Author Topic: TCG - Some more rules/standards for the Trump Caucus Group sub-forum  (Read 3798 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Hi.  Alice here - I'm the mod for the TCG - Trump Caucus Group here at The Briefing Room.  I've posted a few rules in the original sticky heading up this group and so far, it's been working great!

However, some more have come to mind as we're making our way.

The main rule is that this is a caucus area for support of Donald Trump.  For those who are not sure what that means - it's simple.  It's not unlike being at a real caucus where each candidate has an area where people can come and ask questions and receive information in support of that candidate.  No anti-Trump commentary is allowed here.  I think most people understand how it works - although there are a few that don't seem to....or don't want to.

But, as they say, them's the rules.

The new rule that I feel the need to add, is one that is the same in the main forum.  No personal attacks.  We won't attack each other and we won't single out individuals who are members of the forum to attack - even if we strenuously disagree with them.  That's not to say that we won't call out any "trolls" that come on the site to promote divisive discourse - had one today we had to delete that was well aware of what they were doing.  They'll be called out and then deleted - that is just plain old defense.  But we won't continue to disparage them after that.

New rule - no personal attacks on members inside or outside this Caucus Group. 

And we do appreciate the non-Trump supporters who have come in and participated with us in a civil and respectful way.  It is how we would want to behave if we were face to face.

Thank you all - and have a nice day!   :patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv -- I've been given a de facto ban by JimRob.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
I'm new, plan to do and say nothing, just checking out the place due to having been given the link in FR mail.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I can receive, but not send FReepmail, can't edit my Profile page, and any posts I make have to be reviewed. Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm new, plan to do and say nothing, just checking out the place due to having been given the link in FR mail.

Welcome!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Howdy!  Welcome!

Online DCPatriot

Re: TCG - Some more rules/standards for the Trump Caucus Group sub-forum
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 04:18:25 PM »
1)  The primaries are over...therefore, the entire main Category (DEM and REPUBLICAN Primaries) should be archived.

2)  The Trump Caucus Group should be continued, but it shouldn't be 'buried' like it has been...requiring a basset hound to find it and multiple clicks to get in.

3) If you're serious about enforcing the rules in this area, per se, let it be pinned in POLITICS.   All it requires is some self-control for #nevertrumps to stay out if they nothing constructive to contribute.

just my two cents.

@Repub4Trump  @mystery-ak  @Right_in_Virginia  @flowers @alicewonders
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:20:09 PM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

"You can lead a liberal to the Truth, but you can't make them Think" - damned if I know

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »
1)  The primaries are over...therefore, the entire main Category (DEM and REPUBLICAN Primaries) should be archived.

2)  The Trump Caucus Group should be continued, but it shouldn't be 'buried' like it has been...requiring a basset hound to find it and multiple clicks to get in.

3) If you're serious about enforcing the rules in this area, per se, let it be pinned in POLITICS.   All it requires is some self-control for #nevertrumps to stay out if they nothing constructive to contribute.

just my two cents.

@Repub4Trump  @mystery-ak  @Right_in_Virginia  @flowers @alicewonders

A good two cents worth!  @DCPatriot

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 10:29:36 PM »
Calm down I got it under control.

After the convention
We put up the   PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016!
REPUBLICAN SIDE
   PRESIDENT
   CONGRESS
DEM SIDE

something like that.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv -- I've been given a de facto ban by JimRob.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 01:31:32 AM »
I'm glad to be here, but surprised there wasn't more interest or activity.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I can receive, but not send FReepmail, can't edit my Profile page, and any posts I make have to be reviewed. Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf