Author Topic: Pavlich: Decrying the GOP establishment is a lazy argument  (Read 2433 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Pavlich: Decrying the GOP establishment is a lazy argument
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 01:15:14 am »
That's the whole point of Miss Pavlich's column.

However, note one other thing: the rest of their records (something Pavlich touches on). Cruz has a record not only of having the establishment hate him, but fighting for conservative causes, especially some pretty big ones (like Obamacare). Compare to Trump, whose record is... well... he doesn't really have one. He went from a conservative in 1988, to a liberal in 2000, and now in 2016 he's a nationalist. His only record is building a brand around his last nameā€”not exactly the kind of approach one needs when leading a country; like brain surgeon Ben Carson, you can be very good at certain things but not be right for the job of being President.

Very well written, and good points.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 01:47:00 am »
Hi, Bigun.  What do you think about Cruz locking arms with the Bushes?
I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about here.

I think right in Virginia is referring to the fact that Ted Cruz seems to be comfortable using establishment infrastructure to propel his campaign. Such as Wall Street connections like Goldman Sachs and the Bush family financier connection.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 01:48:41 am »

I think right in Virginia is referring to the fact that Ted Cruz seems to be comfortable using establishment infrastructure to propel his campaign. Such as Wall Street connections like Goldman Sachs and the Bush family financier connection.

So what?  Should he go count on Sanders tossing him some gelt?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 02:05:07 am »
Trump didn't invent the system. He had to play within the system if he wanted to succeed in building great things.

No businessman wants to be in the position of having to grease the palms of politicians -- but that's the game politicians set up. It's inefficient and wrong. And Donald Trump wants it to end. That's part of what motivated his campaign.

Go back to 1988 on YouTube. Listen to what Trump was saying then and you'll get the jist of what is motivating his presidential run now.

Yes, he did have to play within the system. Very successfully, as you constantly remind me.

So - is he going to destroy the system? Or make it "more business friendly" for when he's back out of politics, or for his kids?

I don't think he's going to destroy that which made him successful. Do you?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Bill Cipher

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 02:09:29 am »
Trump didn't invent the system. He had to play within the system if he wanted to succeed in building great things.

No businessman wants to be in the position of having to grease the palms of politicians -- but that's the game politicians set up. It's inefficient and wrong. And Donald Trump wants it to end. That's part of what motivated his campaign.

Go back to 1988 on YouTube. Listen to what Trump was saying then and you'll get the jist of what is motivating his presidential run now.

(a) how do you know he didn't like it?  You have no clue what his internal subjective view on it was.

(b) it makes him utterly part of the establishment.  Period.

If you pay money for sex you're still a john whether you like it or not, and that makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 02:15:08 am »
I don't CARE what the source of it is! The CONTENT of the graphic I posted is 100% correct!

Anyone making the comparisons is an intellectual midget.

A-Lert

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 02:17:10 am »
Yes, he did have to play within the system. Very successfully, as you constantly remind me.

So - is he going to destroy the system? Or make it "more business friendly" for when he's back out of politics, or for his kids?

I don't think he's going to destroy that which made him successful. Do you?

How about removing the cancer in the system?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 02:22:38 am »
Jeb's brother joined Cruz's finance team.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,197793.0.html

(Hope that's the right link  ^-^ )

So what?  Many people have already joined Ted's campaign and before it's over many more will have!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 02:23:37 am »
Anyone making the comparisons is an intellectual midget.

Anyone who can't see them for himself is BLIND!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 02:25:20 am »

And you believe that TRUMP of all people is going to do that?   **nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 02:25:56 am »

In case you didn't see it before (not a jab, it's a busy forum!) how many of the Tea Party favorites who got in remained uncorrupted once in the system?

One - Cruz - and even he I wonder about from time to time. I can't name another. Can you?

Talking of removing the cancer from the system is all very fine - the system IS the cancer.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Bill Cipher

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 02:28:29 am »
In case you didn't see it before (not a jab, it's a busy forum!) how many of the Tea Party favorites who got in remained uncorrupted once in the system?

One - Cruz - and even he I wonder about from time to time. I can't name another. Can you?

Talking of removing the cancer from the system is all very fine - the system IS the cancer.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 02:33:21 am »

And a part of the cancer (Trump) is never going to remove the cancer!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 12:15:21 pm »
So what?  Many people have already joined Ted's campaign and before it's over many more will have!

My apologies, Bigun.  I thought you were looking for other than an establishment candidate.  But I now see you're not.  So, it makes sense that Cruz and the Bush family locking arms does not trouble you.   

Thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:17:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »

In the hundreds of TV, newspaper and magazine interviews Donald Trump has done over decades of his career, certain themes he talked about remained constant. That tells me he is principled and consistent.

That's my point of view after reading many of his statements and seeing and hearing many of his interviews. Those of you who dislike Donald Trump will of course disagree. But, before dismissing it, take a look at his public statements the last 35 years. He's saying the same things today.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 01:57:11 pm »
In the hundreds of TV, newspaper and magazine interviews Donald Trump has done over decades of his career, certain themes he talked about remained constant. That tells me he is principled and consistent.

That's my point of view after reading many of his statements and seeing and hearing many of his interviews. Those of you who dislike Donald Trump will of course disagree. But, before dismissing it, take a look at his public statements the last 35 years. He's saying the same things today.

He's certainly consistent at hawking MLM schemes and a phony university, along with all kinds of consumer goods made in China and Mexico.

The only "principle" Trump has is himself and his own narcissistic advancement.  NONE of what he's promising now can be done without Congress, and he never mentions that inconvenient (for him) fact.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »

I can't see the politicians actively participating in it doing anything to stop it. I'm willing to give an outsider the benefit of doubt. Otherwise I believe it will be business as usual. I for one am sick of it. I've been hearing empty promises for too many election cycles. Jails are overflowing, drugs and illegals everywhere and an 18 trillion dollar deficit. I want change!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 08:16:01 pm »
"Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton won't reform the system........... they ARE the system!!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien