Author Topic: College students tremble at Trump's name in sidewalk chalk. 'I don't deserve to feel afraid at my school'  (Read 801 times)

rangerrebew

College students tremble at Trump's name in sidewalk chalk
'I don't deserve to feel afraid at my school'
Published: 12 hours ago

College students in Atlanta, Georgia, are so “afraid” of Donald Trump that even his name written in chalk prompts pleas for administrators to take action.

Do you support Trump? Tell the world with this brand new bumper sticker: “DONALD TRUMPS THE REST”

Dozens of Emory University students converged on the school’s administration building Monday to discuss the “pain” they felt over seeing the Republican front-runner’s name scrawled in chalk across campus. Emory’s College Council and Student Government Association also blasted emails to their contact lists, the Emory Wheel reported Wednesday.

Images of the campus’ pro-Trump messages were posted by the college website the Tab on Monday. The innocuous messages say “Trump,” “Trump 2016” and “Vote Trump” on sidewalks, along railings and up concrete stairs.

University President Wagner told students that school officials would review surveillance footage “by the hospital [from] security cameras” to identify suspects so a conduct-violation process could begin, the Emory Wheel reported. Wagner said anyone who wrote the messages who did not belong to the school would be charged with trespassing if caught.

“I’m supposed to feel comfortable and safe [here],” a student told school officials, the website reported. “But this man is being supported by students on our campus and our administration shows that they, by their silence, support it as well. … I don’t deserve to feel afraid at my school.”

College sophomore Jonathan Peraza asked a group of students what they were feeling and they replied with “fear” and “frustration.”

“You are not listening! Come speak to us. We are in pain!” Peraza exclaimed outside the school’s Goodrich C. White Hall.

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2016/03/trump-rally_scare_ohio.jpg
Donald Trump is shielded by Secret Service agents as a protester tries to rush the stage in Cleveland, Ohio

Donald Trump is shielded by Secret Service agents as a protester tries to rush the stage in Dayton, Ohio

Reason magazine’s Robby Soave, who does not support Trump, ridiculed Emory’s decision to try and placate its frightened students.

“If Emory’s administration wants to run a university where political activism is prohibited, it has that right. But that seems like a difficult rule to defend. Shouldn’t college students be encouraged to engage in political advocacy? Isn’t that educational?” Soave wrote Wednesday.

Trump, who is closing in on winning the Republican Party’s 2016 presidential nomination, has dealt with much more than chalk scribbles over the past few months.

Some of the threats leveled against the billionaire and his supporters include:

December 2015: Calls for Trump’s assassination began on social media sites.
    March 3: An Egyptian flight-school student, Emadeldin Elsayed, captures national headlines after making online threats about killing Trump. He is jailed in Orange, California, and his visa is revoked.
    March 3: Grammy-winning artist Chris Brown encourages mobs of black people “50 deep” to provoke Trump supporters at the candidate’s rallies. The Instagram post has since been deleted.
    March 4: The hacking group Anonymous reiterates on YouTube that it will wage a digital war against Trump.
    March 11: Thousands of protesters in Chicago, Illinois, sparks security fears and a Trump rally is canceled.
    March 12: Trump needs to be shielded by FBI agents in Dayton, Ohio, after protester Thomas Dimassimo rushes the stage. The man was charged with disorderly conduct and inducing a panic.

Trump had another big night on Tuesday despite persistent threats. He won 58 delegates in Arizona’s primary election to bring his count to 678. The billionaire will win the Republican nomination if he can hold off Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and reach 1,237 delegates by the party’s convention in Cleveland, Ohio, in July.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/college-students-tremble-at-trumps-name-in-sidewalk-chalk/#KiqeQbSduXOSxuhL.99

rangerrebew

Before they go to bed do these students need a night light to keep away the boogie man?  A soft bankey?  A glass of warm milk?  Someone to read them a story?  A teddy bear?  Emory needs to insure they feel safe. :3:

Bill Cipher

Poor little babies.  This is college, not nursery school; it is not supposed to be a safe space.

rangerrebew

Poor little babies.  This is college, not nursery school; it is not supposed to be a safe space.

Can you imagine these delicate children if ever they had to serve in the military? :scared smiley: :doa:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald