff has thrown six shutouts already!   (We just suffered our first shutout loss yesterday, to the Cards.)   

Phils seem to be able to pitch, but goshomighty, we can't hit a lick.

Yeah...you guyz spanked us...in freaking DC just before this road trip now...(6-3)

Wingnut

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 11:44:32 pm »
FYI.   Cubs win again against the Nats today in a wild one..  CXubs 3-0 in the 4 game series. 

That is all. :beer:

Wingnut

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2016, 12:13:49 am »
It was a sweep.  I must say I understand why the Cubs Screwed Harper like a tied up goat.... But it would have been nice to see if he could hit the pitches.  :(

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 12:48:17 am »
Go Cubbies..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 07:26:04 am »
It was a sweep.  I must say I understand why the Cubs Screwed Harper like a tied up goat.... But it would have been nice to see if he could hit the pitches.  :(

UGH!!

Something like 21 baserunners stranded yesterday.

Half the lineup is hitting about .200.    :nometalk:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2016, 01:11:18 am »
NATS-TIGERS GEM TONITE!

As we speak...MAX SCHERZER is facing former NAT pitcher Jordan Zimmermann.

NATS SS Danny Espinosa just went deep on Zimmermann for a 3-1 lead.

But the reason for the post?

Max Scherzer has just struck out his EIGHTEENTH (18th) consecutive batter over 6 innings.   
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:16:34 am by DCPatriot »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2016, 01:19:02 am »
NATS-TIGERS GEM TONITE!

As we speak...MAX SCHERZER is facing former NAT pitcher Jordan Zimmermann.

NATS SS Danny Espinosa just went deep on Zimmermann for a 3-1 lead.

But the reason for the post?

Max Scherzer has just struck out his EIGHTEENTH (18th) consecutive batter over 6 innings.

I know it is early, but we could see a Cubs - Nats NL Championship series this year.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2016, 01:23:11 am »

I know it is early, but we could see a Cubs - Nats NL Championship series this year.

Hell...the NATS can't play with the Cubs.  But sure would be exciting a week before the election.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2016, 01:38:29 am »
Braves win!!  Braves win!!

Thought I'd go ahead and say it since I get so few chances lately ....

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2016, 01:47:30 am »
Hell...the NATS can't play with the Cubs.  But sure would be exciting a week before the election.

I agree.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2016, 01:51:27 am »
Braves win!!  Braves win!!

Thought I'd go ahead and say it since I get so few chances lately ....

:beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2016, 01:53:14 am »
Max Scherzer tied the major league record for number of strikeouts in a nine inning game.

He fanned 20, and was 2 strikes away from breaking the record.

Threw 119 pitches.  96 for strikes.   

Wingnut

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2016, 01:14:26 pm »
Bryce Harpers record setting 4 game series with the Cuns.

1. Bryce Harper became the first player in the history of baseball to make seven plate appearances without having an official at-bat.

2. Those six walks in a single game were just the fourth time that's ever happened in MLB history.

3. Harper's series against the Cubs: BB, BB, single, BB, out, K, K, BB, BB, sac fly, BB, IBB, BB, BB, IBB, HBP, BB, IBB, IBB.

4. The Nats' right-fielder saw 27 pitches on Sunday. Two were strikes. That's a 93/7 ball to strike ratio.

5. Harper didn't have an official at bat on Saturday either, giving him a current streak of 11 plate appearances without one.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/bryce-harper-walks-washington-nationals-record-six-walks-chicago-cubs-intentionally-walk-050916