Author Topic: Michigan Schools To Let Students Choose Gender, Name And Bathroom  (Read 1902 times)

rangerrebew

Michigan Schools To Let Students Choose Gender, Name And Bathroom

Posted By Peter Hasson On 6:58 AM 03/21/2016 In | No Comments

Michigan’s State Board of Education has drafted a guidance that would push the state’s schools to allow all students, regardless of parental or doctoral input, to choose their gender, name, pronouns, and bathrooms.

Spearheaded by board president John C. Austin and signed by state superintendent Brian Whiston, the guidance informs Michigan public schools that only the students themselves–i.e. not their parents or doctors–can determine what their individual gender identities are.

“The responsibility for determining a student’s gender identity rests with the student. Outside confirmation from medical or mental health professionals, or documentation of legal changes, is not needed,” the guidance states.

Gender identity is defined in the guidance as “a person’s deeply held internal sense or psychological knowledge of their own gender, regardless of the biological sex they were assigned at birth.”

Notably, the guidance makes no mention of a student’s age affecting whether or not they can pick a gender without their parent or doctor.

In fact, the guidance seems to intentionally cut parents out of the process.

The guidance states: “School staff should address students by their chosen name and pronouns that correspond to their gender identity, regardless of whether there has been a legal name change.”

Students can even ask to have their chosen name and gender “included in the district’s information management systems, in addition to the student’s legal name.”

But what about when school staff members are speaking with parents about their son or daughter?

The guidance states that “Transgender and GNC [gender nonconforming] students have the right to decide when, with whom, and to what extent to share private information.”

Accordingly, the board makes clear, “When contacting the parent/guardian of a transgender or GNC student, school staff should use the student’s legal name and the pronoun corresponding to the student’s assigned sex at birth, unless the student or parent/guardian has specified otherwise.”

In other words, a boy named “Jake” could become a girl named “Jane” at school, seemingly without his parents ever knowing.

Names, pronouns, and genders aren’t the only things the board wants students to choose.

The guidance informs schools that “Students should be allowed to use the restroom in accordance with their gender identity.”

And the board makes clear that single-stall bathrooms are not inclusive enough: “Alternative and non-stigmatizing options, such as an all-gender or singleuser restroom (e.g., staff bathroom or nurse’s office), should be made available to students who request them, but not presented as the only option.”

Locker rooms also should become inclusive of students’ many gender identities. “A student should not be required to use a locker room that is incongruent with their gender identity,” the guidance states. “Locker room usage should be determined on a case-by-case basis, using the guiding principles of safety and honoring the student’s gender identity and expression.”

Students who are bothered by having members of the opposite sex in their locker rooms can request “an adjusted changing schedule” or “use of a private area in the facility.”

[dcquiz] The purpose of the guidance, according to the document, is to further the state’s “goals of cultivating and sustaining caring, supportive, respectful, and affirming learning environments that provide for the education, safety, and welfare of all students.”

The board quietly issued the statement and guidance on February 23rd, without a press release. The public has only until April 11th to comment on the proposed guidance, according to the Department of Education website. The board will finalize the guidance at a meeting on May 10th.

Board president John Austin did not immediately reply to The Daily Caller’s request for comment.

Follow Peter Hasson on Twitter @PeterJHasson

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/21/michigan-schools-to-let-students-choose-gender-name-and-bathroom/

Bill Cipher

Re: Michigan Schools To Let Students Choose Gender, Name And Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:25 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 04:57:12 pm »
The guidance states that “Transgender and GNC [gender nonconforming] students have the right to decide when, with whom, and to what extent to share private information.”

This right here is about opening the door to pedophilia, and the parent never knowing it's happening. The liberals want to bugger your children, pure and simple.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:11:37 pm »
Now if only they could "allow" a kid who's 5'2", overweight and uncoordinated choose to be a 6'5" basketball star. Just as realistic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:01:04 pm »
Michigan has a large Muslim population. Coincidence?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »
The big question is, can I chose my own hair color? Can I chose my own height and weight.

Since reality means nothing, then I am 6'4" and a blonde God.

Where does it end? What if one day I decide I want to be Darth Vader? Is everyone 'required' to play along, under penalty of law?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 07:40:51 pm »
Michigan has a large Muslim population. Coincidence?

It also a very liberal state.  I wonder how many girls will be boys and go to the loo where the muzzies go?  If they want to be males for a day are muzzies "duty bound" not to molest them?  Muzzies have shown male or female molestation is of no real consequence so will guys who want to be girls be molested?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:43:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 07:58:00 pm »
It also a very liberal state.  I wonder how many girls will be boys and go to the loo where the muzzies go?  If they want to be males for a day are muzzies "duty bound" not to molest them?  Muzzies have shown male or female molestation is of no real consequence so will guys who want to be girls be molested?
I wonder if muzzies will let these bathrooms continue to be for both genders if they get full on sharia?

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 08:04:16 pm »
I wonder if muzzies will let these bathrooms continue to be for both genders if they get full on sharia?

If they go full sharia, the schools will have to have a room for gays only.  The muzzies will know who the gays are and if they are under sharia, the gays may find themselves flying off the top of the Chrysler building without a parachute.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 08:07:06 pm »

This is the definition of Liberal insanity. When a Muslim molestes a boy who is a girl who is also Darth Vader, what is the charge? Are they charged with disturbing the force?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 08:19:52 pm »
It is a fact that Muslims kill gays and all that other weird crap,  LGBT, whatever that is supposed to be.

They throw them off buildings. They do it every day, for the sake of Allah. The Holy God in the sky who hates women and gays.

This is the God of the Liberals.

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 08:21:09 pm »
This is the definition of Liberal insanity. When a Muslim molestes a boy who is a girl who is also Darth Vader, what is the charge? Are they charged with disturbing the force?

:mauslaff: 000hehehehe :bigsilly:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 08:28:34 pm »
This is the definition of Liberal insanity. When a Muslim molests a boy who is a girl who is also Darth Vader, what is the charge? Are they charged with disturbing the force?

Is that a light saber in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Seriously, though. Where are we going, and why are we all in this hand basket?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 11:47:24 pm »
If they go full sharia, the schools will have to have a room for gays only.  The muzzies will know who the gays are and if they are under sharia, the gays may find themselves flying off the top of the Chrysler building without a parachute.
Yep................which is what always has amazed me. Sharia will kill gays first. They have not a clue.

rangerrebew

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 09:07:53 pm »
While republicans control both houses of the legislature, 8 of 10 board members are democrats - therefore this issue.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 12:46:01 am »

I forget that Michigan is home to Dearbornistan. That might make things interesting.
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 12:51:48 am »

Well, if the girl declared she was a he... named Allah,  then the Muslim would have to die for harming Allah.

Btw: I declare myself Allah.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:53:00 am by HonestJohn »

rangerrebew

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »
I don't believe you are being "honest." :silly: