Author Topic: TRUMP THUNDER IN SC DEBATE DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL - DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL  (Read 19029 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: TRUMP THUNDER IN SC DEBATE DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL - DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »
Scalia died when he did to bring us together.   Right on brother - let's unite to put an end to Trumpism and use anger constructively to persuade a nation to rise against the real enemy.

Who's the 'real enemy', Jazzhead?  Trump?  Or the Marxist Left in the hands of Sanders or Clinton?   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2016, 04:22:50 pm »
Well, then grab a 2nd cup of coffee, my friend!   :laugh:

I've had several.

There are a whole vocabulary worth of words I can think of to describe Donald Trump, but moderate isn't in there.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2016, 04:23:21 pm »
I am going to do like that Black woman in Cincinnati did. She voted 8 to 12 times for Obama and claimed that it was justified because, she had a 'mission' to elect a Black man.

Well, Trump is the Obama for the White man. And I have a mission which is just as important as the Blacks.

The thing that worries me. The thing that is at my heart. Someone is going to kill Trump soon. He is too big. He is too revolutionary. Someone is going to try to kill him before the end of the year.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2016, 04:26:40 pm »

Time will tell, but I think Donald made a serious tactical error last night. Coming out of New Hampshire with a nice win and a head of steam, leading in SC by double digits, he would have done well to appear relaxed and Presidential, while directing most of his fire toward the Democrats. But I don't believe that ability is within him.

SC is connected to the military like few other states.   I think Trump's spasm of truther-ism,  and insinuation that because of Bush our troops died in vain - without fingering Obama as the author of that shame -  will be a bitter pill for South Carolinians to swallow.   Remember,  Dubya himself is scheduled to campaign in the state -  Carolinians know he kept us safe.   

Think Trump's jumped the shark?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »
I am going to do like that Black woman in Cincinnati did. She voted 8 to 12 times for Obama and claimed that it was justified because, she had a 'mission' to elect a Black man.

Well, Trump is the Obama for the White man. And I have a mission which is just as important as the Blacks.

The thing that worries me. The thing that is at my heart. Someone is going to kill Trump soon. He is too big. He is too revolutionary. Someone is going to try to kill him before the end of the year.

Birther, Truther, "Bush lied, people died," full bore conspiracist, anti-vaxxer, lover of Planned Parenthood.

No. Trump won't be killed.  He will be humiliated at the ballot box with a big fat "No thanks."

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2016, 04:28:49 pm »
I've had several.

There are a whole vocabulary worth of words I can think of to describe Donald Trump, but moderate isn't in there.

Trump is a pure unadulterated free-market Capitalist.  One who thinks the market is too regulated by burdensome laws...laws passed by an Obama Administration.

That makes him a Conservative today....albeit a Moderate one based upon his other troubling statements.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2016, 04:29:40 pm »
SC is connected to the military like few other states.   I think Trump's spasm of truther-ism,  and insinuation that because of Bush our troops died in vain - without fingering Obama as the author of that shame -  will be a bitter pill for South Carolinians to swallow.   Remember,  Dubya himself is scheduled to campaign in the state -  Carolinians know he kept us safe.   

Think Trump's jumped the shark?

We have to hope.  If he wins in SC, he won't be stopped and we'll be stuck with him.

He locked up the crazy vote last night.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2016, 04:33:16 pm »
Who's the 'real enemy', Jazzhead?  Trump?  Or the Marxist Left in the hands of Sanders or Clinton?

The real enemy is Clinton/Sanders - and Trumpism is enabling them.   Scalia's passing should inspire conservatives to get serious about what's at stake in this election.   The events of last night make it plain - Trump cannot lead the Republican party - the stakes are too big and he's nutzo.     
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:36:29 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2016, 04:34:36 pm »
Trump is a pure unadulterated free-market Capitalist.  One who thinks the market is too regulated by burdensome laws...laws passed by an Obama Administration.

That makes him a Conservative today....albeit a Moderate one based upon his other troubling statements.

Please say that is sarcasm.  Trump is an unapologetic crony corporatist, thriving in corruption of the highest order who uses his influence and dollars to create get his politicians to create burdensome laws and regulations to stifle his competitors and favor himself. Even his biggest apologists defend him on this saying 'it is just business'. His stated proposals don't even address a 'market too regulated by burdensome laws', on the contrary, look at how many times he has referenced if he is elected 'forcing' businesses to do one thing or another.

It is one of the main things so many of us who have followed him for so long point to when saying how he can't be trusted and he is no where near a Conservative Constitutionalist that is needed at this time.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2016, 04:37:01 pm »
I'm hoping George W. takes on Trump directly this week just so Trump will come back at him with his usual nastiness.  W is liked in SC and his trashing of Bush could backfire big time.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2016, 04:43:56 pm »
Please say that is sarcasm.  Trump is an unapologetic crony corporatist, thriving in corruption of the highest order who uses his influence and dollars to create get his politicians to create burdensome laws and regulations to stifle his competitors and favor himself. Even his biggest apologists defend him on this saying 'it is just business'. His stated proposals don't even address a 'market too regulated by burdensome laws', on the contrary, look at how many times he has referenced if he is elected 'forcing' businesses to do one thing or another.

It is one of the main things so many of us who have followed him for so long point to when saying how he can't be trusted and he is no where near a Conservative Constitutionalist that is needed at this time.

That's complete nonsense.  Being a competitor in the business world as a business owner is not the same as being the POTUS, when taking action and strategies to "Make America Great Again!"

He's merely want to incentivize businesses to return to our country and use American workers....no different than New York State begging businesses to start up there in return for a decade of no taxes.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2016, 04:46:47 pm »
That's complete nonsense.  Being a competitor in the business world as a business owner is not the same as being the POTUS, when taking action and strategies to "Make America Great Again!"...

LOL, now I know  you are being sarcastic. Good one. Had me worried for a minute. Way better than when I parody a Trump supporter, I'll give you that.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2016, 05:00:49 pm »
It's getting scary because if they don't stop this crap during these debates we are going to end up with a Pres Sanders or Clinton...

Did we learn anything new last night...NO..just another pissing contest imho

These candidates fall into these lib moderators trap during ea and every *debate*....

These candidates fall into the se lib moderators RNC's trap during ea and every *debate*....

Sorry to disagree Myst - but as it was told to us by several members here - these debates are SPONSORED by the RNC (they get to pass the tickets out to whoever they choose - right?).  It's not like these moderators are complete unknowns to the RNC.  It's not like we haven't repeatedly seen these attempts to get brawls going instead of substantive debate time and time again. 

There can be no doubt that the audience was stacked against the two outsiders that have a chance of defeating the establishment's three candidates (who are tanking), Trump and Cruz (obviously, Carson isn't seen as a threat).  The audience was loudly booing and disrupting the debate whenever something was said that went against the establishment agenda.  Other than Kasich and Carson - everyone else lost their cool at one time or another.  It wasn't one of the Republican's finest hours.

But, in the end - WHO was the architect of this mess? 

I don't agree with Trump that Bush lied about the WMD.  I don't agree that 9/11 was his fault - although I do think that the administration dropped the ball - but that was a consequence of Clinton's doing.  Still, the sitting president is going to take the heat - unless you are Obama, and then you blame everyone else. 

Trump said he was against going into Iraq at the time we did - I was all for it, because I had great respect for Bush at the time.  In hindsight - my feelings have changed.  It was a mistake, what did it accomplish?  As far as Obama causing it to become a waste of our precious soldier's lives and futures - yes, that blood is on his hands.  But my overall feeling about it is that GWB's legacy is Obama. 

He failed to set up a continuing legacy to complete the mission in Iraq when he apparently took bad advice from Karl Rove - failing to defend the constant barrage of attacks from the left - who kept repeating them unfettered until they became the truth in many people's eyes.  He failed to have a Vice President that could run for office to have a continuum of his policies - deciding to instead - put us back to zero in having to come up with a candidate on our own.  We got John McCain - oh goody.  I blame that on George Bush. 

So, while I think that Trump allowed his buttons to get pushed at the debate - which was the intent of the GOP - and he said some things that I don't agree with - and that I wish he hadn't - I put the onus on the RNC.  This is what THEY wanted.  They will always work harder to satisfy their own greedy desires than they will work to defeat Democrats.  Always.

That's why I have no faith that they will fight Obama on his Supreme Court choice.  No faith. 

When you see huge crowds of people supporting someone who says he will tear this cabal down, remember who brought us to this place. 

The GOP.  Tearing defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2016, 05:02:02 pm »
LOL, now I know  you are being sarcastic. Good one. Had me worried for a minute. Way better than when I parody a Trump supporter, I'll give you that.

Well, then, you should get a real kick out of this:

After missing last night, and seeing Trump's debate performance this morning on YouTube, I'm doubling down on m'man Trumpman... :patriot:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2016, 05:03:30 pm »

I don't know who coined the term "suspension of disbelief", but I think it applies to your post. Suspension of disbelief is what is necessary for a movie watcher to do in an effort to enjoy a fantasy movie or a movie where the main characters manage to single-handedly defeat the entire Vietnamese army, in Vietnam, armed with a butter spreader and a pound of fusilli without getting a scratch.

I need to suspend disbelief to accept the idea that anyone can be both an "unadulterated free-market Capitalist" and an enthusiastic supporter of eminent domain.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2016, 05:05:19 pm »
Trump said he was against going into Iraq at the time we did

There is absolutely no record of Trump being against the war before the war:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/donald-trump-an-anti-iraq-activist-before-the-war-nope-not-r#.ugd52lVmg

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2016, 05:06:22 pm »
My comment was not directed at you. 

It's crap because 9/11 Truthers are nutso.  Trump went full bore Truther last night.

Do you agree with him that Bush was responsible for 9/11? 

Your comment was directed at my post....which you obviously did not read.   I do not hold Bush responsible for 9/11.  That attack was developed and planned under the Clinton administration.  And we all know that Clinton failed to kill OBL when he had the chance.  So, the Clinton administration is responsible for the attack on 9/11.

But, I have since that terrible day wondered (often aloud) how the Bush administration missed the coming attack.  I have always considered it an objective and reasonable question, although few would engage it.  We would have asked the same question of any democrat in the Oval Office, even eight months into his tenure--and we would have quoted CIA and Israeli sources as the basis for our question.

Questioning how the Bush II administration missed the single worst attack on US soil is not a pretty question, nor is it an easy one.  But it is fair.

And it is part of this election cycle because Jeb Bush wants us to trust that his ability to lead is passed through his bloodline, so thank him.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2016, 05:12:49 pm »

Your comment was directed at my post....which you obviously did not read.   I do not hold Bush responsible for 9/11.  That attack was developed and planned under the Clinton administration.  And we all know that Clinton failed to kill OBL when he had the chance.  So, the Clinton administration is responsible for the attack on 9/11.

But, I have since that terrible day wondered (often aloud) how the Bush administration missed the coming attack.  I have always considered it an objective and reasonable question, although few would engage it.  We would have asked the same question of any democrat in the Oval Office, even eight months into his tenure--and we would have quoted CIA and Israeli sources as the basis for our question.

Questioning how the Bush II administration missed the single worst attack on US soil is not a pretty question, nor is it an easy one.  But it is fair.

And it is part of this election cycle because Jeb Bush wants us to trust that his ability to lead is passed through his bloodline, so thank him.

My comment was not directed at anybody's post. It was directed to the universe of Trump supporters.

The 9/11 commission investigated the situation and circumstances thoroughly and did not blame Bush for it:  http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report_Exec.pdf

Question has been asked and answered.  That conspiracy nutballs (whom Trump has given legitimacy to) still "wonder" about it is not surprising, considering that many of the same people "wonder" about vaccines causing autism (as Trump still does).

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2016, 05:13:47 pm »

Sorry to disagree Myst - but as it was told to us by several members here - these debates are SPONSORED by the RNC (they get to pass the tickets out to whoever they choose - right?).  It's not like these moderators are complete unknowns to the RNC.  It's not like we haven't repeatedly seen these attempts to get brawls going instead of substantive debate time and time again. 

There can be no doubt that the audience was stacked against the two outsiders that have a chance of defeating the establishment's three candidates (who are tanking), Trump and Cruz (obviously, Carson isn't seen as a threat).  The audience was loudly booing and disrupting the debate whenever something was said that went against the establishment agenda.  Other than Kasich and Carson - everyone else lost their cool at one time or another.  It wasn't one of the Republican's finest hours.

But, in the end - WHO was the architect of this mess? 

I don't agree with Trump that Bush lied about the WMD.  I don't agree that 9/11 was his fault - although I do think that the administration dropped the ball - but that was a consequence of Clinton's doing.  Still, the sitting president is going to take the heat - unless you are Obama, and then you blame everyone else. 

Trump said he was against going into Iraq at the time we did - I was all for it, because I had great respect for Bush at the time.  In hindsight - my feelings have changed.  It was a mistake, what did it accomplish?  As far as Obama causing it to become a waste of our precious soldier's lives and futures - yes, that blood is on his hands.  But my overall feeling about it is that GWB's legacy is Obama. 

He failed to set up a continuing legacy to complete the mission in Iraq when he apparently took bad advice from Karl Rove - failing to defend the constant barrage of attacks from the left - who kept repeating them unfettered until they became the truth in many people's eyes.  He failed to have a Vice President that could run for office to have a continuum of his policies - deciding to instead - put us back to zero in having to come up with a candidate on our own.  We got John McCain - oh goody.  I blame that on George Bush. 

So, while I think that Trump allowed his buttons to get pushed at the debate - which was the intent of the GOP - and he said some things that I don't agree with - and that I wish he hadn't - I put the onus on the RNC.  This is what THEY wanted.  They will always work harder to satisfy their own greedy desires than they will work to defeat Democrats.  Always.

That's why I have no faith that they will fight Obama on his Supreme Court choice.  No faith. 

When you see huge crowds of people supporting someone who says he will tear this cabal down, remember who brought us to this place. 

The GOP.  Tearing defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again.   

Very thoughtful and well said.   goopo

Offline aligncare

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2016, 05:16:03 pm »

The Bush administration wasn't responsible for 9/11, but like all presidents, his administration was accountable for it happening on his watch; it's where the buck stops, etc.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2016, 05:16:07 pm »
My comment was not directed at anybody's post. It was directed to the universe of Trump supporters.

The 9/11 commission investigated the situation and circumstances thoroughly and did not blame Bush for it:  http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report_Exec.pdf

Question has been asked and answered.  That conspiracy nutballs (whom Trump has given legitimacy to) still "wonder" about it is not surprising, considering that many of the same people "wonder" about vaccines causing autism (as Trump still does).

It's also telling that no Democrat candidate has blamed Bush for the 9/11 attacks. Democrats in general have spent over a decade blaming Bush for every imaginable thing, but not for 9/11.

Trump, the moderate, blames Bush.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:17:02 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2016, 05:18:45 pm »
The Bush administration wasn't responsible for 9/11, but like all presidents, his administration was accountable for it happening on his watch; it's where the buck stops, etc.

I've known you long enough to know that that is NOT what you believed in the post 9/11, pre Trumpian world.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2016, 05:20:05 pm »

What the hell does that mean? He wasn't responsible but he should take responsibility?

Stop defending Trump on this. He's wrong and nutty on it.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2016, 05:27:55 pm »

Thanks for distilling my rather long-winded post to it's essence.